Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Still Mum on Rash of Corrupted Apps, Likely Server Side Problems

Default Apple Still Mum on Rash of Corrupted Apps, Likely Server Side Problems

Instapaper developer Marco Arment tweeted a warning to other iOS developers this morning telling them to not release app updates today.

Apple appears to be pushing out corrupt app updates causing a number of the apps to crash immediately after launching according to Arment, who noticed the issue late last night after an update to Instapaper went live.

The app crashes immediately on launch, every time, even after a delete and reinstall as long as the corrupt file is being served by the App Store.
    It doesn’t even show the Default.png before crashing. Just a split-second of a partial fade to black, then back to Springboard.
    It may only affect customers in some regions.
    If updating from iTunes, some customers might get a dialog citing error 8324 or 8326.
    Mac apps might show this dialog:
    “[App] is damaged and can’t be opened. Delete [App] and download it again from the App Store.”
    The console might show:AppleFairplayTextCrypterSession::fairplayOpen () failed, error -42110
    A functional version of Instapaper appeared to be distributed after reinstalling Instapaper, but the root of the problem still isn’t known as Apple hasn’t officially commented on the issue. Developer Readdle noticed an issue after receiving numerous emails about their Scanner Pro 4.1 update crashing, and claims the issue is with iTunes’ servers sending corrupted application packages to many users.

• Instapaper, obviously
    • Aboalarm
    • Al & Joe Bust Out
    • Angry Birds Space Free
    • Angry Birds Space HD Free
    • Apalabrados.org
    • AroundCal
    • Autocité Parkings
    • Big Start
    • Bird Song Id
    • Bunker Buster
    • CarZen
    • Checkout Helper
    • Chord Picker
    • CincyMobile
    • CLM iPlanner
    • Cocktailpedia
    • CommBank Kaching
    • Cubemen
    • DocuNotes+
    • Dolphin HS Browser
    • Dosecast
    • Dunno
    • Face Juggler Free
    • Face Juggler Plus
    • Festival d’Avignon OFF 2012
    • FlattrCast
    • Flick Soccer
    • Flight International
    • Gaia GPS
    • Gluddle
    • GoodReader
    • Heart Booth Free
    • Heart Booth HD Free
    • Huffington
    • iBike Moto
    • Ice Age Village
    • iCoyote Europe
    • iDesign
    • iMieiFarmaci
    • iPronto To Do
    • iPronto To Do HD
    • iPronto To Do Lite
    • iPronto To Do Lite HD
    • iQIF
    • iQuikDoF
    • iTankster
    • Jewel World Skull Edition
    • L’Equipe.fr
    • LA Times
    • Letris 2
    • Letris Power
    • Levee en Masse HD
    • Lords & Knights
    • Lucky Slots
    • M6
    • Mag+ Reviewer
    • Maps 3D
    • Maps 3D Lite
    • Matchbook
    • Max Payne Mobile
    • Mayvio Budget
    • Measure Map
    • Measure Map Lite
    • MedCalc
    • MedCalc Pro
    • Meetup
    • Melodies Pro
    • MemoryBrands
    • Metronome+
    • mixi
    • MoPho
    • MultiTrack DAW
    • My Medical Info
    • My365
    • OrderPat Server
    • outdooractive
    • Pair
    • PDX Bus
    • Peekaboo Barn
    • Phoster
    • Pinball Maniacs
    • Please Stay Calm
    • Quote Unquote
    • Qwak
    • Readdle Scanner Pro
    • Redshift
    • Samurai vs Zombies Defense
    • Ski Safari
    • Skoobe
    • Simple RSS Push
    • Sleep Bug Pro
    • Slotomania
    • SMARTReporter (Mac)
    • SmartScan+OCR
    • Smilebox
    • Sprightly Pyramid Solitaire
    • Stack the States
    • Stat E&M Coder
    • Synalyze It! (Mac)
    • Tap Sonic
    • Tap’N Ride
    • TEDiSUB
    • The Early Edition 2
    • The Magic of Reality
    • Threadnote
    • @View
    • W9
    • Wakaru
    • Wind expert
    • Word Lens
    • Wrackle
    • Yahoo! Search
    • Young Art
    Source: 9to5Mac, Marco Arment
    Last edited by Phillip Swanson; 07-05-2012 at 06:15 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,754 Times in 891 Posts

You forgot the modmyi app. Although that's probably just bad coding.

Quote Originally Posted by KraXik View Post
    You forgot the modmyi app. Although that's probably just bad coding.
    I don't know what your talking about, I open this app multiple times a day on my 4S, never had it crash, sometimes it'll tell me my network connect was lost if I switch from 3G to E. but that's it

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fanboyfanboy View Post
    I don't know what your talking about, I open this app multiple times a day on my 4S, never had it crash, sometimes it'll tell me my network connect was lost if I switch from 3G to E. but that's it
    It's hardly good. You can't see at your typing unless you press return a few times. It does crash. You can't thank posts. You get random security errors.

Needs an update badly yet all the MMi staff just ignore the fact it's crap. Even though this is an i-modding site!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Grammar check, should say Server "Apple Still Mum on Rash of Corrupted Apps, Likely Serve Side Problems"

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Thanks

It's hardly good. You can't see at your typing unless you press return a few times. It does crash. You can't thank posts. You get random security errors.

Needs an update badly yet all the MMi staff just ignore the fact it's crap. Even though this is an i-modding site!
    MMi didn't make the app. An app developing company did it.
    Great minds discuss ideas.
    Average minds discuss events.
    Small minds discuss people.

I've never gotten a security problem and never had it crash, but I agree the typing gets annoying but I guess I just got used to it and stopped caring

Thanks

My Mmi app runs fine on my 4S. It may crash when I'm doing alot with the app, but what app doesn't crash sometimes. 😁

My iPhone is a Part of Me PoEtikly's Avatar
    Thanks

There are times were the app will crash upon opening, but it has done that for a very long time. And yes I agree with the inability to read what you are writing unless you hit return a few times. That does get annoying, but I think you'd have better success with getting issues fixed IF you respectfully informed staff of the situation and NOT rage on about how their app is crap, etc... Just like anything else, if it bothers you that bad then dont use it.

Quote Originally Posted by H4CK3R View Post
    MMi didn't make the app. An app developing company did it.
    Who cares who actually made the App. It's still a direct representation of MMi. However, I wouldn't hold my breath for anything good to come from its writers, or App developers

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mustard05 View Post
    Who cares who actually made the App. It's still a direct representation of MMi. However, I wouldn't hold my breath for anything good to come from its writers, or App developers
    There's really no need to be negative. If you're really that angry, tell Kyle or Cody. They handle all of that stuff.
    Great minds discuss ideas.
    Average minds discuss events.
    Small minds discuss people.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by H4CK3R View Post
    There's really no need to be negative. If you're really that angry, tell Kyle or Cody. They handle all of that stuff.
    You would think they have used it.... Shouldn't need to inform them.

Quote Originally Posted by kraxik View Post
    you would think they have used it.... Shouldn't need to inform them.
    exactly!!!!

Thanks

If you care that much write up an app yourself using the tapatalk php, stop whining and complaining, you honestly sound like your attacking MMi for something they didn't code, they paid another company to code this app, I honestly don't blame MMi for not fixing it solely because of users like you who get on this site and always degrade the staff, it's an amazing trustworthy site and I'm sure most members would be lost when it comes to jail breaking without it, the staff puts up with so much crap, it's ridiculous, this is one of the most reliable jail breaking website and the community has been going down hill, when it first started the entire community was friendly and always willing to help with any question and was always respectful, idk what happened, it's sad

The game My horse is another, updated it for my missus and broke it on her

Quote Originally Posted by iGamers View Post
    If you care that much write up an app yourself using the tapatalk php, stop whining and complaining, you honestly sound like your attacking MMi for something they didn't code, they paid another company to code this app, I honestly don't blame MMi for not fixing it solely because of users like you who get on this site and always degrade the staff, it's an amazing trustworthy site and I'm sure most members would be lost when it comes to jail breaking without it, the staff puts up with so much crap, it's ridiculous, this is one of the most reliable jail breaking website and the community has been going down hill, when it first started the entire community was friendly and always willing to help with any question and was always respectful, idk what happened, it's sad
    You don't know what happened???? Are you serious??? If you don't know what happened to the community then you really aren't paying attention to the all the "Rumor" based BS that is reported here. I agree, this site use to be very helpful unfortunately times change and so did this site.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mustard05 View Post
    You don't know what happened???? Are you serious??? If you don't know what happened to the community then you really aren't paying attention to the all the "Rumor" based BS that is reported here. I agree, this site use to be very helpful unfortunately times change and so did this site.
    The reporting has nothing to do with all the negativity between members, that's what I mean about not knowing what happened