+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Sprint Won't Charge for FaceTime Over Cellular

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by Gopher_Otis The reason why Sprint won't charge for FaceTime is because their network doesn't have the backhaul capabilities to even do it. 500kbps just doesn't cut it.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gopher_Otis View Post
    The reason why Sprint won't charge for FaceTime is because their network doesn't have the backhaul capabilities to even do it. 500kbps just doesn't cut it.
    Yeah in 3G network, that's why when the next iPhone rolls out with LTE sprint will have most cities and states with LTE network, at this moment only few current cities have it since the 15th and they actually did a freaking good job with it by hitting 7mbps-30mbps down and 4-18mbps up. But when whole nation has it then it'll still probably hit the 20mbps peak which is still good.

Thanks
    to charge or not to charge... i cannot use Sprint... the signal's poor, i can't even have a nice phone conversation with my buddies... what more can i expect if i use FT? nah...

iPhone? More like MyPhone soidroidios's Avatar
    Thanks

Looks like once this facetime charge hits, jailbreaking will be even more rampant so that people can delete the carrier's control over it.

Thanks
    if skype's charge is lower... then i would rather say hello to skype again than pay higher rates for the same service. I know FT is better... but id like better keep some of my pennies.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MountainCubX View Post
    to charge or not to charge... i cannot use Sprint... the signal's poor, i can't even have a nice phone conversation with my buddies... what more can i expect if i use FT? nah...
    It's not really poor, it's just their 3G network is slow compared to their WiMAX and LTE network. If you can be patient and get the next gen iPhone then you'll be happy with sprints new upgraded LTE network(varies by states who will have it by then) sprint.com/lte will show you their network differences of down,upload, and the peak speed, also you can be notify when LTE rolls out in your area to.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to GuiltyGearIsaac For This Useful Post:

MountainCubX (07-26-2012)

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12