+ Reply
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Russian Hacker Figures Out Way to Obtain In-App Purchases for Free

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Here at mmi we do not condone piracy but here let me write an article promoting it and showing you the way. Wtf. Can't be against something and promote it
    Thanks

Here at mmi we do not condone piracy but here let me write an article promoting it and showing you the way. Wtf. Can't be against something and promote it at the same time by making it news.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default this isnt silly
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
    This is a hack site..you promote everything else yet pick and choose what hacks we SHOULD and SHOULD not implement. Heres some matches kid..oh by the way don't set a fire while I leave you alone to play with the matches. SILLY!!
    this website talks about tweaks available within Cydia, as well as developing stories on anything apple. however, they have never condoned piracy. jailbreaking is now legal, nor does it steal anybodies personal info, or discredit any work a dev has done on an app...SILLY!!

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by armypunk2003 View Post
    Here at mmi we do not condone piracy but here let me write an article promoting it and showing you the way. Wtf. Can't be against something and promote it at the same time by making it news.
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    This is a modding site. It is for people that want to mod their device and install things to make their device their own without the limitations Apple puts on their OS. It is not a theft site. Their is a big difference between hacking something to make it the way you like it and hacking something to steal things.

It is a legimitate story and is on pretty much every idevice site there is today, regardless of their stance on the subject. We are not telling people how to do it or that they should do it. It is just something that is obviously news worthy. When you watch the news on TV and they have news stories about people being murdered does it mean they are telling people to go do the same?
    Just because they wrote it as a news article doesn't mean it's piracy. It's not like they told you how to do it. Read Simon's post, it has a very good point.
    Great minds discuss ideas.
    Average minds discuss events.
    Small minds discuss people.

Thanks

The point I'm trying to make is that if I would've mentioned this in a thread they would have deleted my post and suspended my account for talking about piracy but it's ok for them to do it. And this is not a mod it's theft. Your stealing from the developer. If you can't afford a .99 cent in app purchase then you shouldn't own a smartphone.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,160 Times in 6,963 Posts

The point I'm trying to make is that if I would've mentioned this in a thread they would have deleted my post and suspended my account for talking about piracy but it's ok for them to do it. And this is not a mod it's theft. Your stealing from the developer. If you can't afford a .99 cent in app purchase then you shouldn't own a smartphone.
    We would only delete/close the thread if you were asking for help on how to do it or fix something related to piracy. We wouldn't close the thread if you were advising people in a news form about something like this. Discussing piracy and actually performing piracy are two separate things.

Thanks

News is different from support, otherwise this thread would be gone. They don't suspend accounts for piracy, ever. Worst thing you'll normally get is an infraction.

And the last part, that's how the world seems to operate. It's just messed up.... A good portion of people jailbreak just so they can get free stuff, it's not right.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Although some of the in-App purchases go up to ridiculous $$$ most range .99-2.99... at this rate only a "freeloader" would go and put their personal info at risk by performing this hack/mod...

As far as the thread goes - its really more informative than anything else.
    Hit the thanks button if I helped in any way

Thanks

It is still promoting it no matter how you look at it or else they wouldn't have even put that line in there... So in turn mmi just gave a **** load of kids the resources needed to go steal hard earned money from the devs that make great stuff for our devices.

Thanks

It is still promoting it no matter how you look at it or else they wouldn't have even put that line in there... So in turn mmi just gave a **** load of kids the resources needed to go steal hard earned money from the devs that make great stuff for our devices.
    This is news, MMi did not give anyone any resources to do this and if MMi didn't exist there are tons of other places to see this exact same story:

iClarified - Apple News - Apple's In-App Purchases Get Hacked [Video]
    Apple’s in-app purchasing process circumvented by Russian hacker | 9to5Mac | Apple Intelligence
    Hacker Releases Tools for Bypassing Apple's In App Purchase Mechanism - Mac Rumors
    Apple iOS in-app purchases hacked; everything is free (video) | ZDNet
    Apple iOS in-app purchases hacked - Forbes
    iOS in-app purchase hack nabs free content on non-jailbroken devices
    Hacker Cracks Apple’s In-App Purchasing System

You must not like to watch/read any kinds of news. It's a fact of life that people find bad things more newsworthy than good. Does not mean they condone it or are telling people to go do it, and are especially not showing them how to do it. See my earlier point, reporting someone committing a crime is not the same thing as promoting it.

Thanks

Ok it's news (a resource) so the 100's of people that didn't know now know so y'all are still going against what you say you stand for and promoting it. Whether it's on another site or not. You people have an ability to put end to the piracy that plagues the icommunity but then you inform people with news that makes them go look for the methods to make it happen.

Thanks

Ok it's news (a resource) so the 100's of people that didn't know now know so y'all are still going against what you say you stand for and promoting it. Whether it's on another site or not. You people have an ability to put end to the piracy that plagues the icommunity but then you inform people with news that makes them go look for the methods to make it happen.
    We obviously have two very different definitions of the word promotion.

Thanks

Obviously... Lol

Thanks

Obviously... Lol
    All this discussion and you haven't had your account suspended either. The mod gods must be looking after you today lol jk

Thanks

I have a sudden urge to google and try this...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mmaboi21 View Post
    I have a sudden urge to google and try this...
    lol, funny guy

Thanks

Which brings me to my next point... Just because something is before you doesn't mean you make wrong decisions based on what you see. It also eliminates the responsibility to whatever is before you and puts it right in your lap. Responsibility is yours... Do what you want with it but don't put the blame on something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    lol, funny guy
    Lol I was trolling

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by H4CK3R View Post
    Anything can be hacked. If you don't believe that, then you don't know what hacking is.
    And you dont get the joke!!! I was refering to what the apple fanbois might say when they see this article..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Glocknine View Post
    And you dont get the joke!!! I was refering to what the apple fanbois might say when they see this article..
    It wasn't much of a noticeable joke lmao

Thanks
    Thanked 1,973 Times in 905 Posts

I have to admit...
    I was surprised to see this on MMI.

If one of us regular users wrote about it the exact same way, I'm fairly certain it would've been removed w/ a stern warning.

I don't care, either way...just surprised.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

i'd love to put my two cents in, but you guys have said it all. btw, an improvised explosive device is an ied. 3 cents.