+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Activision Working to Unleash New Call of Duty Game for iOS

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Activision Working to Unleash Call of Duty for iOS

If you love first person shooters like Call of Duty and you love iOS devices like the iPhone and iPad, then you’ll love to hear that Activision is currently working on a full-blown game for iOS. As of now the Call of Duty title sits in the App Store with the zombie versions of the game, but not as a whole campaign:

Call of Duty: Zombies
    Call of Duty: Black Ops Zombies

Call of Duty has a good name for itself and many game developers have tried to mimic Activision’s gaming quality. From extreme graphics, to online multiplayer, to a great storyline, perhaps the best game that tried to bring the Call of Duty experience to iOS was Gameloft’s Modern Combat 3: Fallen Nation. The only issue was that regardless of it being a great first person shooter game, it just wasn't Call of Duty.

The zombie versions of the game in the App Store right now do have some sketchy graphics compared to some other first person shooter games in the App Store. It is anticipated that Activision will take advantage of some of the horsepower in the newer iOS devices to create a game with stunning graphics, fun online multiplayer, and a nice long campaign mode.

Obviously so, the game would be lesser quality than that of a console version just because mobile technology is not quite there with consoles and gaming computers. There is also the issue with storage space, which is very limited in mobile devices – the better the graphics are and the more gameplay there is, the more space is going to be used and will continue to be used as you play through the game. There is also the limitation of the touch controls.

Activision doesn’t tell us when they plan to release this mobile Call of Duty game, but one thing is certain: it will be popular when it comes out. Be sure to let us know what you would expect from Activision if you were to play Call of Duty on your iPhone.

Sources: Videogamer via Cult of Mac

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

lets hope it allows multiplayer

Banned
    Thanks

If it has multiplayer and better graphics i dont care if its a few gb of storage i cant wait to play this

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I like this article but im kinda getting sick of all these things where you act like you need to tell us something new and better will be coming out.. It's like me saying

A NEW INFINITY BLADE WILL COME OUT! It's just something you know will happen..

My iPhone is a Part of Me zinjen's Avatar
    Thanks

I've said it before and I'll say it again, until Microsoft or Sony releases a controller that works via bluetooth as a control source I will not be playing FPS on an iPhone. Touchscreen is too inconsistent to even be fun.. which is why ID Software (The Father of First Person Shooters) designed RAGE to move through the maps/levels by itself which takes away the fun but the only real way to do it.

I've been keeping my fingers crossed for a portable xbox 360 but we may have a closer shot at a controller that works as a bluetooth device.