Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
iPhone Newsforums, a part of the
The redesigned App Store in iOS 6 has revealed a major upcoming update to Twitter’s official iPhone application. This was an expected overhaul due to the fact that Twitter has...
07-09-2012, 12:23 AM #1
Twitter Overhaul Revealed via iOS 6 App Store
The redesigned App Store in iOS 6 has revealed a major upcoming update to Twitter’s official iPhone application. This was an expected overhaul due to the fact that Twitter has been under fine due to potential changes to its mobile application API and the lack of power-user features in its official mobile device apps. The notes which reveal upcoming changes are expected to result in drastic improvements that probably many users will welcome.
The focus of Twitter for iPhone version 4.3 is interactivity, enhanced notifications, improved searching and performance, and more. The release notes can be found below:
- More interactive Tweet view experience: content previews, videos, images and more will now be shown within tweets containing links to “partner websites.”
- Tweets about “selected events” will now be highlighted. Twitter will curate the relevant tweets and images
- In the Connect tab, autocomplete improvements will be now be present. Twitter rolled out something similar to their official website last week.
- Major push notifications enhancement: You will now be able to choose to receive push notifications when certain people tweet
- Like in Tweetbot, you will now be able to receive unobtrusive Twitter notifications while you are using the app.
- The Discover tab will now be able to alert users when new content is ready for perusal
- Personalized Trends
- You will now be able to tap a user’s avatar to be taken to their profile page
- Improved performance
- You will now be able to manually input your password when having authentication issues
- Hungarian localization
- Finally: the new Twitter logo will be features on the icon (“The new Twitter bird”)
- Also promised is a slew of other tweaks, polish, and bug fixes
Source: iOS 6 App Store via 9to5Mac
07-09-2012, 12:42 AM #2
I don't think the official Twitter app will ever come close to Tweetbot, which is my personal favorite now. I will never go back.
Twitter is just too late.
07-09-2012, 01:03 AM #3
Twittbot & Twittelator Neue own the official twitter app in every way possible. Even with the update they have a long way to go and the UI looks so dated now
07-09-2012, 01:08 AM #4
I have to agree with both of you. Tweetbot is hands down probably the best twitter client ever.
07-09-2012, 07:08 AM #5
It'd be nice if twitterbot had push notification tho
07-09-2012, 07:28 AM #6
Tweetbot has push... if it had TwitLonger support (auto-expanding) it would be perfect. As it stands, I still have Tweetlogix rated above it (iPhone).Reminding you all that YOU'RE ≠ YOUR
07-09-2012, 01:02 PM #7
Couldnt agree more. Been using Tweetbot for a grip.
07-09-2012, 02:27 PM #8
Just download "Infinite Tweet" via Cydia to have Twitlonger integrated with Tweetbot.
Infinite Tweet: Native TwitLonger Integration For Twitter App, TweetBot, and Echofon
07-09-2012, 10:16 PM #9
There are tons of twitter app in the appstore but I like to see use official twitter because it faster... but tweebot, twittelator and echofon is great