Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Nano-SIMs Being Tested Ahead of Upcoming iPhone

Thanks

Default Nano-SIMs Being Tested Ahead of Upcoming iPhone

According to BGR, carriers are indeed testing new nano-SIM cards in partnership with Apple. The news comes shortly after a report earlier this week claiming that European carriers were stockpiling the new nano-SIM cards in expectation that Apple will begin to use the smaller card in the next-generation iPhone.

According to BGR:

Multiple carrier sources have exclusively told BGR that Apple is supplying nano-SIM adapters so its carrier partners can test how nano-SIMs work on their networks in standard test devices before they are widely deployed when the new iPhone is introduced. This includes AT&T.
    As of right now, it hasn’t been confirmed what Apple will go with definitively as a part leak back in the month of May suggested that Apple would continue to use micro-SIMs in the next-generation iPhone. With the new nano-SIM standard backed by Apple and having been approved just last month, the company may already be pushing forward to adopt the technology as a space saving measure for their new device.

Regardless of what speculation points towards, we’ll find out soon enough when Apple announces the next-generation iPhone or something more definitive is leaked.

Source: BGR

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

i guessing that a lot of additional technology can be squeezed in the space created by using nano-sim's.

Quote Originally Posted by hank197857 View Post
    i guessing that a lot of additional technology can be squeezed in the space created by using nano-sim's.
    More likely that the reduced space needed helps to compensate for the rumored slimmer design.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    More likely that the reduced space needed helps to compensate for the rumored slimmer design.
    Amounts to the same thing doesn't it?

well this is a bit as obvious as saying iPhone is testing nfc technology and 4g. whether or not it will have some features they are ofc testing it.. so they will eventually implement it. if they don't have 4g on the next iPhone I'm going to kill tim cook YEAH YOU HEARD ME

iPhone? More like MyPhone HovikGas's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mrteacup View Post
    well this is a bit as obvious as saying iPhone is testing nfc technology and 4g. whether or not it will have some features they are ofc testing it.. so they will eventually implement it. if they don't have 4g on the next iPhone I'm going to kill tim cook YEAH YOU HEARD ME
    Of course it's gonna have 4G. That would be a disaster for them if it didn't...

Thanks

Ok.

iPhone? More like MyPhone GooseG's Avatar
    Thanks

It will have 4G. The reason Apple didn't put 4G in the 4S is because Apple plays it cool, not immediately jumping at every new technology, for the purpose of battery life. Pretty good idea, right? Which would you rather have, 4G, and 4 hour battery life, or HSPA+ and 10 hour battery life? I'd go for battery life personally. And I do believe the new iPhone will have 4G, as Apple is working on battery technology all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by GooseG View Post
    It will have 4G. The reason Apple didn't put 4G in the 4S is because Apple plays it cool, not immediately jumping at every new technology, for the purpose of battery life. Pretty good idea, right? Which would you rather have, 4G, and 4 hour battery life, or HSPA+ and 10 hour battery life? I'd go for battery life personally. And I do believe the new iPhone will have 4G, as Apple is working on battery technology all the time.
    Haha I know it will have 4g I'm just talking about how modmyi posts things like "rumor next iPhone will have 4g" it's like no duh if they want to compete they'll need it

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
    Ok.
    +1

Livin the iPhone Life seann33uk's Avatar
    Thanks

just think of all that room removing 1.6mm of plastic from around a chip. loads of room for a bigger battery and all sorts now

Quote Originally Posted by HovikGas View Post
    Of course it's gonna have 4G. That would be a disaster for them if it didn't...
    Haha I know it will have 4g I'm just talking about how modmyi posts things like "rumor next iPhone will have 4g" it's like no duh if they want to compete they'll need it
    Really? Apple have been known not to include features most phones have...video chat over 3G...set your existing mp3's as ringtones...real bluetooth etc etc

Sure Apple can come up with BS excuses as to why most basic features are missing, but the other day I discovered I needed to download a 3rd party app just to create groups in my Contacts.

I think Jailbreakers often forget the many tweaks they have had to install to simply get their iPhone on par with the basic functions of other devices...