+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Trying to Enforce Samsung Product Ban

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    Thanks

Default Apple Trying to Enforce Samsung Product Ban

Apple has recently reached out to carriers and resellers of Samsung’s Galaxy Tab 10.1 and Galaxy Nexus, demanding that they stop selling the banned products. The actions taken by the Cupertino California company were revealed in a court filing made by Samsung just last week. The enforcement of the ban involved letters “to many carriers and retail companies that currently sell” the banner Samsung products.

The companies were told to “immediately” remove the Galaxy Tab 10.1 in letters that went out on June 28. Similar letters related to the Galaxy Nexus smartphone weren’t sent out on July 3. Samsung argued that “Apple’s menacing letters greatly overreach, incorrectly claiming that third-party retailers are subject to the prohibitions of the preliminary injunction, which clearly they are not.” The Korean electronics maker is under the impression that retailers “are permitted to sell their existing inventory, even without a stay.”

Florian Mueller of FOSS Patents mentioned in his analysis that Apple’s approach is “aggressive” but that Apple’s understanding of the injunction against Samsung’s products is “not baseless.” Apple’s enforcement of court-ordered injunctions against Samsung’s products comes as the two continue their legal showdown when their patent infringement trial kicks off on July 30. Both companies have accused one another of infringing upon their intellectual property with products like smartphones and tablets. In late June, Apple won temporary U.S. injunctions against Samsung’s Galaxy Tab 10.1 tablet and the Galaxy Nexus. Samsung did end up winning a stay on the injunction against the Galaxy Nexus earlier this month.

Source: FOSS Patents

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Actually Apple do not have the right to do this.
    Because according to the judgement on the injunction Apple must post bond first, then they can ask the authorities to enforce the judgement. They can send out letters showing the injunction is in place, and retailers should not sell their stock of said items and to return the product to get their money back from their suppliers. They have no right to tell companies to immediately remove said item.

Now the retailers can say they will continue to sell product until they are able to confirm Apple's claim, which can take a while before getting official word from government and by then they have sold their stock.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Apple is really beginning to annoy me by now... before all (fanatic) fan-boys jump on me let me say NO you are not right. Just cause this tablet resembles apple iPad it is not an iPad! Just because Hunday resembles BMW its not an BMW, period.

Totally agree with post #2... in fact these retailers should sue back with some lame ars (apple like) reason for premature action or something.
    Hit the thanks button if I helped in any way

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Samsuck! About time they innovated instead of copying Apple exactly. Which is why I only buy Japanese and Apple electronics.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MetallicaFan1991 View Post
    Samsuck! About time they innovated instead of copying Apple exactly. Which is why I only buy Japanese and Apple electronics.
    uhhh Apple copies other people's stuff.
    Jobs said so in an interview, also there is a lot of lawsuits filed against Apple for copyright infringement.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Airwaves182's Avatar
    Thanks

1991? So ur like 21? And you're still writing comments like that? Grow up. & Apple can grow up too!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Slim J's Avatar
    Thanks

Apple is really giving themselves a bad image

My iPhone is a Part of Me PokemonDesigner's Avatar
    Thanks

Apple shouldn't be able to enforce this whatsoever. Not to mention how many "banned products" still get into the us (or states in the us) because of things like eBay or smugglers.

My iPhone is a Part of Me GrandMstrBud's Avatar
    Thanks

So glad I don't have any apple products. Okay I have the apple TV but now that I have a Nexus Q I can take a baseball bat to the apple TV and post it on youtube or something. Oh yeah loving my Samsung 10.1 4G tablet and Galaxy Nexus.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Wow. Bold red font. My eyes...

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Hey Apple, get your *** over to Iran and get your products out of that country. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GrandMstrBud View Post
    So glad I don't have any apple products. Okay I have the apple TV but now that I have a Nexus Q I can take a baseball bat to the apple TV and post it on youtube or something. Oh yeah loving my Samsung 10.1 4G tablet and Galaxy Nexus.
    Now the galaxy nexus and Samsung 10.1 are definitely good,but the Nexus Q? Really? Be real....
    Username is 3GS, but theres stuff past that:

iPhone 4
    iPad
    Macbook Pro

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GrandMstrBud View Post
    Then why the h*ll are u on this site? To troll? SMH at this.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    Then why the h*ll are u on this site? To troll? SMH at this.
    They come here to annoy you. Or maybe because some people are open-minded about all platforms? That's why I come here. I mainly use my android phone, although I'm typing this on my iPhone 4.

Regardless of my platform choice, this move reeks of desperation on Apples part. Make a better product and use that to make your sales. I'm sure you're happy your banned products are selling in Iran though.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bish0p34 View Post
    They come here to annoy you. Or maybe because some people are open-minded about all platforms? That's why I come here. I mainly use my android phone, although I'm typing this on my iPhone 4.

Regardless of my platform choice, this move reeks of desperation on Apples part. Make a better product and use that to make your sales. I'm sure you're happy your banned products are selling in Iran though.
    I understand the open mindedness part but this guy/girl is very narrow minded.

He should be banned lol.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Of course apple can do it... they can have the police enter a house because they suspect their prototype is in it.

If I was a store and got one of these letters from apple I would tell them to shove it as long as no laws are being broken.

iPhone? More like MyPhone rukavuda's Avatar
    Thanks

Get over yourself apple
    Your not the only tech giant in the world.
    As much as I love apple products, part of me hopes someone makes something that beats anything apple has ever made, just to shut them up for a few months.
    http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/9020/gagaxq.jpg

Thanks

To be Honest..I don't really care. I like Apple Products. Does that make me a Fanboy? nope. I also like Honda...does that mean i hate American Cars?..lol..idiot No...just means to me that Honda makes a better Car. Who cares if Apple does it. Question is..are you going to be a follower or tread a different path. As i said b4 i like Apple Products, but i've owned just about ever Mobile Platform on the planet save WebOS..which happened to Die out. Apple & Samsung are STILL the Big Boys...So quite the bickering and buy what YOU want..geez..all this I hate APPLE because of this...or I hate Samsung because of this..makes me wonder if ANY of you have above kindergarden mentality when it comes to this.
    Last edited by AKCHRIS; 07-14-2012 at 04:29 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AKCHRIS View Post
    To be Honest..I don't really care.....quite the bickering and buy what YOU want..geez..
    Then you should care because Apple is trying to make it so that you can't buy what you want. That's the entire point. And you can't talk about "kindergarden" mentality spelling the way you do.
    Last edited by brodimus; 07-14-2012 at 06:14 AM.

Thanks

Can you name me a single thing that Apple has innovated?