Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Analyst Says T-Mobile May Finally Get iPhone in 2013

Thanks

Default Analyst Says T-Mobile May Finally Get iPhone in 2013

According to Bloomberg, In a note to his investors Sanford C. Bernstein analyst Craig Moffet said Apple and Deutsche Telekom are “increasingly likely” to strike a deal for T-Mobile to offer the iPhone in 2013.

The iPhone is likely to help T-Mobile retain lucrative post-paid or contract customers after the telecom lost a reported 510,000 monthly subscribers in the first quarter. As T-Mobile lost the massive amount of subscribers, AT&T and Verizon saw a combined gain of 688,000 customers largely due to their iPhone carrying capability. T-Mobile previously blamed a fourth quarter 2011 loss of 706,000 contract customers due to not having access to Apple’s smartphone as well so the trend seems to be continuing for the carrier which is struggling to maintain any ground.

According to Moffet “iPhone (sic) availability at T-Mobile USA would likely reduce contract losses at that company, and push Deutsche Telekom U.S. to a net revenue growth position much sooner than the market expects.” T-Mobile was previously looking to bring the iPhone over to its network as part of the merger with AT&T though the agreement ended up falling through in December. As a result of the breakup, AT&T was forced to give Deutsche Telekom $3 billion in cash along with a transfer of $1 billion worth of spectrum.

The additional bandwidth has helped shift T-Mobile towards upgrading its network to support a iPhone-compatible 4G HSPA+ standard by expanding operations in the 1900 MHz spectrum. This report by Moffet is consistent with the carrier’s expansion plans and solving the frequency issues CEO Phillip Humm referred to as the “key reason” why the company doesn’t already offer the iPhone.

Representatives from Both Apple and T-Mobile declined to make any comments and didn’t provide any official statements regarding the situation so we’ll have to wait and see what comes of the whole ordeal.

Source: Bloomberg

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

excuse my ignorance, but i thought t-mobile already had the iphone.

Quote Originally Posted by hank197857 View Post
    Not in the USA - only in the civilised world...
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

I few years ago I still had Tmo..I had a G1 at the time and wanted an iPhone. I grabbed one and called Tmo. I told them I had the iPhone and they said no problem, we have an iPhone plan. I said really?? I was setup in 5 minutes and everything worked fine. Only draw back was that there was no 3G support just edge. If you can get around that you are all good. I really wish we were more European about our cell phones(meaning no contracts..more pay as you go) I know we have companies out there that offer these services but I'd like to see more.

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

I hope T-Mobile gets the iPhone soon, it'd be nice to have the three big carriers to choose from! I'd probably stick with AT&T regardless, but you never know.
    Last edited by blkcadi; 07-26-2012 at 06:08 PM.

Haha I agree with you but only in the way that they rumors are retarded because half the time theyre just crap that everyone knows could happen or will happen like "rumor iPhone will have 4g" just no sh*t Sherlock
    Last edited by blkcadi; 07-26-2012 at 06:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hank197857 View Post
    You cannot buy an iPhone from T-Mobile with a contract. You have to purchase it separately, jailbreak and unlock it or buy a factory unlocked one for the cost of your arm and leg.

Enough with all these analyst speculation... I wont believe anything until I hear from Tmobile themselves.
    Last edited by blkcadi; 07-26-2012 at 06:09 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

When the time comes and it happens...that's when I'll switch. Another year of Verizon won't be too bad...

Where I live t-mobile just dont work for me, horrible reception.sticking with AT&T no matter what tmobile has to offer me

Quote Originally Posted by Holyloktar View Post
    You cannot buy an iPhone from T-Mobile with a contract. You have to purchase it separately, jailbreak and unlock it or buy a factory unlocked one for the cost of your arm and leg.
    My iPhone is a T-Mobile iPhone - bought from T-Mobile with a contract and locked to them.

At least it was. They really were a pain to get it unlocked from, but did it in the end.
    Last edited by confucious; 07-11-2012 at 03:16 PM.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    My iPhone is a T-Mobile iPhone - bought from T-Mobile with a contract and locked to them.

At least it was. They really were a pain to get it unlocked from, but did it in the end.
    Not sure if real... or really trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by soidroidios View Post
    Not sure if real... or really trolling.
    Or maybe not all of us liven in the USA

Or maybe not all of us liven in the USA
    Then its Real!
    I wasn't trying to judge. I did say I was not sure.

Thanks

I thought there was a report that for sure T-Mobile was getting the next generation iPhone in 3rd Quarter of this year? I remember reading it from an MMYi post.

Not in the USA - only in the civilised world...
    Well said. Too much control in US

TMobile really dont need to sign a contract with Apple. Just like other companies Apple will not give much money to TMobile. So the alternative is that TMobile should change its data frequency so that iPhone CAN RUN ON 3g on TMobile network. I think TMobile is already working on it.
    Last edited by hapishyguy; 07-12-2012 at 11:25 PM. Reason: spelling correction

T-Mobile are trailing 1900 in some areas but I doubt if they have the resources to change a significant part of the country. What they are doing is rolling out 4G - assuming the next gen iPhone supports T-Mobile's 4G, it makes sense for them to wait until that is out.

i'd still go for AT&T... never had a problem with it..

No network is perfect, but if you've found one you are happy with, stick with it!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

MountainCubX (07-26-2012)

No network is perfect, but if you've found one you are happy with, stick with it!
    I definitely will..