+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Dropbox Plans Double Space Maintain Price

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Phillip Swanson's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Dropbox Plans Double Space Maintain Price

Dropbox, in a blog post today, announced changes to their storage plans which include the original 50GB and 100GB plans getting bumped up to 100GB and 200GB while maintaining the same price. Dropbox is also introducing a new 500Gb plan.

“Today we’re happy to announce that our upgrades are getting a huge upgrade! Dropbox Pro now comes in flavors of 100 and 200 GB, but at the price of the original 50 and 100 GB plans. For those of you who need even more space, a brand new 500 GB plan is also joining the posse! If you’re already a Dropbox Pro subscriber, just take a seat and enjoy the fireworks — your Dropbox will supersize itself automatically tonight.” — Dropbox
    The changes go live tonight, and as an added bonus Dropbox is giving existing pro users a three-month Pro 100GB trial to share with their friends or family.

Many have speculated that the increase in size is in response to Google Drive which offers users 1TB of space for $49.99 a month as well as cheaper plans of 25GB for $2.49/month or 100GB for $4.99/month (plans go all the way up to 16TB for $799.99/month!). However, the platforms are functionally different, and Dropbox’s feature set as well as stability is tough to beat.

Also, Dropbox has business plans that start 1TB, but other services like Google Drive, and Skydrive do beat Dropbox on price per GB, and plan flexibility. Dropbox may have upped the storage of their standard plans and made the prices more competitive, but a cheaper 25GB option would lure a ton more customers, but potentially cut into their bottom line by losing some of the upper tier customers forced into a larger plan because of the lack of choice.

Source: Dropbox [via iClarified]

Thanks
    Thanked 3,852 Times in 883 Posts

Sugar Sync i still better. It doesnt confine you into one "dropbox" folder on your computer. It allows you to sync from and to anywhere on your computer.

But wow those google drive prices are nice!!!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by subywrex View Post
    Sugar Sync i still better. It doesnt confine you into one "dropbox" folder on your computer. It allows you to sync from and to anywhere on your computer.

Heh, go figure, I agree with the user that has the Subaru logo as their avatar image =D (<3 my Legacy GT). Though I use Dropbox primarily, I also have a 50gig account for Google Drive as well as a SugarSync account. I use all three for different reasons and love them all but SugarSync is good for the ability to specify any folder to sync. Dropbox's price is still too expensive for me though. For $100, I can get several large capacity flash drives to carry with me. I'm happy with the 10 gigs of free space I have from Dropbox.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by subywrex View Post

Dropbox works fine at syncing all my folders with NTFS symbolic links spider-webbed all over my drives.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor2213 View Post
    Dropbox works fine at syncing all my folders with NTFS symbolic links spider-webbed all over my drives.
    Just looked it up and awesome. I already made several links and am quite happy.

My iPhone is a Part of Me thevmax's Avatar
    Thanks

I love the PkgBackup/Dropbox combination. I've used it since it came out.
    Every time I upgrade my IOS I do a backup first, then install the new IOS,
    and then restore my backup. This combo works quite well!

iPhone? More like MyPhone soidroidios's Avatar
    Thanks

I hope the free spaces double as well!

It's great that Dropbox is going strong. I use it more often than Google Drive.