Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Theme of the Week 7/14 - 7/20

Default Theme of the Week 7/14 - 7/20

This week Cydia’s repositories were hit with a good number of nice themes, but we think that Notebook by Bluemetal was the greatest of them all because of the amount of detail that brings the theme into a sense of graphical realism.

Notebook doesn’t play around. The theme was created to resemble that of a personal notebook – as the name implies. The lock screen looks stunning and resembles that of a cover of a personal notebook that includes a built-in RSS feed and weather summary. The slide to unlock slider gets a whole new look as well as the camera grabber. When you start charging the device, you will be surprised by a neat lock screen picture.

The home screen can be divided into sections of your 'notebook' that are labeled by part of the theme that relies on a jailbreak tweak called PerPageHTML+. There are tons of sections that come with this theme, including one for Internet-based applications, one for game-based applications, and one for Jailbreak-based applications (jailbreak page shown above). You will also find options for home screen widgets.

Notebook uses a combination of the jailbreak tweaks Iconoclasm and Gridlock to place the application icons exactly on the home screen as pictured above so that it looks like the application icons are tucked into pockets on the notebook-based background. The notebook-based background sits on a nice wooden wallpaper that resembles a nice wooden desk that just adds to the beauty of the whole package.

Notebook also themes Notification Center, the Status Bar, the multitasking App Switcher, and application interfaces to match the colors provided on the lock screen. The icon work done in the application interfaces looks great and it's obvious that a fair amount of time was spent on making the icons. With every application that is launched, you are shown a beautiful wooden loading screen.

If themes that re-create a realistic appearance while maintaining a gorgeous appearance are something that you like to see on your iPhone's display, then Notebook is a must-have for you. It includes more than just the wooden wallpaper, but this one was by far our favorite. It can be found on the ModMyi repository for a cost of $2.99 (jailbreak tweaks to enhance the appearance are sold separately).

Honorable Mentions

Apart from this week’s winner, Notebook, we would also like to mention two other themes that were released this week.

1. TempER HD Purple by ZFrost.

TempER HD Purple is hosted on the ZodTTD & MacCiti repository for a cost of $2.99. The theme comes complete with a lock screen makeover that includes the weather, date, time, today’s high and low temperature, and a nice background to go along with it. The information is nicely tucked to the right side of the screen and the weather is shown at the bottom of the screen.

When you unlock the device and see the home screen for the first time, the theme will surprise you with a widget that tells you the current weather conditions, estimated time for sunrise and sunset, and the time and date. Of course, the theme’s name is proudly embedded in the background as well. Any icon badges are changed to a gray, square-like look and they look great with the surrounding colors. The multitasking App Switcher resembles the look of the home screen’s background however the buttons for closing applications are round.

Application navigation panes, icons, and switches are all universally changed to go along with the look of the theme. Notification Center gets a new background, the Status Bar gets a brand new look, and a loading screen will appear each time you launch an application.

The theme is purple, so if you have a girlfriend that loves playing with their iPhones, why not give them this as a present?

2. Buzzz by maustincoulter.

Buzzz is hosted on the ModMyi repository for a cost of $1.99. Buzzz is a theme that makes everything look more realistic. Starting from the home screen, you will notice that all of the application icons resemble a photograph right out of real life with the exception of a couple such as the App Store, Cydia, and iTunes. Buzzz includes a nice background for the multitasking App Switcher and some new close buttons .

Buzzz gives Notification Center a new background and grabber that resembles the camera grabber on the lock screen. The lock screen will show you your battery level when charging using two rows. At around 50% battery, only one row will be illuminated. The slide to unlock bar will pulse with a color of your choice and the slider gets a new boxy appearance.

Application interfaces like Safari, Messages, and Music all get a new look with Buzzz to match its rather boxy-like appearance. Navigation panes and buttons are changed to a darker color, but icons such as those in the Settings application remain unchanged from before the theme is enabled. Our favorite part about this theme is the beauty of the application icons, but overall, it’s a nice simple little theme for the right price.

Be sure to catch up with next week's best theme only on ModMyi!

If you missed last week's Theme of the Week staff picks, you can take a peek here.
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 07-20-2012 at 03:24 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

Blue (07-20-2012)

Master Theme Creator (aka Bluemetal) Blue's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,313 Times in 3,588 Posts

Thanks Anthony. Please let me show some other/additional picures that display more about the idea and function of NoteBook:

It´s the first Winterboard theme ever (think so) with a live Facebook widget and RSS-readers with pictures Static and animated Weather widgets and RSS readers work now out of the box, setup free !

Link: http://modmyi.com/forums/iphone-4-ne...-notebook.html

The wodden background is only one of three optional backgrounds that can be enabled at Winterboard, this is the default look:

Last edited by Blue; 07-20-2012 at 05:00 PM.

i demand you resize those pictures..lol nice theme

5. The Following User Says Thank You to LittleJob For This Useful Post:

Blue (07-20-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Congrats Blue you deserve it man. Good looking theme for sure.

got any more pictures? lol

Love the battery charger idea, and overall good idea

Thanks
    Thanked 1,757 Times in 894 Posts

Bluemetal = best iPhone themer of all time.

Yep. I said it.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to KraXik For This Useful Post:

Blue (07-20-2012)

Thanks Anthony. I appreciate the honorable mention! I'm very proud of TempER HD

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ZFrost For This Useful Post:

metaserph (07-22-2012)

NoteBook looks awesome Bro! Well Deserved Winner

Thanks

That's what I'm talking about! I got this bad boy when it showed up in cydia, great pick anthony! Blue your an awesome themer definitely one 0f the best

14. The Following User Says Thank You to mmaboi21 For This Useful Post:

Blue (07-20-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    got any more pictures? lol

Love the battery charger idea, and overall good idea
    Sorry, but the preview of modmyi unfortunatly doesn´t even show the homescreen of NoteBook and describes it as some kind of a wooden theme. I just wanted to show how it really looks and what neverseen widgets are included

Quote Originally Posted by LittleJob View Post
    i demand you resize those pictures..lol nice theme
    resized now
    Last edited by Blue; 07-20-2012 at 05:07 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,274 Times in 1,393 Posts

@Bluemetal
    Notebook is one of the cleanest themes I've ever seen for the iPhone. I don't use themes but yours is tempting to purchase because of all the thought you put into it! Gr8 job, bro!!! 👍

I can't seem to get the Facebook widget working (notebook theme)...more specifically I can't seem to find my Facebook page RSS url. I tried to use the provided instructions but Facebook apparently no longer supports the RSS url generator provided in the instructions Any suggestions?

I can't seem to get the Facebook widget working (notebook theme)...more specifically I can't seem to find my Facebook page RSS url. I tried to use the provided instructions but Facebook apparently no longer supports the RSS url generator provided in the instructions Any suggestions?

I can't set anything in perpagehtml+ I set it close with the home button and I respring am nothing changes I love the theme but sucks can't really use it

Thanks
    Thanked 1,757 Times in 894 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ninjallo View Post
    I can't set anything in perpagehtml+ I set it close with the home button and I respring am nothing changes I love the theme but sucks can't really use it
    The cracked version is buggy as hell try using the paid version.

Mod edit;
    Another reason to pay for your apps.
    Last edited by blkcadi; 07-21-2012 at 09:18 PM. Reason: warez chatter

20. The Following User Says Thank You to KraXik For This Useful Post:

Blue (07-21-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by armanisme8 View Post

The rss generator/add on of facebooks still exists. Try out the links from the instructions that are included inside the widget folder.
    Last edited by blkcadi; 07-21-2012 at 09:19 PM.

I do have the paid version went threw and purchased then all een the normal perpagehtml free edition doesn't work at all I'm on iPhone 4 iOS 5.1.1

Edit never mind it didn't like barrel to well
    Last edited by blkcadi; 07-21-2012 at 09:19 PM.

Here's my next issue ever since I've installed and uninstalled springtimize I have no charge display on lock screen any solutions?

Thanks

Here's my next issue ever since I've installed and uninstalled springtimize I have no charge display on lock screen any solutions?
    Do u have CleanStatus? Try enabling and disabling the Battery Icon to see if it will return.

Lastly, if you have Bolt installed, it will always auto-hide your battery icon.

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    Do u have CleanStatus? Try enabling and disabling the Battery Icon to see if it will return.

Lastly, if you have Bolt installed, it will always auto-hide your battery icon.
    No the battery in the status bar is their and changes when charging but the main lock screen charge display isn't showing

Thanks

No the battery in the status bar is their and changes when charging but the main lock screen charge display isn't showing
    Ohhh...I see

Did this occur after installing the theme?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast