+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Twitter 4.3 for iOS Released - Finally A New Icon!

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Download it and see the difference.
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Download it and see the difference.

iPhone? More like MyPhone dannyrocket's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    I think your points are greatly exaggerated.

The stock Twitter application handles itself well with what I feel to be a great-looking and simple user interface that most Twitter users can be happy with since all they want to do is read their feed and retweet stuff to their followers. The idea behind twitter is sharing information, which is easily and enjoyably done with the stock application.

Your theory really bothers me inside that someone buying an iPhone has all the money in the world to shed on applications. Often times, people barely get by in this economy, which is hurting millions, and they buy an iPhone because they finally saved up every penny themselves for something they wanted. Putting a fund aside to finally pay for the device they want doesn't give them the ability to grow money on trees and suddenly be able to afford to start buying every paid application in the App Store that people say is better. If this were the case, people would end up paying close to $5000 for their iPhone instead of $199 before they could even start using it. Additionally, many people getting iPhones are getting them for holiday presents from their parents or relatives because they can't afford them. So how are these people supposed to have all the money in the world to start buying applications with supposedly better user interfaces? People in better financial situations could, but it's wrong to judge in this aspect.

Some people are in better financial situations than others but it doesn't give anyone the right to imply that they're stingy because they "can't be arsed" for downloading a free application over a paid one that does exactly the same thing offers access to your free Twitter account on your mobile device. The stock application, to me, is absolutely fine as it offers the essential core functionality of simply allowing me to read my timeline and retweeting special events that I think my followers could benefit from. I can also directly message my friends with the application. The gestures, streaming, and other bells and whistles aren't even practical in my eyes because it's not something I would ever need in order to access my timeline.

Just my two cents.

+1 nice 👍

"can't be arsed" 😄😄

My iPhone is a Part of Me fanboyfanboy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NinoMH View Post
    Agreed on using a mediocre client then?

Even if it's free, twitter for iOS it's one of the worst pieces of **** in the app store right now, even with the latest update. Light years behind other clients, and specially Tweetbot.

I don't get people who pay $99-$499 for an iPhone. But can't be arsed to pay $2-3 for a well developed iOS app and incredible functional app, beats me, really.

Streaming, presentation, gesture based functions alone, make Tweetbot worth the bucks.
    I read my feed/tweets look at the discover section, tweet/favorite/retweet. I love the basic twitter client. It does everything I need. Now Ive never used tweet bot but i probably never will i love the basic twitter client. So don't go yelling at people because they don't buy it, it's there money and can spend it how they want

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

You realize the stock Twitter App is Tweetie2 right???

iPhone? More like MyPhone soidroidios's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EntraVoxe View Post
    How many people will actually use this. The answer is not very many.
    As long as the default one works, it is always preferable to a third party solution. If this app worked the way it was supposed to, no one would have bought Tweetbot

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12