+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Reset Your Game Center Achievements With 'Underachiever'

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,038 Times in 760 Posts

Default Reset Your Game Center Achievements With 'Underachiever'

If you love playing games on iOS so much that you beat the games quickly and then end up getting bored with them, then you should take a look at a new jailbreak tweak called Underachiever by iOS developer Ingmar Stein. With it, you can reset your in-game achievement progress so that you can try earning all of the achievements all over again instead of playing a pointless game where you’ve already earned all the achievements.

The tweak comes in with quite a practical background, although it only resets your achievements and not your rankings. This means you get to keep your place in the world, while still being able to play those relatively short iOS games over and over, with getting the satisfaction of earning the achievements over and over rather than earning nothing the next few times around.

Using the tweak is simple. All you need to do is install the tweak from Cydia and then visit your Settings application where you will find a preferences pane for enabling and disabling individual applications. The preferences pane will show you every application on your iOS device, however you only need to enable the applications that are the games you want to reset the achievement progress of. The preferences pane is shown below:

It is important to note that once you have reset your game achievements, there is no way to get them back without earning them again through the game. This means that if you aren’t so sure that you’ll ever be able to get a game achievement back because of how hard it was to get it in the first place, then you probably shouldn’t use Underachiever. Even disabling the application again from the Settings application's preferences pane will not bring your achievements back to Game Center.

If you are fearless, then here are the steps to resetting your Game Center achievements for a game:
    1. Install Underachiever
    2. Visit the preferences pane and enable the games you want to reset achievements for
    3. Close out of all the games you enabled from the preferences pane through the App Switcher if open
    4. Re-launch the games to let them reconnect with Game Center
    5. Check Game Center – your achievements for the games you chose will be reset

Not all games for iOS have achievements – some are merely ranking-based only and underachiever will not work with these games. Underachiever does not work with OpenFeint games as it was intended for Game Center on iOS 5 devices. If you want to reset your achievement progress, Underachiever will do this seamlessly for you.

Name: Underachiever
    Price: 99˘
    Version: 1.0.6-1
    Requirements: iOS 5, achievement-based game
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Ingmar Stein
    Editor's Rating:  4/5

Sources: Ingmar Stein
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 07-11-2012 at 03:14 PM.

Thanks

I don't think I've ever got any achievements to reset....
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    I don't think I've ever got any achievements to reset....
    Lol

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Thanks

I loved the prequel to this tweak, OverAchiever. My GameCenter score is so jacked up now
    Great minds discuss ideas.
    Average minds discuss events.
    Small minds discuss people.

iPhone? More like MyPhone evolution83's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by H4CK3R View Post
    I loved the prequel to this tweak, OverAchiever. My GameCenter score is so jacked up now
    Overachiever? i wonder if that's how some people are claiming 2M+ scores in Bejeweled Classic. no ****** way that's possible...

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,038 Times in 760 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by evolution83 View Post
    Overachiever? i wonder if that's how some people are claiming 2M+ scores in Bejeweled Classic. no ****** way that's possible...
    That wouldn't be it. Overachiever can only unlock all achievements. It cannot up your rank or scores.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by evolution83 View Post
    Just because they have a high score doesn't mean that it wasn't legit. Some people are good at games, you have to respect that.

iPhone? More like MyPhone evolution83's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by H4CK3R View Post
    Just because they have a high score doesn't mean that it wasn't legit. Some people are good at games, you have to respect that.
    I do, as I'm quite talented in Bejeweled Blitz myself. (check out my last replay - http://is.gd/WARpfY)

For Classic Bejeweled, it's pretty damn difficult to get a 2M+ game without losing to no moves available.
    Last edited by evolution83; 07-12-2012 at 01:54 AM.

Thanks

You gotta be insanely good (or just plain lucky) to get that. There are certain scores that we all know people hack for. Doodle Jump is a good one. 20M+? You freaking serious? *** all the way. But I wouldn't say it's impossible for bejeweled, but it would be pretty hard...

iPhone? More like MyPhone soidroidios's Avatar
    Thanks

This will be a great way to get back to legit gaming after wrecking the game with cheats. ^_^
    I was never good with achievements, and my friends know it. So they don't believe my modified ratings anymore. lol

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

It's not working on Doodle Jump

Thanks
    i dont want to lose my hard-earned achievements... :'(