+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Massive Foxconn Hiring Raises iPhone Production Talk

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
One of Apple's most important manufacturing partners in Asia is hiring at the speed of light. Such a reality is naturally raising speculation about why such an augmented labor force
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,474 Times in 561 Posts

Default Massive Foxconn Hiring Raises iPhone Production Talk

One of Apple's most important manufacturing partners in Asia is hiring at the speed of light. Such a reality is naturally raising speculation about why such an augmented labor force is needed at this point in time. The answer, of course, is likely plain as day.

The 6th generation Apple iPhone has either already gone into production or it will soon. In order to crank out the type of production that such a massive endeavor demands, Foxconn will need an employee boost. And that's what is apparently taking place.

Chinese news blog M.I.C. Gadget is reporting that thousands of prospective employees have flocked to Foxconn's Chengdu plant in hopes of landing a summer job. As of this writing, it isn't clear how many openings are available. But Foxconn is rumored to be hiring a very large number of new workers to help crank out new iPhones and reduce the likelihood of production delays or product shortages.

All told, the interest among job-seekers is a big win-win for Foxconn. The company, M.I.C. Gadget reveals, requires job applicants to submit a "registration fee" of 150 Chinese yuan - which comes out to about $24 - just to formally apply for summer employment.

Source: M.I.C. Gadget

iPhone? More like MyPhone Airwaves182's Avatar
    Thanks

Ching Chong!

iPhone? More like MyPhone runey71's Avatar
    Thanks

Seriously?!?!?!? They make you pay to apply for a job?

Thanks

Umm of course they need more workers..Apple is cranking out new phones by the year, tablets by the year and a possible Apple HDTV soon. They need all of the workers they can muster im sure. I find it funny that you have to pay to fill out an application hahaha..does it come with multiple choice questions ahha YIKES!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
    Umm of course they need more workers..Apple is cranking out new phones by the year, tablets by the year and a possible Apple HDTV soon. They need all of the workers they can muster im sure. I find it funny that you have to pay to fill out an application hahaha..does it come with multiple choice questions ahha YIKES!

Great news maybe we will see the new i phone before October.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
    I believe this plant only produces iPhones. So while the applicable part of your comment is correct ("...new phones by the year") it is the relevance of the increase in hiring now as it relates to production, and therefore "imminent" release of the NEW iPhone.

Corporations there are in the drivers seat. Would be a nice move on Apple's part to pay that fee for the employees. Of course that could (arguably) raise the cost to the consumer for each iPhone by $24 (actually...markup... increase by $50)...

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by runey71 View Post
    Seriously?!?!?!? They make you pay to apply for a job?
    My thoughts exactly, that is just wrong on so many levels.