+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Possible Next Generation iPhone Bezel Leaked

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Possible Next Generation iPhone Bezel Leaked

Rumors of the next generation iPhone are coming together as images of leaked parts are shared across the Internet and fake iPhone mockups are produced based on those parts. It seems another part has been leaked – the supposed front bezel of the next generation iPhone, which features a centered FaceTime camera in contrast to the iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S’ FaceTime camera which is in a straight line with the front speaker. The color is white in this image, but that's not to say Apple isn't also working on a black model like they have always provided.

In addition to the centered FaceTime camera, the glass of this leaked part indeed looks like it was made to fit a larger screen than that of the iPhone 4S, which is a 3.5 inch retina display. It indicates that we could see that four-inch screen after all, with the same width but a taller appearance. It's also worth indicating that the right and left edges of this bezel are much slimmer around the display's glass than than the edges of the iPhone 4S, which points to a more edge-to-edge-like screen than we have currently.

The back plate of the supposed next generation iPhone was leaked quite a while ago signaling a two-tone plate, smaller dock connector, and more obvious speaker and microphone grilles. The interesting change is that it features a partly matte and partly glossy appearance, which seems contrary to the consistency that Apple would put in a product. When all the parts that have been discovered are put together, it is expected that the next generation iPhone could look something like this.

This find only confirms some of the rumors made about the next generation iPhone, however it is still herein just a rumor. We won’t know for sure what the next generation iPhone looks like until it is finally announced at Apple’s keynote. The next generation iPhone is expected to be launched some time this Fall.

Sources: 9to5Mac

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I feel like I've seen this before multiple times

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Please no two-tone back

iPhone? More like MyPhone evolution83's Avatar
    Thanks

Apart from iOS 6 not having an overhaul of the UI / color scheme and tons of new features added (and not just enhancements), if the only noticeable difference that the next iPhone has is being taller with a 4" screen, I would hardly call it "next generation".

I was really hoping iOS 6 and the new iPhone would be completely awesome, but it looks as if no real thought was put into this release.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by evolution83 View Post
    Apart from iOS 6 not having an overhaul of the UI / color scheme and tons of new features added (and not just enhancements), if the only noticeable difference that the next iPhone has is being taller with a 4" screen, I would hardly call it "next generation".

I was really hoping iOS 6 and the new iPhone would be completely awesome, but it looks as if no real thought was put into this release.
    Who said that was all?!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Why always the iPhone rumors why not iPod Touch 5G rumors?

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by evolution83 View Post

LMAO you seem so surprised! It's obvious that Crapple's goal with the iPhone 5 is to have a SpringBoard that will now have an extra row of icons. Clearly they have just run outa ideas as the only "NEW FEATURES" they know how to provide now a days are "SIZE CHANGES"

Green Apple
    Thanks

iPhone 4S2 yawn

Thanks
    Thanked 1,250 Times in 186 Posts

Starting to look more and more like the crappily made iphone frames people use for mockups.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MoronPolice View Post
    LMAO you seem so surprised! It's obvious that Crapple's goal with the iPhone 5 is to have a SpringBoard that will now have an extra row of icons. Clearly they have just run outa ideas as the only "NEW FEATURES" they know how to provide now a days are "SIZE CHANGES"
    Dude, every post you post is always talking so negative about apple. Let's see you keep calling apple " crapple " in every post. What I don't understand and I hope you convince me that you hate apple so much is " why the hell are you in an apple forum " admit it you're into apple and possibly waiting for the next generation iPhone obviously since you're looking at this forum. Get out of this forum if you hate apple so much !??? There's other forums out there that are not into apple called android forums ?? I assume you have an android and a PC since you supposedly hate apple so much to call it crapple.
    Last edited by toytbo88; 07-16-2012 at 03:44 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Airwaves182's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chewy1283x View Post
    Why always the iPhone rumors why not iPod Touch 5G rumors?
    Cuz real men have iPhones & iPads duhh. ;p

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

This was awesome back in 2010,

no effort

Livin the iPhone Life Silverado1987's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,328 Times in 722 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hogs4Life View Post
    iPhone 4S2 yawn
    Was gonna say the same thing

An iPhone 4S2

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Why is everyone acting like the front plate is the final release of the phone?

Thanks

I have a feeling iOS 6 is going to be awesome! Apple only leaks what it wants us to salivate over. You really think these are mock ups?? More than likely not. I remember when the iPhone 4 was "leaked" a lot of blogs advised that they didn't like it, they hoped this was not the finished product blah blah blah..well it was the finished product and we all loved it. The same will be true for this phone. No one sees your phone if you have a case on it anyway. Not to mention you can always buy a kit to change the color of your current phone..many options. Not eveything Apple is offering in iOS 6 is in the beta versions that i have tested, as they always leave things out until the final. Just watch, wait and see..i think we will all be wowed in the end.

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,608 Times in 667 Posts

Nothing is ever final until you see Apple announce it on the stage.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

All I know is this damn new device better have a 4" screen, 2gb ram (not weak 1gb), A6 dual core processor and give us at least a real 1.5ghz of power, don't tap us out with a sick A6 chip and only gives us 1ghz of speed, obviously needs to have 4g LTE chip, bluetooth 4.0 or above, 2mpg HD front camera, 8-10mpg HD rear camera with flash, etc...

If the new iphone lacks ANY of the above then i see it will be a fail but of course people will still buy the hell out of just because "It's the new iPhone." Will be a said day when this new iphone comes out 4-5 months after the Samsung Galaxy 3 and lacks half of the internal power the Galaxy packs! I'm no fanboy of either party, just stating the obvious facts here. Apple has always been one to lack on hardware, always been a software company period.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

That's looks more awkward than a turtle riding a bike.

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by toytbo88 View Post
    Dude, every post you post is always talking so negative about apple. Let's see you keep calling apple " crapple " in every post. What I don't understand and I hope you convince me that you hate apple so much is " why the hell are you in an apple forum " admit it you're into apple and possibly waiting for the next generation iPhone obviously since you're looking at this forum. Get out of this forum if you hate apple so much !??? There's other forums out there that are not into apple called android forums ?? I assume you have an android and a PC since you supposedly hate apple so much to call it crapple.
    So you see a pattern too?

Quote Originally Posted by wukillabee View Post
    All I know is this damn new device better have a 4" screen, 2gb ram (not weak 1gb), A6 dual core processor and give us at least a real 1.5ghz of power, don't tap us out with a sick A6 chip and only gives us 1ghz of speed, obviously needs to have 4g LTE chip, bluetooth 4.0 or above, 2mpg HD front camera, 8-10mpg HD rear camera with flash, etc...

If the new iphone lacks ANY of the above then i see it will be a fail but of course people will still buy the hell out of just because "It's the new iPhone." Will be a said day when this new iphone comes out 4-5 months after the Samsung Galaxy 3 and lacks half of the internal power the Galaxy packs! I'm no fanboy of either party, just stating the obvious facts here. Apple has always been one to lack on hardware, always been a software company period.
    Judging that iOS 6 runs on the iPod touch with less than 256MB, and the new iPad (the big, huge retina display iPad) only has 1GB, I think requesting 2GB of RAM is far-fetched and I don't see it happening. Also, what's a mile per gallon camera; do you mean megapixel? Why would you settle for 8 megapixels when the iPhone 4S is 8 megapixels?
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 07-16-2012 at 10:53 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

@ wukillabee:It's a fail to you. Not to other people that want to use the phone for more than a few hours. Face it, the phone is not designed for _you_. Design one yourself and then see what you can do.