Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 29 of 29

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Add An Elegant Music Control Widget to Notification Center

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Shepherd1196 View Post
    It works both ways. The other way is more common but this isn't simple math, there's more than one correct answer. I think, I'm a freshman in HS so I'm not too sure.
    I think you are right. Good point. It isn't clear cut right or wrong.

    But one screams 'Im a noob at English!' and the other says 'I speak normally.' And this tweak is very much the former.

    Haha so I would rather not have a tweak that visually looks like a person with 3rd grade English speaking skills made it.
    Have a random themeing/jaku question? Hit me up on twitter to avoid an off topic post. I am glad to help.
    @jimbohurt

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by JimboHurt View Post
    I think you are right. Good point. It isn't clear cut right or wrong.

    But one screams 'Im a noob at English!' and the other says 'I speak normally.' And this tweak is very much the former.

    Haha so I would rather not have a tweak that visually looks like a person with 3rd grade English speaking skills made it.
    Yeah. I see what you're saying. And I realized the difference, your using 'playing' as a verb and it's using it as an adjective, very uncommon; but still right lol

  3. #23
    there is no possible way to describe "No playing music" as correct in English. it must be "NOT playing music" or "No music playing". Using "playing" as an adjective in this case is utterly ridiculous. You would have to be personifying "music" in order for that argument to valid. If this is the case "No playing music" would mean "The music-which-has-been-given-form and is in the act of 'playing' is not allowed/must not be"... people need more education.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by HotBlack View Post
    there is no possible way to describe "No playing music" as correct in English. it must be "NOT playing music" or "No music playing". Using "playing" as an adjective in this case is utterly ridiculous. You would have to be personifying "music" in order for that argument to valid. If this is the case "No playing music" would mean "The music-which-has-been-given-form and is in the act of 'playing' is not allowed/must not be"... people need more education.
    Great comment thanks for the input.
    I knew it sounded ridiculous
    Have a random themeing/jaku question? Hit me up on twitter to avoid an off topic post. I am glad to help.
    @jimbohurt

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by HotBlack View Post
    there is no possible way to describe "No playing music" as correct in English. it must be "NOT playing music" or "No music playing". Using "playing" as an adjective in this case is utterly ridiculous. You would have to be personifying "music" in order for that argument to valid. If this is the case "No playing music" would mean "The music-which-has-been-given-form and is in the act of 'playing' is not allowed/must not be"... people need more education.
    And that's exactly what I meant

  6. #26
    Why did this turn out into a Grammar Nazi conquest? Chill. What's important is people get it. Not how professors would grade it.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to soidroidios For This Useful Post:

    danesusername (11-27-2012)

  8. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by soidroidios View Post
    Why did this turn out into a Grammar Nazi conquest? Chill. What's important is people get it. Not how professors would grade it.
    Thank you

  9. #28
    The response of the buttons is crappy as hell.

  10. #29

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •