Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Customize the Function of Your Sleep Button With 'TurnOffButton'

Default Customize the Function of Your Sleep Button With 'TurnOffButton'

The sleep button on every iOS device is absolutely one of the most important buttons on the device. One thing is for certain though: not everyone needs to power off his or her device. If you want to use your sleep button for other functions, then check out a new free jailbreak tweak dubbed TurnOffButton by iOS developer M_Vincent_M. With it, you can change what will happen when you hold down on the sleep button.

As shown above, the tweak comes with a preferences pane, which is available in the Settings application after being installed. Rather than allow the power down slider to appear, you can opt to have any of the following functions occur when the sleep button is held down instead:
    • Respring the device
    • Don't do anything
    • Skip the power down slider and turn off immediately
    • Boot the device into Safe Mode
    • Launch the Messages application
    • Launch the Cydia application
    • Launch the Safari application

The tweak doesn’t make it completely impossible to power off your device with the sleep button, but it means changing the settings back to the power down feature rather than the custom function you may have chosen if you want to use the button to power down. For tethered jailbreaks, the respring feature is a great function to replace a power down with the sleep button and it could help prevent people from accidentally powering down your device with a tethered jailbreak where they will just end up respringing it instead.

For people that see no reason to power off their iOS devices, this tweak offers the ability to do otherwise extraneous things that would require other tweaks or applications to perform. The only difference being that the function is now carried out simply by holding down on the home button. TurnOffButton definitely won't be for everyone, but it could be a hidden gem in the Cydia store for a handful of jailbreakers. Check it out and see if it works good for your needs!

Name: TurnOffButton
    Price: FREE
    Version:1.0
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: M_Vincent_M
    Editor's Rating:  2/5

Sources: M_Vincent_M
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 07-04-2012 at 02:25 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

"Do a safe mode"... interesting choice of words there.

Activator...

And I want to quote my Tweet from a few minutes ago: "I don't want to sound rude, but things like this annoy me Apple, iPhone and iPad News | ModMyi - Customize the Function of Your Sleep Button With 'TurnOffButton' people just make some **** and hope to get popular by that."

..why would someone ever ever use this.. Btw activator is preinstalled and had way more capabilities

Quote Originally Posted by Mrteacup View Post
    ..why would someone ever ever use this.. Btw activator is preinstalled and had way more capabilities
    Activator is not pre-installed.

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    Hah.
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 07-04-2012 at 02:26 PM.

Yeah but you basically get it installed for any package you download (like tweaks) or any of the popular ones

Good tweak but I use Deck by holding the power switch which shows all the jailbreak tweaks that iv hidden on springboard also it gives you the same options as this.

This app is crude... Not useful at all. I believe the best function for this button is iPhone Sleep mode switch.

Yeah, I mean, who wants to respring all the time? and waste a much needed button on such a function?

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    lol, reminds me of "do a barrel roll" :P