+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: If You Need An iPhone Case That Can Stun Someone, Check This Out

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,042 Times in 764 Posts

Default If You Need An iPhone Case That Can Stun Someone, Check This Out

How often do you need to stun people with an iPhone case? Probably never. But the concept of creating a smartphone case that can double as a stun gun is pretty cool; dangerous, but cool. Introducing the Yellow Jacket stun gun case. The iPhone case can stream electricity from two electrodes at the top of the case. How much? 650,000 volts, to be exact.

A case like this should obviously never be in the reach of children; irresponsible adults included. The electrical current emitted from the case is powerful enough to take down almost anyone temporarily, but it can also cause serious physical harm to a person. The case is great for self defense purposes, but were not going to just start recommending the case to everyone since it can also be used both incorrectly and illegally.

The Yellow Jacket stun gun case comes with two safety features, including an electrode guard and a safety switch. Additionally, when the stun gun is not being used, the case doubles as an external battery that can charge your iPhone to keep it alive for up to 20 hours longer than the standard battery that is built into the iPhone allows. The case is definitely bulky and unpractical to have in your pocket, but the idea behind it protecting not only the iPhone, but the user as well is a good thought to consider for the obvious drawbacks.

The case was designed because the designer was a victim of a home robbery and had no means of protecting himself since all of his self-defense mechanisms were out of reach while a gun was pointed at him. The case will bring a self defense mechanism together with a device that you carry almost all the time. Its pretty neat too. It costs $85 and works with the iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S.

Sources: RedFerret via Cult of Mac

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

oh im so getting this now.....

Thanks
    Thanked 2,624 Times in 1,027 Posts

This is a joke right? You wanna know where my cell phone is 90% of the time? In my pocket, a little to far away to grab for as someone is jumping me, and girls? They keep their phone in their purse... Right next to the so called "useless" pepper-spray. This case will be used more for attacking than defedning

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

The website doesn't have much information about the thing (unless it's in the little area that requires flash which I cannot see because neither our computers at work have it installed). I'd most be interested in what sorts of safety mechanisms are built into this in terms of accidental discharge. Also, the phone clearly isn't dockable with this case. What about charging? Is this an extended battery as well (reminds me of the mophie juicepack). Definitely a cool idea regardless, as a would-be attacker isn't going to expect to be dropped by an iPhone.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Them3this View Post
    This case will be used more for attacking than defedning
    so true..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Them3this View Post
    This is a joke right? You wanna know where my cell phone is 90% of the time? In my pocket, a little to far away to grab for as someone is jumping me, and girls? They keep their phone in their purse... Right next to the so called "useless" pepper-spray. This case will be used more for attacking than defedning
    Sadly, you may be right that it could be used more for evil than good – a completely valid point of view. I hope the company selling this product is making everyone sign something that binds them with legal responsibilities.

But in terms of accessibility, you'd have to think that your pocket almost as accessible as a holster that a cop has to use. Cops use their stun guns quite frequently without problems.

Even if you're not the victim being attacked, you would have an advantage if you were helping someone else who was getting attacked in both timing and accessibility.

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    The website doesn't have much information about the thing (unless it's in the little area that requires flash which I cannot see because neither our computers at work have it installed). I'd most be interested in what sorts of safety mechanisms are built into this in terms of accidental discharge. Also, the phone clearly isn't dockable with this case. What about charging? Is this an extended battery as well (reminds me of the mophie juicepack). Definitely a cool idea regardless, as a would-be attacker isn't going to expect to be dropped by an iPhone.
    The case comes only with a safety switch and an electrode cover as means of safety precautions.
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 07-12-2012 at 03:23 PM.

Thanks

I would just love to put this in my pocket just mere inches from my testicles.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AUZambo View Post
    I would just love to put this in my pocket just mere inches from my testicles.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

It's too big and thick for a case. And Them3this is right, my phone is in my purse when I'm walking around. When I get a call, I'm fumbling around my purse for my phone, I wouldn't even be trying to fumble for my phone in a dangerous situation. I'd be running. I have pepper spray on my keychain for easy access, since my keys are on a lanyard and I can just yank them right out of my purse. A more practical option is to have a stun gun that packs enough power that can be a on a keychain.

My iPhone is a Part of Me iRevival's Avatar
    Thanks

Pretty cool. I could definitely see this as being useful to some people, but I agree with Anthony that it should probably be kept away from those less than responsible adults lol.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,676 Times in 5,939 Posts

For me, this works, bulky and not really pretty but effective. I always have my phone in my hand, especially when I am walking by myself (911 emergency ready to be dialed). I do carry pepper spray, but again, it's in my purse...
    Gonna give this a go.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

That video was pretty boring and they tried too hard.

This would be asking for trouble with me. I'd shock my butt or hand and be out for a while.

I didn't really listen does it suck up charge from your phone?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Senyaichiya View Post
    That video was pretty boring and they tried too hard.

This would be asking for trouble with me. I'd shock my butt or hand and be out for a while.

I didn't really listen does it suck up charge from your phone?
    No, it has its own external battery for the stun gun that also doubles as an external iPhone battery case.

Banned
    Thanks

The iPhone doesn't appear to be held in very securely. I can see it easily falling out while you are in a fight with someone trying to stun them. And I don't know about anyone else, but I won't be putting my $600+ phone ANYWHERE near 650,000 volts. If you're so worried about personal security that you need to have something like this, carrying around a small stun gun, like the Streetwise Small Fry SF7500RB, is far more practical and costs less than $30 on Amazon - Amazon.com: Streetwise Small Fry Blackout 7500000 Stun Gun Rechargeable SF7500RB: Sports & Outdoors.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Stupid intro, a gun with a gun pointed at you and you thought about using a stun gun?
    Have you heard of involuntary movement from being shocked?
    I would consider it suicide instead of homicide, the guy had no intention to kill but you literally forced him to kill you with that stun gun.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I can see it in my head:
    Gling Gling
    "Hey mom" bzzzzzzzzzz

Green Apple
    Thanks
    the only cool thing about this is that it charges your phone for 20hours. but the stungun is just too much. why not just cary a regular stun gun or some pepper spray? they should make a case with a built-in battery. i think hitting someone with the case causes more damage. that **** is huge

Livin the iPhone Life Silverado1987's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,334 Times in 728 Posts

I sure hope out of panic I don't grab it in my pocket and stun my balls lol

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i think the video is racist too, look at the characters !!!!!! thumps down

Green Apple
    Thanks
    wonder if when in use, does the shock current affect the phone? any possibility it could short out the iPhone?