Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 29

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: New App Makes Gorgeous iPhone-Framed Screenshots Right On Your iOS Device

  1. #1
    Default New App Makes Gorgeous iPhone-Framed Screenshots Right On Your iOS Device


    Here on ModMyi, we don’t just take screenshots – we put our screenshots in great-looking iOS device frames so that they resemble the user’s device. Many have always asked what application is used to do this – we use Screentaker for Mac OS X, but today a client has appeared on Cydia for iOS devices and it can do nearly the same thing. The final product differs just a little bit, but the quality of the final image still remains high.

    The application that has hit Cydia is called PreviewMaker, by iOS developers FreeApple and SubyWrex, and it will set the buyer back $1.99 to grab. In comparison to the Mac OS X version, that is a good price, since Screentaker will cost you $4.99 to buy from the Mac App Store. PreviewMaker also comes packed with a bunch of user preferences and sharing options. Using the application is simple:



    When you open the application for the first time, you will be introduced by a nice-looking loading screen and then a blank iPhone frame with a '+' symbol in the screen. Tapping on this screen will bring up a Camera Roll prompt where you can select a screenshot from any of your albums to use in the iPhone frame. When you select the screenshot you want, the application shows you a preview of what the final product will look like and then you will be able to save the framed screenshot – we recommend the Camera Roll since it’s so easy to share photographs from the Camera Roll.



    Once you have created a framed image, you can easily share the image with your followers or friends. Importing it to the Camera Roll gives you the ability to iMessage or MMS the image to people or upload it to social networking sites via their applications. Alternatively, the PreviewMaker application comes with its own built-in sharing options for:
    • sharing the image on Twitter
    • uploading the image to ImageShack
    • uploading the image to Dropbox
    • e-mailing the image
    • copying the image


    From the options of the application (displayed below), you can adjust a ton of options for how the application performs. You can:
    • enable and disable the sounds that the application makes
    • edit the glare on the screen of the iOS device frame you put your screenshot inside of
    • add watermarks to the screenshots
    • choose the type of iOS device frame you want to use
    • log into your ImageShack account for the ImageShack integration
    • log into your Dropbox account for the Dropbox integration
    • access much more screenshot options




    As of right now, a lot of the options are still under development, so the only two devices you can use for a frame at this moment in time is a white or a black iPhone. Other device frame types will be added in time, as well as the ability to play around with advanced image creation settings.

    When you make an image with PreviewMaker for iOS, your end result will look something like this:



    PreviewMaker is totally worth the investment if you’re a developer of any applications or themes and you want your screenshots to look as professionally done as possible. The main selling point on this application is that your screenshots can be worked with right on the device you take the screenshots on instead of dragging them over to your computer to work with them in image editing applications. We definitely recommend this app!

    Name: PreviewMaker
    Price: $1.99
    Version: 1.0
    Repo: ModMyi
    Developer(s): FreeApple and SubyWrex
    Editor's Rating: / 4.5/5

    Sources: FreeApple and SubyWrex

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

    FreeApple (07-23-2012)

  3. #2
    Starbucks Artist mmaboi21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Bakersfield CA.
    Posts
    2,405
    Thanks
    163
    Thanked 207 Times in 160 Posts

    Heard about this project months ago... Glad to see its finally debuted but I believe they submitted it to the AppStore first and if it got rejected it would hit cydia. Makes life easier for sure

  4. #3
    Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    The Future
    Posts
    2,139
    Thanks
    108
    Thanked 239 Times in 197 Posts

    It would be nice if you could change the black iPhone to the white iPhone

  5. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by BenderRodriguez View Post
    It would be nice if you could change the black iPhone to the white iPhone
    you can.. If you go through the tips it will show you how (notice the page dot on the main page, if you swipe to the next page there is a white iPhone)

    Also -

    an up an coming feature that is already working on a beta version right now is the ability to put in videos from display recorder as well as a still image.
    Last edited by subywrex; 07-22-2012 at 06:11 PM.

  6. #5
    Livin the iPhone Life KraXik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Winchester, UK
    Posts
    2,631
    Thanks
    2,680
    Thanked 1,755 Times in 892 Posts

    If you have photoshop or gimp just google "iPhone template psd". Loads of amazing free ones out there.

  7. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by KraXik View Post
    If you have photoshop or gimp just google "iPhone template psd". Loads of amazing free ones out there.
    Lol that's what I do.

    I guess this one is faster and more convenient though.

  8. #7
    Starbucks Artist mmaboi21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Bakersfield CA.
    Posts
    2,405
    Thanks
    163
    Thanked 207 Times in 160 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by subywrex View Post
    you can.. If you go through the tips it will show you how (notice the page dot on the main page, if you swipe to the next page there is a white iPhone)

    Also -

    an up an coming feature that is already working on a beta version right now is the ability to put in videos from display recorder as well as a still image.
    Suby did you send the app to the AppStore first?

  9. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by BenderRodriguez View Post
    It would be nice if you could change the black iPhone to the white iPhone
    That's in there too, as I stated in the article...

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard
    ...the only two devices you can use for a frame at this moment in time is a white or a black iPhone.
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 07-22-2012 at 06:55 PM.

  10. #9
    Awesome great work, whether I'm a dev or not I'm buying this

    1.too support devs like sub
    2. Just too add an elegant look to screenshots

    Thanks for the tweak will be fun to expierement with

  11. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by KraXik View Post
    If you have photoshop or gimp just google "iPhone template psd". Loads of amazing free ones out there.
    This all takes place on your phone no need for Photoshop. App is meant to be an easy fast on-the-go solution

    Quote Originally Posted by mmaboi21 View Post
    Suby did you send the app to the AppStore first?
    Yes it was rejected for IMHO being to awesome lol. (Denied for petty bs)

  12. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by subywrex View Post
    This all takes place on your phone no need for Photoshop. App is meant to be an easy fast on-the-go solution



    Yes it was rejected for IMHO being to awesome lol. (Denied for petty bs)
    I can't understand why they would reject this. There's a bunch of complete bullsh!t apps on the AppStore and this one looks pretty nice.

  13. #12
    Starbucks Artist mmaboi21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Bakersfield CA.
    Posts
    2,405
    Thanks
    163
    Thanked 207 Times in 160 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by subywrex View Post
    This all takes place on your phone no need for Photoshop. App is meant to be an easy fast on-the-go solution



    Yes it was rejected for IMHO being to awesome lol. (Denied for petty bs)
    Lol well we all think it's great bro

  14. #13
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Agent929's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    271
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Nice I just bought it.
    War is my mission. Killing is my ambition.

  15. #14
    Ive been trying to make an app like this for like 2 months. I kinda stopped cuz I'm no good at editing images so that it looks perfect but i might still make mine because mine was intended for the App Store. Mine will have every device too, including the outdated ones.

  16. #15
    What size is the image then saved in?

    If it stayed as 640x960 then I will have to pass this up since it will loose quality on original shot. But if it adds to it and saves the final as something 800x1100 that would be perfect!!
    Have a random themeing/jaku question? Hit me up on twitter to avoid an off topic post. I am glad to help.
    @jimbohurt

  17. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by MacProClub View Post
    Ive been trying to make an app like this for like 2 months. I kinda stopped cuz I'm no good at editing images so that it looks perfect but i might still make mine because mine was intended for the App Store. Mine will have every device too, including the outdated ones.
    it will get rejected.. Ours did and the reason would effect anyone who tried making the same app.

    Quote Originally Posted by JimboHurt View Post
    What size is the image then saved in?

    If it stayed as 640x960 then I will have to pass this up since it will loose quality on original shot. But if it adds to it and saves the final as something 800x1100 that would be perfect!!
    there is no quality loss.. the screen shot it self stays at 640x960 and is set inside an iphone.. the dimension of the image after made will be 848  1788
    Last edited by subywrex; 07-23-2012 at 12:00 AM.

  18. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by subywrex View Post
    there is no quality loss.. the screen shot it self stays at 640x960 and is set inside an iphone.. the dimension of the image after made will be 848  1788
    Sold me. Thanks
    Have a random themeing/jaku question? Hit me up on twitter to avoid an off topic post. I am glad to help.
    @jimbohurt

  19. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by subywrex View Post
    it will get rejected.. Ours did and the reason would affect anyone who tried making the same app.
    Out of curiosity what reason did they give?

  20. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by subywrex View Post
    it will get rejected.. Ours did and the reason would effect anyone who tried making the same app.
    What was the reason, just out of curiosity?

  21. #20

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •