Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Next Generation iPhone Cases Prematurely Released

Thanks

Default Next Generation iPhone Cases Prematurely Released

Third-party protective iPhone cases that are designed to accommodate a 4-inch screen, a taller frame, a smaller dock connector, and a repositioned headphone jack (now at the bottom of the device) have begun to appear online already in anticipation of Apple’s next generation handset. These new cases which are available for purchase from China’s TVC-Mall.com were recently publicized by Cydia Blog.

One thing to note is that the online store does give customers a warning that it cannot “guarantee this product can be used in iPhone 5.” It does make me wonder why anyone would want to purchase a case for a device that hasn’t been revealed, especially considering how the case you’d buy might not even be compatible. Last year, third-party case manufacturers bet on and lost on a redesigned iPhone, selling products for a design that never came to fruition.

The cases don’t offer any new details or insight on Apple’s anticipated next-generation iPhone, as the design matches previous rumors, which have been supported by pictures of alleged prototype parts that have leaked online. Industry analysts suspect that Apple will be releasing the next iPhone about a year after the launch of the iPhone 4S in either September or October. Such a move would allow the Cupertino California company to take advantage of the holiday shopping season, which helped result in record breaking sales of the iPhone 4S at launch last year.

Source: Cydia Blog

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

This isn't just some type of spiffy mock up?

I don't think I like the headphone dock being at the bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by Senyaichiya View Post

+1 but its prob fake

I personally think the whole design of this mockup is CRAP! Who wants a taller iPhone, why not keep the same size but have an edge to edge screen.

Quote Originally Posted by atorres062 View Post
    I personally think the whole design of this mockup is CRAP! Who wants a taller iPhone, why not keep the same size but have an edge to edge screen.
    I'd love an edge to edge(for the look) but then normal cases wouldn't be able to wrap the edge of the front

My iPhone is a Part of Me luvmytj's Avatar
    Thanks

Last year some Chinese place made cases for the "new" iPhone style that turned into the 4S so the cases they made were useless.

If its real I actually do like the idea of a headphone jack at the bottom I find myself having a lot of issues getting it out of my pocket. For some strange reason I always seem to get it out and hold it in my hand upside down. It will be a fake any way

i for one would prefer the headphone jack being on the bottom of the phone. think about it, if your listing to music with your headphones.. you can comfortably use the phone right side up without the cord dangling from the top. the cord at the bottom would be closer to your body and would get in the way.

Im sure this is just a mockup because it happens every year and nearly every year goes wrong !

My iPhone is a Part of Me bmwraw8482's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't like it even having a headphone jack. Just a place to collect dirt and moisture.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

lol i have the same style case for my 3gs exceptions the camera, the charging/speaker area, and the volume buttons but the look is nearly identical.

Hey, I want this case... How I buy this ??