Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'NotesEnhancer' Gives You Text Effects In the Notes Application

Default 'NotesEnhancer' Gives You Text Effects In the Notes Application

One can only use the limited applications that Apple provides stock for so long before starting to peruse the App Store for better alternatives that include new features, which are vital for the application to work elegantly. Or, if youíre a jailbreaker, you can simply go to Cydia and find what youíre looking for. A new jailbreak tweak will add text-formatting effects to the stock Notes application on all iOS devices for just a dollar. The tweak is called NotesEnhancer by iOS developer Smartviper E75 and can be found on Cydia's BigBoss repository.

As shown above, the tweak adds a top bar to the keyboard of the Notes application so that you can edit any text that you type as you write it. The top bar does add more limitations to your view of the Notes canvas, however itís a tradeoff you have to accept to have the extra editing features included in the keyboard. The tweak also integrates a previous jailbreak tweak called NotesTab, which we reviewed earlier in the month, by including the tab key in the top row of the keyboard.

All in all, the tweak allows you to do any of the following functions right from the keyboard:
    • Tab space
    • Start a new line with the Enter key (return already does this)
    • Copy text
    • Paste text
    • Change the font of your text
    • Change the color of your text
    • Change the size of your text

For the iPhone and iPod touch, it is highly recommended that you use the tweak in landscape mode since you cannot see all of the buttons in portrait mode and you cannot scroll side to side to view them. All the buttons will fit in landscape mode until the developer comes out with a fix to this in the next update. For iPad users, you can use the tweak in any orientation that you like and feel comfortable using it. Since many iPhone and iPod touch users like typing in landscape mode, this shouldn't be too much of a problem for the time being, but it does need to be addressed.

NotesEnhancer has no options to configure and the text effects bar does not appear in any application other than the Notes application. It will appear there as soon as you install it and the only way to disable it is to uninstall it. Making text effects in the Notes application isnít s must-have, but itís a cool thing to have if you like customizing things.

Name: NotesEnhancer
    Price: $1.00
    Version: 1.0-26
    Requirements: iOS 5
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Smartviper E75
    Editor's Rating: / 3.5/5

Sources: Smartviper E75

i'm still waiting to change the color of my text in sms, but i still might hop on this. i just hope the app won't conflict with the other tweaks i have for notes. somebody else go first. let me know.

Works great! Thanks

Useless who needs this kinda stuff, I know notepad is awesome but that is just another tweak that make you iDevice more buggy. Idk maybe it doesn't but I try to only get useful and needed stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by hank197857 View Post
    i'm still waiting to change the color of my text in sms, but i still might hop on this. i just hope the app won't conflict with the other tweaks i have for notes. somebody else go first. let me know.
    Yea that is the same thing I am worried about

Mine doesn't work. I removed and re-installed again but except TAB i don't see anything else on the top of the keyboard(in landscape mode).
    Another buck lost!

i wish there's a way to put stickers... :P

Quote Originally Posted by AGIAMIU View Post
    Mine doesn't work. I removed and re-installed again but except TAB i don't see anything else on the top of the keyboard(in landscape mode).
    Another buck lost!
    You should do something against that! Mail the Developer, get your Money back.

You can't change format of just "some" text.. You have to modify all of it. ie.. If you wanna highlight certain words in a different color you can't.. Every character is affected by whatever mod you make.. Also if you want to use the "Tab" key to edit text it will automatically place the cursor at the end of the page, making you scroll back to where you were working every time you press it.. Another wasted dollar..