+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Select Multiple Inbox Messages At Once With 'Check'

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Apple’s Mail application for iOS devices is a good, clean mail client, but even with iOS 6’s improved Mail application on the horizon, Apple continues to miss out on some
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Select Multiple Inbox Messages At Once With 'Check'

Apple’s Mail application for iOS devices is a good, clean mail client, but even with iOS 6’s improved Mail application on the horizon, Apple continues to miss out on some important features that every mail client should have. One of these features is the ability to select more than one e-mail message at once from your inbox – an annoyance where Apple's Mail application requires you to select each and every message one-by-one and can be disturbingly cumbersome if you have a lot of inbox messages.

iOS developers iKy1e and Joshua Tucker have come together to create a new jailbreak tweak that will solve this problem. The tweak is free and will make it so you can easily select more than one e-mail message from your inbox so you can easily delete the unwanted messages. The tweak, dubbed Check, can be downloaded right now from the BigBoss repository.

The tweak works like this: enter editing mode by tapping on the Edit button and then hold down on one e-mail for a couple of seconds and then release it – the e-mail you selected will begin to flash. After the e-mail starts to flash, tap on another e-mail either above or below the flashing e-mail and every e-mail between the flashing e-mail and the other e-mail you tapped will be selected, allowing you to remove all of the selected e-mails from your inbox at once instead of one-by-one.

As we know, once the messages are finally in our trash folder, we can easily tap a Delete All button to get rid of all the messages in our trash folder with one tap. The issue, however, is that a similar feature is not available in the inbox folder. This tweak effectively allows you to remove all the junk from your inbox folder and save important e-mail messages for later and will save you a whole lot of tapping and time if you have a really busy inbox like those of us at ModMyi.

Check can be used not only to select, but also to deselect certain messages. It works on the iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad and has no options to configure – just install it and give it a try. The tweak is totally worth taking a look at if you're a heavy duty iOS e-mailer. If you have a very light e-mail inbox, you probably won't need the tweak but it is good to have just in case.

Name: Check
    Price: FREE
    Version: 0.9
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer(s): iKy1e and Joshua Tucker
    Editor's Rating: / 4.5/5

Thank you very much to our own Orby for helping us in testing!

Sources: iKy1e and Joshua Tucker
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 07-08-2012 at 09:22 PM.

Thanks

Is there "select all" function?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,808 Times in 2,187 Posts

Sorta what i was thinking but i am guessing this take away having to hit edit before selecting multiple
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

iPhone? More like MyPhone butler007's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Commandor View Post
    I don't have this tweak personally, but if all you want is to select all then try AllMail

Banned
    Thanks

You already can select more than 1 so what does this do?

I think I should also make an app that does something that the iPhone already does.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Commandor View Post
    No, Check's purpose is for specific multi-selection, although it could be an added feature down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post

I think I should also make an app that does something that the iPhone already does.
    Check allows you to do quicker multi-selection and is an enhancement to the existing selection functionality. The purpose of this project is to bring the "Shift-Click" selection feature that computers use to iOS, in this case, to the Mail application.

As mentioned in the post, you tap and hold on a cell in Edit mode until it flashes and then tap another email on your list. From there, it will select all the emails in between those points. Scenario: you need to select 10 emails in a row. You can either tap each email one by one or use Check to start selection from the first email and then tap the tenth to select them all automatically.
    Last edited by Joshua Tucker; 07-09-2012 at 06:59 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone risingkazuya05's Avatar
    Thanks

AllMail does this and more for a cheap price

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

right now to select 10 emails you have to click on all 10 with this you select the first email you want selected then the last and all between will be selected. Not as good as 1 button select all but better then normal.

I don't use ios mail app anymore I use Gmail app and Outlook Mail for exchange.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I may be dense, but I don't see how this is better that native functionality. I can already do a multi-select. What you need is a sslect all like sparrow.

Whoops. I get it, you get the inclusive shift select functionality. Good, add mark all read and you got it.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ccoltmanm's Avatar
    Thanks

I can select more than 1 mail message at a time. I can select every other or two, or even 3. I'm sure I can select 4 or 5. I don't see what is new. Press edit, click the little circle next to the message and do something with it.

My iPhone is a Part of Me PoEtikly's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes but I think what this app is featuring is you hold down on 1 message and then you can scroll down say 100 emails and tap that one and it will select every email between the 2 instead of having to tap every message to highlight for deletion. It's sort if like a hold shift and right click select option on a pc.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ccoltmanm View Post
    I can select more than 1 mail message at a time. I can select every other or two, or even 3. I'm sure I can select 4 or 5. I don't see what is new. Press edit, click the little circle next to the message and do something with it.
    When you work in IT, and you get 200 - 300 notification emails a day, it is essential!

iPhone? More like MyPhone ABOSWORTH's Avatar
    Thanks

Some of you really aren't getting what this does. It's very useful and something Apple should have incorporated from the get go.

I've had this tweak for over a year and it is great.
    Last edited by ABOSWORTH; 05-26-2013 at 07:35 PM.