Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Begins Seeding iOS 6 Beta 3 to Developers

Default Apple Begins Seeding iOS 6 Beta 3 to Developers

iOS 6 Beta 3 has been seeded to Apple’s developers today – an update that brings stability enhancements and bug fixes to the operating system. In beta, developers are expected by Apple to test out the new features of iOS 6 so that all bugs are worked out and also to test their applications so that they will be prepared for launch on the App Store when iOS 6 is officially released to the public.

The download size varies among devices, but for our iPhone 4 GSM model, the update weighed in at a heavy 323MB and took around 10 minutes to fully download. With 323MB of changes, it is expected that we will see some more of iOS 6’s veiled and unveiled features in the update.

Just like last time, the gears in the Software Update section are animated during the over the air (OTA) updating process in iOS 6.

When more information is uncovered about the update and small details are found pointing to changes in the operating system, we will be sure to keep you updated.

iOS 6 will be released to the public in the Fall as a free update for the iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPod touch 4G, iPad 2, and the new iPad.

Sources: MacRumors

My iPhone is a Part of Me Mr. Russian's Avatar
    Thanks

The iPad 3 was a 393MB download.

One new I found so far was a new tab in settings for Maps.

It also looks like you can't paste anything anymore?
    Last edited by Mr. Russian; 07-16-2012 at 12:49 PM.
    CHECK OUT THIS AWESOME THEME
    Windows Vista
    Follow me on Twitter - Mr_Russ1an

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Russian View Post
    The iPad 3 was a 393MB download.

One new I found so far was a new tab in settings for Maps.

It also looks like you can't paste anything anymore?
    Can you copy it?

My iPhone is a Part of Me Mr. Russian's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mrteacup View Post
    Can you copy it?
    Yes you can also cut it
    CHECK OUT THIS AWESOME THEME
    Windows Vista
    Follow me on Twitter - Mr_Russ1an

VPN ON/OFF switch re added as well!! not sure why they took this out in the first place. app store response time has improved as well.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

not sure if this was in it before but if you look at maps and find the address which is added against your personal contact then click th arrow it shows your details and has a little image of your house in map view.

also it has game centre in your contact...

not sure if this was in previous beta's but i just noticed it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default See...
    iOS 6 added the ability to upload pictures and videos to websites natively in Safari (Facebook.com, imgur.com, etc). In Beta 1 and Beta 2 it would always crash while doing so. In Beta 3 it finally works correctly! YEAY!

Safari image & video uploading in iOS6 - Imgur

It finally works!
    Last edited by Robert A Petersen; 07-16-2012 at 02:50 PM.

hope beta 3 is a bit more stable for me than beta 2.. beta 1 was outstanding for me.. fast, never crahsed, but beta 2 has had its fair share of crash's..

still iOS 6 functions have not made me miss my jailbreak!! only thing i can say i miss is themes, but love the new funcitons of iOS 6 and especially when you have Mountain Lion

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by subywrex View Post
    hope beta 3 is a bit more stable for me than beta 2.. beta 1 was outstanding for me.. fast, never crahsed, but beta 2 has had its fair share of crash's..

still iOS 6 functions have not made me miss my jailbreak!! only thing i can say i miss is themes, but love the new funcitons of iOS 6 and especially when you have Mountain Lion
    iRealSMS/QuickReply is about all i really really miss.

To update to IOS6 Beta 3 without a developer account, simply update to 5.1.1 STOCK then hold shift and hit update, choose IOS6 beta 3. No activation nagging, no developer account - no problem. To go back to 5.1.1 go to restore mode and hit restore.

noticed this in the change logs....
    Devices updated to iOS 6 beta can not be restored to earlier versions of iOS. Registered development devices will be able to upgrade to future beta releases and the final iOS 6 software.
    did not see that before...not cool.
    ok i take that bake, apparently its been there, i just havnt noticed...
    Last edited by LittleJob; 07-16-2012 at 05:22 PM. Reason: my bad

I hope the final beta will allow us to pass over to the release version well. I also hope iOS 6 Beta 3 stops some of the crashes I've been having wit iOS 6 Beta 2.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleJob View Post
    If you saved your SHSH blobs and stitched them with redsn0w, it's very easy and possible to downgrade. Nothing has changed.

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,747 Times in 750 Posts

Put your device into DFU mode and then restore with IOS 5.1.1 you can downgrade if you have loaded in IOS6 on that device.

It's not true. You can downgrade by forcing DFU mode and then option restore.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichwohneinloche View Post
    It's not true. You can downgrade by forcing DFU mode and then option restore.
    not sure why everyone responded to this. i edited the post. looks like new map renderings as well.

Am I the only person with this version and having doubles saved when saving photos from message.app?