+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T May Restrict or Charge for FaceTime Over Cellular in iOS 6

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
So many stupid limitations every time an update for iOS is available.
    iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

So many stupid limitations every time an update for iOS is available.

iPhone? More like MyPhone NiteStar's Avatar
    Thanks

AT&T got be for the first time this week with the "you're in the top 5% of downloaded". I'm furious. But then who is there left to complain with to them. AT&T has systematically taken care of all grandfathered unlimited users. I live in Charlotte and I find it hard to believe 3GB is the top 5%. My previous 4 months were 1GB avg. I did 3.5 in January without any message. Guess it was only users above 4GB still at that point. lol

"ATT Free Msg: Your data usage has reached 3GB this month. Using more than 3GB in future billing cycles will result in reduced speeds. You can use Wi-Fi to help avoid reduced speeds. Visit www.att.com/datainfo or call 866-344-7584 for more info."

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

The only thing that kept me on ATT all this time was the GSM service. I just retired from the Navy and have no reason to use my Phone over seas at the rate I did before. ATT can go to hell once the new phone is out. I just went off contract with my iPhone 4 in June, they unlocked it and I am free to go where I want now.

iPhone? More like MyPhone zeppy's Avatar
    Thanks

At&t run by the globalist Randall Stephenson is a good company with many good employees who serve many good quality customers.

However, the At&t leadership and management team along with their directors have continued to pursue a perverse filthy, greed-filled, profits at any cost business model. This my friends, over time, will relegate At&t to the ash-bin of history where the company leaders so deservedly belong.
    Last edited by zeppy; 07-17-2012 at 11:21 AM.

Thanks

I think this is preposterous

iPhone? More like MyPhone zeppy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zeppy View Post
    At&t run by the globalist Randall Stephenson is a good company with many good employees who serve many good quality customers.

However, the At&t leadership and management team along with their directors have continued to pursue a perverse filthy, greed-filled, profits at any cost business model. This my friends, over time, will relegate At&t to the ash-bin of history where the company leaders so deservedly belong.
    Death to the business model that is AT&T!

Quote Originally Posted by Senyaichiya View Post
    I am starting to fuffin hate AT&T.
    Being a throttled unlimited data user and now this too? I don't use FaceTime, but these restrictions are getting annoying.
    Hate is a strong word. Considering that you are referring to AT&T, then hate is not strong enough!
    Last edited by zeppy; 07-17-2012 at 11:25 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,642 Times in 687 Posts

Something isn't right about those pics???? The one that has the warning shows 10:03pm and has only 35% and the none warning one has 90% and show time at 10:28pm 2 different phones. Sorry but if it was a noticeable thing? why not just take screen shots from same the phone and very easy to do. Something doesn't seem right here! Im running beta 3 on a ATT 4s iPhone and have facetime enabled and i don't have that warning.

My iPhone is a Part of Me PoEtikly's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm sure there will be a tweak or hack to bypass this s**t. I'm getting closer and closer to making my move to Verizon.

My iPhone is a Part of Me iRevival's Avatar
    Thanks

This is ridiculous. I get throttled every month already, atleast let me FaceTime over 3G before you take my connection from ~9Mbps to ~0.2Mbps (Literally happened the last 3 months in a row). It's not always easy to get to a Wi-Fi hotspot, and my Wi-Fi at home is terrible. Meaning the only time I can use the feature is at my office. Thank god for jailbreaking. AT&T is getting too greedy. I'm really starting to rethink how much I actually surf the web while on a call. Do other carriers support this yet? It is literally the only think AT&T has going for them in terms of keeping me as a customer. I already pay $170 a month for service, and now you want me to upgrade again? I'll stick with 3G Unrestrictor and MyWi. Atleast I only had to pay one time for those and they have been worth every penny.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I forgot that iOS doesn't allow FaceTime over 3G. Jailbreak is the answer. I using FaceTime over 3G for about 2 years.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Doran's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Carvensno View Post
    Something isn't right about those pics???? The one that has the warning shows 10:03pm and has only 35% and the none warning one has 90% and show time at 10:28pm 2 different phones. Sorry but if it was a noticeable thing? why not just take screen shots from same the phone and very easy to do. Something doesn't seem right here! Im running beta 3 on a ATT 4s iPhone and have facetime enabled and i don't have that warning.
    AT&T May Restrict or Charge for FaceTime Over Cellular in iOS 6-photo1.png

It appears it is on more than one site and more than one iPhone. If you guys think that you can just keep using 3g Unrestrictor or My3g to keep using this to bypass AT&T, just remember, we tried that with tethering and that didn't work out so well for a lot of users.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Do these people not understand that trying to make quick money will cost you more long time and consistent profits. Why lose your long term customers for a couple quarterly profit boosts? When you have faithful longtime customers who are going to part their way after they are taken advantage of with these petty data packages that are only going to last so long because not all carriers will want to lose their customers

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by n00neimp0rtant View Post
    Whoa whoa whoa buddy, this article reported nothing but the facts. This alert shows on AT&T devices, not Verizon or Sprint. This was made clear.
    You must be new if you haven't seen the articles about AT&T Being horrible and then they mention that other carriers do the same exact thing

iPhone? More like MyPhone imilad's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't know if this applies to users with unlimited data... Im on ios6 beta 3 and I have had no problems doing FaceTime over 3G

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

we still got Unrestrictor in cydia so its all good

We still got Unrestrictor in Cydia so its all good

iPhone? More like MyPhone Agent929's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mrteacup View Post
    You must be new if you haven't seen the articles about AT&T Being horrible and then they mention that other carriers do the same exact thing
    I don't think there's to may happy AT&T users lol
    War is my mission. Killing is my ambition.

Thanks

Im sure they will have a hack to get around it..oops i mean MOD:] AT&T is a trip tho..they were getting ready to shell out 30 billion for Tmo..now they want to stick it to the consumer for more data charges..RIDICULOUS as usual. Oh well it is a choice after all and i barely use it. Guess im safe for now like a Verizon user haha!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,855 Times in 884 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by imilad View Post
    I don't know if this applies to users with unlimited data... Im on ios6 beta 3 and I have had no problems doing FaceTime over 3G
    same here.. even switched it on and off.. i have a tethering plan.. so im thinking that maybe this only applies to people with 2gb plans?? either way if you ahve a 2gb plan wouldnt you want to be disabled from this? i mean unless you feel like paying extra on your bill.. lmao

ATT is getting on my nerves, but as far as the limitation, verizon does the same stuff, and undergods may not because they, well need to offer something better than the monster competitors..

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Have yet to use Facetime but I've used video chat on other services.
    Charge away, don't care.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default At&t
    This is why I switched to Sprint when the 4S came out. Slower data speeds, buy lower monthly bill and less restrictions. Get about the same coverage in my area also.