+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Windows 8 Going Head to Head with iOS This October

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,479 Times in 565 Posts

Default Windows 8 Going Head to Head with iOS This October

Windows 8 has been coming for a long time now with no definitive launch date confirmed. But as of Monday, we now have a general idea of when Microsoft’s next major operating system refresh will roll out. And, as it turns out, the arrival will come just as iOS 6 and a new slate of Apple products are similarly set to debut.

Catching no shortage of reporters off guard with the announcement yesterday at the start of Microsoft’s Worldwide Partner Conference in Toronto, Microsoft Vice President and Windows CFO Tami Reller revealed that Windows 8 will launch in late October 2012.

“Windows 8 is on track to RTM the first week of August,” Reller confessed. “And Windows 8 will reach general availability at the end of October... Windows 8 is the most-tested operating system ever, [And] the wait is almost over.”

If the majority of supply chain analysts and industry watchers are correct, October is also when Apple's next-generation iPhone will drop, possibly along with other new Apple products like the still-rumored but almost guaranteed iPad mini.

Although Apple has faced and conquered no shortage of would-be rivals before, this October could be a different story. Microsoft, after all, has done an exceptional job of creating an exciting new Windows 8 ecosystem that encompasses new smartphones, tablets, and desktop computers. In other words, it's the first time that iOS and Android may get a serious run for their money in mobile territory from Microsoft.

Source: Computerworld

Livin the iPhone Life Dark_Ninja's Avatar
    Thanks

BAM! Yes, I can't wait.

http://www.vicrosdesigns.net/imgs/DNsigv3.png

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

w00t! very much looking forward to testing this out. desktop, laptop, phone, and tablet :-)

-Luke

Green Apple
    Thanks

played with the windows 8 tablet in the windows store. kicks assssss :^D. can't wait. Fully functioning OS, oh yeahhhhh

Thanks

I am excited about the technology that Windows is stating will be present on the tablet..im hoping they see it through and don't let flounder like previous visions they've had. Competition only makes for better results good stuff!

iPhone? More like MyPhone McMichael96's Avatar
    Thanks

"Head to Head" always make's me lol. Is sounds so ***. (Think about it)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Windows Surface
    It would be more convenient if the Windows Surface will have GPS and 3G/4G internet connection to compete with IPAD if these 2 things will be included i definitely grantee that most of the users will prefer the windows Surface over any kind of Tablet PCs

iPhone? More like MyPhone VerizonIphone4_help's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kamalsaid View Post
    It would be more convenient if the Windows Surface will have GPS and 3G/4G internet connection to compete with IPAD if these 2 things will be included i definitely grantee that most of the users will prefer the windows Surface over any kind of Tablet PCs
    that's ok i got my JB iPhone with 3G and GPS - So even though it would be nice to have it all in one package i can just tether the tablet to my iPhone like I already do with my Fire. would love to see a iPad mini though the 7" size is perfect for me.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Windows 8 tablet looks nice except for the OS

iPhone? More like MyPhone soidroidios's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by teej1410 View Post
    Windows 8 tablet looks nice except for the OS
    The OS is the driving factor in its popularity, actually. Being able to do PC level stuff on a tablet is what it is all about. The looks only come secondary.
    IF they do properly implement a working tablet experience with PC level power, then I know the Windows 8 tablets have a sure chance in the market.

iPhone? More like MyPhone hapishyguy's Avatar
    Thanks

As I said before Microsoft is Microsoft. Apple was a just a wave ~~~~