+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Add An Elegant Music Control Widget to Notification Center

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by Shepherd1196 It works both ways. The other way is more common but this isn't simple math, there's more than one correct answer. I think, I'm a freshman
    My iPhone is a Part of Me JimboHurt's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shepherd1196 View Post
    It works both ways. The other way is more common but this isn't simple math, there's more than one correct answer. I think, I'm a freshman in HS so I'm not too sure.
    I think you are right. Good point. It isn't clear cut right or wrong.

But one screams 'Im a noob at English!' and the other says 'I speak normally.' And this tweak is very much the former.

Haha so I would rather not have a tweak that visually looks like a person with 3rd grade English speaking skills made it.
    Have a random themeing/jaku question? Hit me up on twitter to avoid an off topic post. I am glad to help.
    @jimbohurt

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JimboHurt View Post
    I think you are right. Good point. It isn't clear cut right or wrong.

But one screams 'Im a noob at English!' and the other says 'I speak normally.' And this tweak is very much the former.

Haha so I would rather not have a tweak that visually looks like a person with 3rd grade English speaking skills made it.
    Yeah. I see what you're saying. And I realized the difference, your using 'playing' as a verb and it's using it as an adjective, very uncommon; but still right lol

Green Apple
    Thanks

there is no possible way to describe "No playing music" as correct in English. it must be "NOT playing music" or "No music playing". Using "playing" as an adjective in this case is utterly ridiculous. You would have to be personifying "music" in order for that argument to valid. If this is the case "No playing music" would mean "The music-which-has-been-given-form and is in the act of 'playing' is not allowed/must not be"... people need more education.

My iPhone is a Part of Me JimboHurt's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HotBlack View Post
    there is no possible way to describe "No playing music" as correct in English. it must be "NOT playing music" or "No music playing". Using "playing" as an adjective in this case is utterly ridiculous. You would have to be personifying "music" in order for that argument to valid. If this is the case "No playing music" would mean "The music-which-has-been-given-form and is in the act of 'playing' is not allowed/must not be"... people need more education.
    Great comment thanks for the input.
    I knew it sounded ridiculous
    Have a random themeing/jaku question? Hit me up on twitter to avoid an off topic post. I am glad to help.
    @jimbohurt

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HotBlack View Post
    And that's exactly what I meant

iPhone? More like MyPhone soidroidios's Avatar
    Thanks

Why did this turn out into a Grammar Nazi conquest? Chill. What's important is people get it. Not how professors would grade it.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to soidroidios For This Useful Post:

danesusername (11-27-2012)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by soidroidios View Post
    Why did this turn out into a Grammar Nazi conquest? Chill. What's important is people get it. Not how professors would grade it.
    Thank you

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

The response of the buttons is crappy as hell.

Green Apple
    Thanks

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12