Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Add Both Widgets and Application Icons to the Lock Screen With 'AnyLock'

Default Add Both Widgets and Application Icons to the Lock Screen With 'AnyLock'

There are some pretty expensive solutions out there for getting Notification Cetner widgets and application icons on your lock screen for faster access, however a new jailbreak tweak dubbed AnyLock by iOS developer Gil Ben Moshe will let you put both Notification Center widgets and application icons on the lock screen.

The tweak allows you to put the application icons and the Notification Center widgets absolutely anywhere on the screen you want them to be. There is no grid that the applications have to snap into like on the home screen – this means you can have them as out-of-line or as in-line as you want them to be. The icons can be placed around the Notification Center widgets, on the notifications center widgets, or anywhere in between.

AnyLock has an application icon added to the home screen where you can edit the way the lock screen will look when you add elements to it:

As soon as you launch the application, you’re in editing mode and the application will simulate what your lock screen is going to look like. You can move anything on the interface around so that it appears anywhere you want them to in this mode. You can also tap on the red "delete mode" button at the top of the screen to enter delete mode, which will allow you to remove elements from the lock screen. To add elements, tap on the green, "add" button at the top and you will be accompanied by two lists – one is for widgets and one is for applications – where you can tap on anything from the list to add it to the lock screen. You should tap on the "save" button every time you finish making changes, but you won't have to perform a respring to see your changes on the lock screen because they will appear there immediately once you save your changes.

The appearance of the application for editing your lock screen elements looks like something right out of Windows 8, but the tweak looks a lot better on the lock screen once you’re done editing everything to your liking.

AnyLock also comes with a preferences pane in the Settings application where you can adjust some options pertaining to the lock screen’s default contents:

From the preferences pane you can enable and disable the tweak on demand as well as:
    • choose between sliding the slide to unlock slider and tapping to unlock the device
    • choose between single-tapping or double-tapping application icons to launch the apps
    • hide or show the lock screen clock
    • hide or show the lock screen slide to unlock bar
    • hide or show the lock screen notifications

Hiding certain lock screen elements from the preferences pane will allow for more room to add more content to the lock screen. AnyLock works just fine for the user that likes having everything on their lock screen so they don’t have to dig into iOS to use their device. While it potentially defeats the purpose of having a lock screen, the tweak makes it easier for people to spend less time on their phones to get things done by providing shortcuts.

Note: In the current version, you need to enable the "Lock Bar" from the preferences pane after enabling the tweak BEFORE you lock your device or else there will be no way to unlock your device without booting into safe mode. A new version has been pushed to the repo and is awaiting review that will make it so the slider is automatically shown on the lock screen by default when the tweak is enabled.

Name: AnyLock
    Price: $1.99
    Version: 1.0
    Requirements: iOS 5
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Gil Ben Moshe
    Editor's Rating:  3/5

Sources: Gil Ben Moshe
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 07-17-2012 at 04:51 PM.

Are the icons themed if the SB icons are themed?
    Have a random themeing/jaku question? Hit me up on twitter to avoid an off topic post. I am glad to help.
    @jimbohurt

Is this to compete with the Android ICS? Should be a regular feature for iOS

Anybody have problems with apps showing up to add them to the lockscreen? All I've got under the apps is Safari, doubletap, up, and down. Running 3GS

Seems interesting.

This might be off topic but can anyone help me I was wondering if there was a way I could change my default music app? I wanna use Track 8 (app store app). Thanks

more clutter ...
    the notification center is already cluttered and now more clutter for the lock screen. there's a reason for having a screen locked.
    pleaseee ... stop the madness!

Don't seem to work for me, shame

Quote Originally Posted by Gonger View Post
    Anybody have problems with apps showing up to add them to the lockscreen? All I've got under the apps is Safari, doubletap, up, and down. Running 3GS
    Yeah same problem for me. Can't even see anything on lockscreen. Just blank

Same, although I do notice when I "swipe" the empty space where the widget should be, it unlocks my phone. Bummer.
    "Thanks" button. Learn it. Use it. Love it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hank197857 View Post
    more clutter ...
    the notification center is already cluttered and now more clutter for the lock screen. there's a reason for having a screen locked.
    pleaseee ... stop the madness!
    nobody is forcing you to dl it

11. The Following User Says Thank You to hoff28 For This Useful Post:

iPhoneMadness (07-18-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by Colly1212 View Post

This sucks, waste of $2. Hopefully we get an update soon.

Quote Originally Posted by hoff28 View Post
    nobody is forcing you to dl it
    true

Quote Originally Posted by Colly1212 View Post

Not working for me either even the latest update; In setup screen via the SB Lock+ icon no apps are listed under the apps section. Just blank. And even when I try a widget when I go to save it I get "lock+ saving failed". Come on GB, you're better than this. Sayin...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    its now working with the new update! and its way smooth and functional!

Green Apple
    Thanks

So with this I am able to launch apps with a passcode enabled? If so, this is something I need. It'd be awesome to quickly lauch simple apps like calculator, maps, alarm etc. for a quick view without having to unlock my phone.

Quote Originally Posted by hoff28 View Post
    its now working with the new update! and its way smooth and functional!
    Yep! version 1.3 is good to go! Been waiting for something to function like the old LockDock Cydget. Thx...

PS Now if we could only figure out a way to add them to custom LS
    Last edited by Lohand; 07-19-2012 at 02:06 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lohand View Post
    Yep! version 1.3 is good to go! Been waiting for something to function like the old LockDock Cydget. Thx...

PS Now if we could only figure out a way to add them to custom LS
    Could you tell me if this launches apps if you have a passcode set? Thanks.

how would this affect notifications? Like if you had a screenful of notifications, would you be able to get to the apps/widgets, or would you have to get rid of the notifications first? I use Ipsum so deleting notifications is easy, but if you don't have something like that, it would be annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by jpeebs View Post
    how would this affect notifications? Like if you had a screenful of notifications, would you be able to get to the apps/widgets, or would you have to get rid of the notifications first? I use Ipsum so deleting notifications is easy, but if you don't have something like that, it would be annoying.
    The tweak comes with a feature for disabling lock screen notifications. But it doesn't do much else to help safe-guard against conflicts with the lock screen notifications.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I guess nobody has the answer? Whoa, such a helpful forum...

Edit: Nevermind. Looks like it was added in an update (1.5.1). Thanks for the help!
    Last edited by PeezaPi; 07-20-2012 at 12:17 AM.