+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Prevent the Deletion of Home Screen Bookmarks With 'BookLock'

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Prevent the Deletion of Home Screen Bookmarks With 'BookLock'

When people get ahold of your iPhone, voluntarily or involuntarily, sometimes you donít end up getting your iPhone back the same way you left it. You might end up with icons moved around or missing from your home screen, or some settings might be changed because the person playing with your iPhone was curious. If you like adding home screen bookmarks to your home screen from Mobile Safari, these are probably precious bookmarks you donít want to lose either since you bookmarked them for a reason.

A new jailbreak tweak is now live in Cydia dubbed BookLock by iOS developer Sirex. With BookLock, you can avoid having your precious home screen bookmarks, from the Web, deleted. This will keep curiosity from killing the cat and help ensure that your home screen bookmarks arenít deleted without your permission. As shown above, BookLock will make sure the black ĎXí will be missing from the home screen bookmark icon when you enter jiggle mode so it canít be deleted.

To use BookLock, you simply enable and disable it from the preferences pane, which you will find in the Settings application after you install the tweak. The preferences pane has no other options Ė enabling the tweak will keep your home screen bookmarks from being deleted and disabling the tweak will allow your home screen bookmarks to be deleted:

BookLock comes with an obvious flaw, that anyone with access to your iOS device can easily go into your Settings application and disable the tweak if they want to remove a bookmark from your home screen. But again, the question arises: Is everyone one-hundred percent sure that you have BookLock installed and are they guaranteed to know how to enable and disable it? Chances are, BookLock will keep you secure from about 70% of the population since people won't even think twice about it when they can't delete one of your home screen bookmarks, but it's still a risk you have to take.

We would have to hope that a future version of the tweak will have some kind of passcode protection measure so that people can't disable the tweak without knowing your pasccode.

Name: BookLock
    Price: $1
    Version: 1.0
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Sirex
    Editor's Rating:  3/5

Sources: Sirex

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

$1 for this "tweak"? No, thanks...

Thanks

There's a lot of tweaks made to protect your phone front people changing settings and deleting things, are there really that many people that instantly start changing other peoples **** on other peoples phones? Personally it's never happened to me, but by the looks of Cydia there's just loads of people that like to create minor inconveniences for their friends.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Never had anyone touch my bookmarks or ANYTHING on my phone. Think I'll pass...

Green Apple
    Thanks

yeah no this isnt worth the price

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Lol.. Feel free to delete any apps Including ones with settings or lots of data on them or even ones that will take hours to redownload but don't you dare delete the links that I probably have memorized and could readd in a minute

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

So this guy made a tweak where, using the picture as an example, you can't delete the ModMyi bookmark but you could still delete Chrome which would have a ton of bookmarks, likely including ModMyi.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    We home screen bookmarks for new chrome browser. only thing I'm missing

Thanks

speaking of homescreen bookmarks, modmyi needs a bookmark icon

Thanks

Springtomize2

iPhone? More like MyPhone soidroidios's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by brodimus View Post
    So this guy made a tweak where, using the picture as an example, you can't delete the ModMyi bookmark but you could still delete Chrome which would have a ton of bookmarks, likely including ModMyi.
    Yeah, what he could do is to allow us to choose which ones are non deletable. By then, the tweak will be worth that extra buck

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iTouch-Warrior View Post
    $1 for this "tweak"? No, thanks...
    agreed