Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Reportedly Using UDID to Stifle In-App Purchase Hack

Default Apple Reportedly Using UDID to Stifle In-App Purchase Hack

New reports indicate Apple might be using the unique device identifier data (UDID) identification system to stop the in-app purchase workaround afflicting the iOS community.

Unnamed app developers are reporting that Apple may be utilizing the unique UDID number assigned to every iDevice to prevent unwanted free purchases from occurring according to MacRumors. Numerous developers have reported a new receipt field entitled “unique_identifier” showing up on in-app purchases. It’s unclear how Apple is leveraging the UDID, or if the new “unique_identifier” is the same as the UDID, which Apple has famously dropped support for and urged developers to use different methods to identify iDevices.

Many consumer advocacy groups praised Apple’s abandonment of the UDID standard citing privacy concern, while mobile ad agencies griped about not being able to rely on metrics calculated from the reportedly anonymous UDID. Apple is in fact utilizing the UDID to protect consumers, and developers falling victim to the in-app workaround, expect the ad agencies to point out the irony.

Source: AppleInsider [via Macrumors]

iPhone? More like MyPhone Italia411's Avatar
    Thanks

Some one is going to get sued..hopefully no one was dumb enough to try this hack.

My iPhone is a Part of Me hitman10's Avatar
    Thanks

^ +1

That's ok, people can just use UDID Faker to get around that

Quote Originally Posted by Italia411 View Post
    Some one is going to get sued..hopefully no one was dumb enough to try this hack.
    They can't sue te Russian guy cause he's well in Russia and they can't sue all the users cause they would lose More money than gain and its impossible to track them down and sue them all. Otherwise they would have sued ********** and jailbreakers years ago

They re gonna tack in app purchases only ? I don't think Apple will sue everybody who lives in the world because it's impossible . If they want to sue everybody they should have started it when the jailbreaking started in 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Italia411 View Post
    that never stopped people from jail breaking, using in********. it would be impossible for them to sue everyone using it apple would lose more money then gain (most of it would go to companies ripped off) and they would just lose consumers.

This hack still works. I got like $400 worth of gold/money in CSR Racer, had some pimp *** cars, beat it in like 30 min, and deleted it. This+******** is awesome.
    Last edited by Cer0; 07-19-2012 at 10:50 PM. Reason: Going around filters

My iPhone is a Part of Me PoEtikly's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hogs4Life View Post
    This hack still works. I got like $400 worth of gold/money in CSR Racer, had some pimp *** cars, beat it in like 30 min, and deleted it. This+******** is awesome.
    And what exactly is the point of doing that? I know when I play a game I want to be challenged. That's just like hackers on mp games like battlefield 3, etc... It takes all the challenge and fun out of it. But those are the type of people who more than likely make it no where in life because they just take the easy way out of any difficult situation. I guess if that's how you like doing things then by all means keep on keepin on.