Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to Watch the 2012 Summer Olympics Live On Your iOS Device

Thanks

Default How to Watch the 2012 Summer Olympics Live On Your iOS Device

NBC recently announced that it will be streaming all 302 medal events from the 2012 Summer Olympics in London to U.S. viewers via an iPhone and iPad app. The events will be streamed real time for everyone to watch, with a planned 3,500 hours of event coverage being streamed to both desktop and mobile viewers. That makes this yearís Olympics coverage the most internet-friendly in history.

The one catch to the whole ordeal is that viewers will need to verify in-app that they are subscribed users to cable/satellite providers that includes CNBC and MSNBC. NBC said the following regarding this matter on their website:

When attempting to access a live stream or full replay, you will be prompted to select your cable, satellite or telco TV provider (e.g. Comcast, Time Warner, DirecTV, AT&T) from a list. You then will be asked to verify your TV subscription ó this often means only entering the username/password corresponding to the online account you established with your provider.
    Previously, the live event streams were delayed for viewers on the web or in mobile apps. The instant live streaming options seem to be a huge step in the right direction. Itís still unfortunate that cord-cutters are omitted from live feeds.

NBC Olympics Live Extra (iTunes Download Link)

Two apps are being released to help with the Olympics. The first app is NBC Olympics Live Extra, the main app to watch the live events on the iPhone or iPad with. The second app is called NBC Olympics, and offers features for tracking Olympic activity. Both of these apps seem to be powered by Adobe, and the NBC Olympics app is even set to feature short-form highlights, schedules, live results, columns, athlete profiles, and the new Primetime Companion feature. According to NBC, the NBC Olympics app should be considered as a companion app which complements NBC Olympics Live Extra.

The 2012 Olympics Opening Ceremony kicks off Friday, July 27th for those of you who are interested in watching.

Source: App Store (1) (2), NBC

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Is this only going to be available to American citizens?

The NBC Olympics video will only be accessible in the USA and our territories.

i predict that cable will become obsolete. streaming is the wave of the present. the creators of hulu are visionaries. unfortunately, their vision is limited by the scope of their providers. providers like nbc, hbo, espn and the like can make a quantum leap in this field of entertainment by simply bypassing cable altogether, streaming content directly to viewers. why pay for cable and still be stuck with commercials? i haven't owned a tv in years. when my last tv died, i've relied solely upon the internet for programming. ... and i don't even live in the u.s. the only show that jacked me was "person of interest." they pulled their full-lengthened episodes from the net, clips only. what's up with that? ... but i digress.

Bro...I LOVE Person of Interest! I just watched a repeat. But it was a great episode :-)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

As I understand it, this service still requires that you have TV service at home with a participating provider. You must to log-in through a system that verifies your TV packages include CNBC and MSNBC.

The back-end of this system is "Watch TV Everywhere," which requires you to select your provider and provide a billing account number.

Here's a screenshot of the portal with my provider's customization:
    http://nulinkdigital.com/wtehowto/08.png (removed hot-linked picture because it's too big)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

The article links two apps. Only the second one allows live streaming ("Live Extra"). The first app just has clips, highlights, and info.

..super glad try had this guide for me..

Good article but why name it "how to" why not "NBC releases Olympics 2012 application"

Bc that would be to easy

This makes me so happy... especially since i dont have tv

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default While i like the idea...
    Quote Originally Posted by hank197857 View Post
    i predict that cable will become obsolete. streaming is the wave of the present. the creators of hulu are visionaries. unfortunately, their vision is limited by the scope of their providers. providers like nbc, hbo, espn and the like can make a quantum leap in this field of entertainment by simply bypassing cable altogether, streaming content directly to viewers. why pay for cable and still be stuck with commercials? i haven't owned a tv in years. when my last tv died, i've relied solely upon the internet for programming. ... and i don't even live in the u.s. the only show that jacked me was "person of interest." they pulled their full-lengthened episodes from the net, clips only. what's up with that? ... but i digress.
    ...of commercial free tv and streaming to all devices, you are asking the networks to give up a large revenue stream. U.S. television advertisement in Q1 of 2011 reached just over $18 billion according to neilsen.com. I hate commercials, but i cannot imagine what my subscription fee would be if we did not have them. I do love where your heads at though.