+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Report Claims 13" MacBook Pro With Retina Display Due in October

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Phillip Swanson's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Report Claims 13" MacBook Pro With Retina Display Due in October

A new report from the ever reputable (sarcasm) Digitimes claims Apple has plans to release a 13” MacBook Pro with Retina Display this October.

Apple released the 15” MacBook Pro with Retina Display earlier this summer with the notable absence of a 13” model. Numerous reports surfaced before WWDC predicting Apple would only launch a 15” MBPwRD and later release a 13” version sometime in August. Most notably KGI Securities analyst Ming-Chi Kuo correctly predicted Apple’s WWDC plans, but later revised his 13” MBPwRD predictions from an August release to an October release with production ramping up in September.

Digitimes new report claims Apple has avoided supply problems plaguing other PC manufacturers resulting in delayed or decreased production and shipments.

As for Apple, the sources pointed out that Apple has demanded its upstream partners start supplying components for the 13-inch model in the third quarter and they have not yet heard anything about changing of schedule. As for when the product will launch, the sources believe the new MacBook Pro will have a chance to launch before October to catch up with the back-to-school season.

Apple also did not reduce its shipment forecast for 2012 and is still expecting its notebook shipments to grow 30% on year, the sources pointed out. — Digitimes
    Apple’s formidable supply chain looks like it will once again be tested this holiday season with a new a iPhone, iPad Mini, and update to its iMac line rumored to be on the way.

Source: Digitimes [via MacRumors]

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I don't see it really likely. The new MacBook pro with retina display is nice, but as many publications and reviews have stated, the amount of processing power and memory used is too much even for the device itself. Just imagine a mac with retina display running a weak power house, you wil get max around 20 fps with an integrated graphics chipset, unless they add one instead of the cd drive.

Green Apple
    Thanks

The only way I see this happening is if Apple stops cheaping out on the 13 inch graphics setup and use the same one as they do with the 15 inch model (Intel HD Graphics 4000 / NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M)

Green Apple
    Thanks
    what about the 17"?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DaveHavok View Post
    The only way I see this happening is if Apple stops cheaping out on the 13 inch graphics setup and use the same one as they do with the 15 inch model (Intel HD Graphics 4000 / NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M)
    I'm betting they will. Remember, the 15" MBPwRD isn't a replacement for the MBP - it's a separate machine. The same thing will go for this - it'll be a high-end/high-performance version for this size.
    Reminding you all that YOU'RE YOUR

iPhone? More like MyPhone soidroidios's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoV View Post
    I'm betting they will. Remember, the 15" MBPwRD isn't a replacement for the MBP - it's a separate machine. The same thing will go for this - it'll be a high-end/high-performance version for this size.
    Well, let's hope so. I hope they can cram all that power on a smaller device.