Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Google Issuing Software Patch to Help Samsung Work Around Galaxy Nexus Injunction

Quote Originally Posted by Ambi_Valence View Post
    being useless is about as much use to you as an ejector seat in a helicopter.
    LOL! Now thats funny!
    MacBook Pro i7
    Dell XPS

iPhone? More like MyPhone Slim J's Avatar
    Thanks

Do I need to open the spyware/malware/trojan/worms,virus argument? We could go around forever on this topic alone. My Mac is virus free and I don't have to perform every other day updates like Windows users have to. I don't have to purchase or even download free software to keep my computer clean. It just works.
    So guess what, I have a 7 year old Dell and a year old Toshiba that run Windows 7 and has never had a virus. Just be careful ow what you download and to let you know, Macs get viruses too

And whining about price
    My Toshiba only cost $700. It has 8 GB of RAM, 500 GB hard drive and came with an overclocked Intel i7 that runs at 3 GHz. It is as powerful, if possibly more powerful than a MacBook Pro. I got all that for half the price of a MacBook Pro. I looked at the specs for a 15.5 in MacBook Pro (my Toshiba is a 15.5 too) and it had exactly the same specs. The only differences is RAM and the Pro uses the same i7 my computer has, but the Mac's not overclocked and your stuck at 2.2 GHz

Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
    WHY do people still buy Apple products with this kind of mentality from Apple?
    BECAUSE obviously Apple is doing something right. No company is perfect, but if there's a product I like, it won't stop me from buying it.

Thanks

BECAUSE obviously Apple is doing something right. No company is perfect, but if there's a product I like, it won't stop me from buying it.
    I have recently lost all respect for Apple as what I think what they are doing is wrong

Quote Originally Posted by xLastWishx View Post
    As a graphic designer, video editor, animator, web and software developer, I, along with my entire studio use MacBook Pros and iMacs for all of our work. So no it's not just looking at photos or composing music. So yeah we actually get work done on our Macs. Everything looks so much better on a retina display we love being able to see everything in high quality as we believe in high production values. Also how the hell are these computers trashy pieces of junk? Apple doesn't use low quality parts like any manufactured Windows PC. I'm not hating on Windows, in fact I'm typing on one right now. But your points were honestly stupid saying how people just use Macs to look at photos. So really dude, get over YOURSELF.

On topic: The whole lawsuit between Android handsets and iPhones should honestly stop. In my opinion iOS6 sucks hardcore compared to Jellybean. In fact I won't be updating my 4S to iOS6 as I feel that iOS5 is the last worthy update with a whole bunch of available jailbreak tweaks which makes the user experience much better. I may buy the upcoming iPhone but I'm definitely going to pick up an Android handsets and enjoy best of both worlds. If I can't do that thanks to Apple then I won't buy another iPhone again.
    To the on topic part.

I agree, the lawsuits are crazy. However, Apple has the power and it's patents. It's an American based company and they hold the cards, and the patents.

With that said, I was looking forward to the new iPhone as I bought a Galaxy S2 last year after owning every rendition of iPhone thus far - and I was ready to go back with the new iPhone. I bought a Galaxy Nexus a few days ago just because no contract and out of curiosity, and rooted and put JellyBean on it. I'll just say this, nothing Apple nor Google has done thus far to their OS over the last few years comes close to the improvement in the user experience that JellyBean does.. All I can say is, Wow. Google got it right. Finally. I will still probably buy the iPhone, I'm anxious to see what they've come up with - but Android made a huge leap forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Slimz View Post
    To the on topic part.

I agree, the lawsuits are crazy. However, Apple has the power and it's patents. It's an American based company and they hold the cards, and the patents.

With that said, I was looking forward to the new iPhone as I bought a Galaxy S2 last year after owning every rendition of iPhone thus far - and I was ready to go back with the new iPhone. I bought a Galaxy Nexus a few days ago just because no contract and out of curiosity, and rooted and put JellyBean on it. I'll just say this, nothing Apple nor Google has done thus far to their OS over the last few years comes close to the improvement in the user experience that JellyBean does.. All I can say is, Wow. Google got it right. Finally. I will still probably buy the iPhone, I'm anxious to see what they've come up with - but Android made a huge leap forward.
    Agreed COMPLETELY. I still love the iPhone and everything but I feel that Apple isn't putting enough effort like it once was. I feel that they aren't looking into the future like Google is doing. I feel that Tim Cook's vision isn't as vast as Steve Jobs. If only Apple would look into future like Google is currently doing. Laugh at Google Glasses but watch it become something big like the iPad. Android has definitely surpass iOS in terms of customization and having more features. I understand Apple has the patents for all these things but I hope they licenses it to Google.

One thing that Android definitely lacks is a solid UX experience which I'm hoping they'd fix. The fragmentation should be dealt with the same way Microsoft did with Windows 8. If only these tech giants would start innovating instead of suing -sigh-

But to sum things up Google may be the future, not Apple. (Yes I'm an Apple fanboy, but I have to give major kudos to Android for their recent efforts)

Really Naked Farrie
    You are so wrong, I was a huge Microsoft, anything but Apple guy. Since buying my first iPhone, then a iMac, a MacBook Pro, 2 iPads and 3 MacBook Airs I will never go back. Sure Apple costs more, you get what you pay for. My Apple PC's do more, faster and more reliable than any regular PC. And guess what, no blue screen of death. I've had Windows phones, android phones, will never go back to inferior products again. Apple has done nothing wrong, in fact they just are doing the same thing Samsung is doing to them. I also like supporting an American company, sure they are built somewhere else due to unions here, but the profits are American.
    But what you will but get your facts straight.

Apple really need a huge loss as they deserve to loose a lot of money after all the crap they put others through.
    What a silly statement to make, do you think Apple is alone in protecting their patents? Guess we should ask why do people still buy products from Motorola, Microsoft, GE, HP, pretty much any company out there, tech industry or otherwise.

Educate yourself on some patent law before going off on such a pointless rant.

Quote Originally Posted by exNavy View Post
    Do I need to open the spyware/malware/trojan/worms,virus argument? We could go around forever on this topic alone. My Mac is virus free and I don't have to perform every other day updates like Windows users have to. I don't have to purchase or even download free software to keep my computer clean. It just works.
    I would agree with the rest of the things you said apart from this one. It's already proven that the Mac is not virus free or cannot be infected with a virus. Moreover, Apple now pushes daily updates rather than weekly ones ever since the longest running trojan on the Mac was discovered. Hackers are now targeting Apple devices as well.

I think a lot of people have had some good points on this forum both for and against apple and android. I use to be a Microsoft user back in the day and switched to Apple when the first iPhone came out. It seemed easier compatibility wise to use all Apple products. I loved the ease of the iPhone. What really has gotten to me is the constant keep up of jailbreaks and modes to use a the iPhone the way I like and to personalize it. Not that I have to use a jailbreak but it does have its benefits. I like being able to change things my way. I think Apple is starting to hurt its self by just sueing every one it doesn't want to compete with. Yes, I understand patent lawsuits and agree you shouldn't rip off ideas...having said that it goes both ways. I think Apple will start running into problems once they want to change the current design and specs of the iPhone. I say this because they have sued everyone on the size, shape, and system aspecs of the iPhone. For Apple this could be a huge problem in the future. Imagine not ever being able to make the iPhone larger or a different shape due to others who would say Apple is now copying their shape or ideas. I think the problem Apple is finding, is that their once dominate OS system (with the help of jailbreak community) is starting to be surpased or at least caught up too by the Android OS. Without great change in the iPhone, many tech savy people are starting to look at other phones. I for once have gone to the new Galaxy S3 just to see the difference and have to say I like the Android OS as well as iOS. Both have their draw backs to be honest...who knows though I might like the iPhone better when it comes out but seems like the iPhone would have to change alot to catch up.

Quote Originally Posted by Slim J View Post
    My Toshiba only cost $700. It has 8 GB of RAM, 500 GB hard drive and came with an overclocked Intel i7 that runs at 3 GHz. It is as powerful, if possibly more powerful than a MacBook Pro. I got all that for half the price of a MacBook Pro. I looked at the specs for a 15.5 in MacBook Pro (my Toshiba is a 15.5 too) and it had exactly the same specs. The only differences is RAM and the Pro uses the same i7 my computer has, but the Mac's not overclocked and your stuck at 2.2 GHz

Does it run Final Cut Pro?

see?
    MacBook Pro is already better.

I could find you a car with more performance than a Ferrari for less money. Which are you likely to prefer?

Quote Originally Posted by flguy725725 View Post
    I think a lot of people have had some good points on this forum both for and against apple and android. I use to be a Microsoft user back in the day and switched to Apple when the first iPhone came out. It seemed easier compatibility wise to use all Apple products. I loved the ease of the iPhone. What really has gotten to me is the constant keep up of jailbreaks and modes to use a the iPhone the way I like and to personalize it. Not that I have to use a jailbreak but it does have its benefits. I like being able to change things my way. I think Apple is starting to hurt its self by just sueing every one it doesn't want to compete with. Yes, I understand patent lawsuits and agree you shouldn't rip off ideas...having said that it goes both ways. I think Apple will start running into problems once they want to change the current design and specs of the iPhone. I say this because they have sued everyone on the size, shape, and system aspecs of the iPhone. For Apple this could be a huge problem in the future. Imagine not ever being able to make the iPhone larger or a different shape due to others who would say Apple is now copying their shape or ideas. I think the problem Apple is finding, is that their once dominate OS system (with the help of jailbreak community) is starting to be surpased or at least caught up too by the Android OS. Without great change in the iPhone, many tech savy people are starting to look at other phones. I for once have gone to the new Galaxy S3 just to see the difference and have to say I like the Android OS as well as iOS. Both have their draw backs to be honest...who knows though I might like the iPhone better when it comes out but seems like the iPhone would have to change alot to catch up.
    Well said. I was the same way

Quote Originally Posted by Ambi_Valence View Post
    I could find you a car with more performance than a Ferrari for less money. Which are you likely to prefer?
    Depends. As a rich person it's not so much about the performance but more of a sign of status. If I was rich it would be the car more people can't afford or buy. But if not so rich the other one.
    Last edited by shortysos7; 07-05-2012 at 11:07 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sane View Post
    Does it run Final Cut Pro?

see?
    MacBook Pro is already better.
    Well are you willing to spend $500 on something? BTW, there is many other great movie making software for Windows. And I'm not including Movie Maker because it sucks

Also yet it could run FinalCut. All I need is to install Mac on here which I don't really want to do
    Last edited by Slim J; 07-05-2012 at 11:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by exNavy View Post
    a pro Apple forum
    Assuming you were referring to this site (modmyi.com), I do not believe it's correct to label it a pro-apple forum. This is a news site as well as a place to exchange information. The purpose of the site is to promote modifications of all sorts to various Apple products, it is not promoting Apple products in and of them selves. Therefore, I'd find it much more correct to call this an Apple-related information site, which would inherently mean that it hold a neutral stance, so there shouldn't be anything wrong with submitting opinions in either direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Slim J View Post
    Well are you willing to spend $500 on something? BTW, there is many other great movie making software for Windows. And I'm not including Movie Maker because it sucks

Also yet it could run FinalCut. All I need is to install Mac on here which I don't really want to do
    You can't run OSX on your laptop. You don't meet the necessary requirements to build a Hackintosh. Macs can run just use parallels or run boot camp to run Windows. (I don't do this since I use both Windows and Macs).

To side with you though, Sony Vegas Pro and After Effects are much better than Final Cut Pro anyways. It's all about preferences.

Ok here we go...
    First YES Macs get viruses, I wish people would get out of that my Mac can't get a virus mentality because u very much can.

Second my windows computer has not gotten a virus yet because I dont do anything shady on it.

Third it's a fact apple is in a losing battle with competitors and are getting granted patents that they shouldn't cuz most of em wasn't even their idea they just stole it and claimed it.

Lastly I love my iPhone and my iMac. But doesn't mean I don't look at other products and must say Windows is making a comeback and Google really is innovating with Android, all I'm saying is the iPhone 5 better be amazing cuz if not I foresee some major changes happening.

http://www.vicrosdesigns.net/imgs/DNsigv3.png

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xLastWishx View Post
    You can't run OSX on your laptop. You don't meet the necessary requirements to build a Hackintosh. Macs can run just use parallels or run boot camp to run Windows. (I don't do this since I use both Windows and Macs).

To side with you though, Sony Vegas Pro and After Effects are much better than Final Cut Pro anyways. It's all about preferences.
    Well I already have a fully functional Dell Vostro Hackintosh so why do I need two. I could make this laptop in a Hackintosh and all drivers are supported except for the network card. That's the main reason I don't want to make this into one

Funny no one ever seems to mention that OSX is based from Linux. It's also available for free on Apple's website. It's fragmented into a large number of files, and buried deep on the site...but it's there. Their hardware is average to above-average quality stuff. It's of the same quality that PCs are, costing half of what Apple charges for them. Obviously, it's not of the same quality as budget PCs are. I've been building and repairing computers for about 10 years now, and have good experience seeing what's inside of them.

There's really not that much difference between Windows 7/8, OSX or Linux. If someone feels like paying more for what is perceived to be a luxury brand...more power to you! You're really only paying for a name. It's the same with clothes, musical instruments, foods, etc.

For the people who complain that Windows isn't as stable as OSX. You should learn how to clean your computer of the pre-installed crap that comes on it. That's the cost of paying less. Apple does a great job with their controlled ecosystem, but it also causes some limitations. To each their own. I have XP, Vista, and Win7 machines that run very smoothly. I'm also savvy with that stuff though.

As for smartphones, I've had Blackberry, iPhones, and Androids. I actually thought the BB was the most reliable, with the best signal of all of them. Unfortunately, they didn't innovate and were left behind. Something I see for Apple if they don't step up their game as well (or buy another company that already has, and strip the features away from existing customers *cough cough Siri*). I'm eagerly looking at the Windows 8 phones and tablets. They seem to be full of great promise!

And the patent of “Universal interface for retrieval of information in a computer system.” seems a little too vague, as most computers and phones have had this function for years. then again, they got patents on the most generic looking things you possibly could. Patent reform is the only real answer here.

Apple really need a huge loss as they deserve to loose a lot of money after all the crap they put others through.

Apple products are way overpriced and extremely limited so ANYTHING is better than Apple.
    A PC can do a hell of a lot more than a Mac can do and close to a quarter the price.
    A Notebook is a quarter of the price and can do a lot more than a macbook can do.
    A Galaxy S3 kicks *** over the iPhone 4S

There are many reasons not to get an Apple but people still do. I did as I had the money to waste (which I did) and I wanted to upgrade my iPad and give my daughter an iPad which she needs.
    I have both iPad and Galaxy Tab and I prefer the Galaxy. It's way more friendly and runs the same apps and most are free compared to iPad apps.

I WONT be upgrading my iPhone 4 to another Apple device. I WILL be getting an Android. Maybe the Galaxy S3 if I upgrade soon or the next in the series. Maybe the Nexus as I dont think its banned in Aus.
    Rather than being pissed off at Apple for persuing an injumction, why not be pissed of at the people that made this injunction possible. The patent in question is “Universal interface for retrieval of information in a computer system”. How on earth did the US Patent and Trademark Office allow such a vague patent to be filed in the first place. This patent could be applied to any phone or computer currently on the market regardless of the OS.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast