+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Best Tweaks of the Week 7/16 - 7/22

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Best Tweaks of the Week 7/16 - 7/22

Here are the best jailbreak creations for the week of July 16th until today, July 22nd as per the opinion of our staff. This is a weekly recap.

1. Octopus Keyboard - $4.99

Octopus Keyboard is a great new jailbreak tweak by iOS developer Mario Hros because it allows iOS to guess what you’re going to type next. When you see a word that you mean to spell, you can swipe up on the key that you see the word above to auto-insert the word without having to type it out. The tweak works very well in all applications that you can type in. Octopus Keyboard helps save time because it requires you to type less keyboard keys to put out what you’re trying to say. It’s a worthy investment and it’s fun to use.

2. InfoPage - FREE

InfoPage is a new free jailbreak tweak by iOS developer q0rtex and it’s neat because it allows you to put a line of text at the top of your home screen that can say anything you want it to. It comes with built-in features such as amount of free RAM, current IP address, and much more (pictured above), but you can also choose to have a custom line of text that can say anything you want it to. Ultimately, the tweak is a great way to customize your home screen the way no other stock iPhone can. The text looks best on darker wallpapers.

3. iTypeWriter - 99

iTypeWriter is a new jailbreak tweak by iOS developer Skram that allows your iOS device to play classic typewriter sounds while you type on the keyboard. It works from any application that the keyboard appears in. It plays the click, clack, tap sounds you would hear from a typewriter and also the ding sound you would hear as you manually start a new line. The tweak is very similar to an application released for Mac OS X that also plays typewriter sounds on any Mac computer, but it brings the experience to our mobile devices as well. iPhone users can also opt to have vibration feedback as they type on their keyboard.

4. MonoBar - FREE

MonoBar is a new free jailbreak tweak by iOS developer thekirbylover created for the sole purpose of keeping Apple’s big status bar from crushing your home screen and application interfaces. The tweak will make the status bar always display in the size of a single status bar but it will pulse the proper colors that you would expect depending on what you are doing. When in the middle of a FaceTime call and pressing the home screen to multitask, you get a green status bar that doubles in size. The same occurs for phone calls, a blue bar when using the personal hotspot feature, and a red bar when recording. The tweak sacrifices the “touch to resume” feature, but it keeps your third-party application interface buttons from being inaccessible because of being pushed too far down.

Stay tuned for next week's best tweaks - only on ModMyi!

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,062 Times in 4,204 Posts

Octopus seems very cool will look into this.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

again its the tweaks that came out this week. but all of these are still really nice. i think 1 and 2 are pretty nice and could even be considered necessities

itypewriter is really fun to use and mono bar cleans it up really nice

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mrteacup View Post
    again its the tweaks that came out this week. but all of these are still really nice. i think 1 and 2 are pretty nice and could even be considered necessities

itypewriter is really fun to use and mono bar cleans it up really nice
    The best tweaks of the week is just that – the best tweaks that came out this week. It's a recap for anyone that may have missed stuff.
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 07-22-2012 at 03:43 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me fanboyfanboy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    The best tweaks of the week is just that the best tweaks that came out this week. It's a recap for anyone that may have missed stuff.
    I think he means that the 4 tweaks are the only tweaks that came out this week so they are automatically the top because they had no competition besides each other

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fanboyfanboy View Post
    I think he means that the 4 tweaks are the only tweaks that came out this week so they are automatically the top because they had no competition besides each other
    This article only mentions about half of the tweaks that were released this week. We picked the best out of them all.
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 07-22-2012 at 03:59 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Octopus Keyboard is the best thing I have ever put on my phone hands down.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    This article only mentions about half of the tweaks that were released this week. We picked the best out of them all.
    Anthony, where can I find the tweaks released on a weekly basis? Other than "best tweaks if the week" ?

Thank you

Thanks
    Thanked 2,624 Times in 1,027 Posts

Wow. Info page looks nice