Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
iPhone Newsforums, a part of the
07-02-2012, 10:30 AM #1
iOS Squashes Android With 65% Mobile Browser Share Last Month
According to the latest data presented by the folks at Net Applications, Apple had a phenomenal month of June in the mobile browser space, particularly with regard to thwarting Android in a very, very convincing manner.
The facts of the matter are pretty difficult to disregard or overlook. As it turns out, Apple’s iOS claimed a staggering 65 percent of the mobile browser share last month. How about Android you ask? Google's still hugely popular mobile operating system only grabbed 20 percent in comparison.
During the last twelve months, however, both Android and iOS have increased in popularity and market share across a wide array of categories. All gains, of course, have come at someone's expense - usually BlackBerry. But just since late last summer, Apple’s mobile browser share has climbed from just north of 50% all the way to 65%.
And as far as the losers in the game? Well, BlackBerry and Nokia’s Symbian platforms have continued to struggle. BlackBerry now retains a sad 1.33 percent of the market. Nokia’s share is hardly better at 1.49 percent. But Microsoft’s mobile platform market share has the most room for improvement at just 0.61 percent.
Source: Net Applications
07-02-2012, 12:05 PM #2
If only iOS had a decent browser
07-02-2012, 01:14 PM #3
I know, right? Imagine if it had Chrome or iCab Mobile.
07-02-2012, 01:23 PM #4
Run that report at the end of the month and you'll see that advantage completely disappear with the release of GOOGLE Chrome, which is the number one rated app on the app store.
07-02-2012, 01:35 PM #5
07-02-2012, 01:50 PM #6
Why do you all hate safari for iOS? (I know it's not the best on comps). It is easy to use and does its job. What can't you do with it? You can easily search go to previous/next page there's an easy URL you can go to bookmarks history add little links in your homescreen. What's wrong with it? You want faster speeds then get on faster wifi or a better server
07-02-2012, 02:51 PM #7
You can also change the UAString on Android pretty easily along with using browsers that dont' show they are on Android to deliver desktop webpages on mobile devices. These numbers are flawed.
07-02-2012, 04:56 PM #8
07-02-2012, 05:48 PM #9
07-02-2012, 07:10 PM #10
07-02-2012, 09:11 PM #11
in all honesty I really like safari... its one of the fastest for the iphone and the most stable, so i cant really complain
07-02-2012, 10:55 PM #12
i had no problems using safari on the iphone, but chrome is far superior on the mac. that's why i'm trying chrome on my iphone now. i can't really tell the difference.
07-03-2012, 12:36 AM #13
I mean, iOS is already 65%, so that leaves 35%.
Now the share of non-iOS and non-Andriod platforms cannot be inaccurate, right?
So what is left is Andriod+Other, which is 20%+1% = 21%.
07-03-2012, 07:38 AM #14
07-03-2012, 10:38 AM #15
You've just been lawyered.
07-03-2012, 10:44 AM #16
The guys suggesting these numbers are wrong really need to learn about how the data is collected before making up conspiracy theories. As for the comment about chrome bring just a theme for safari: hopefully the poster is joking and is not seriously so willfully ignorant.
07-04-2012, 02:33 AM #17
07-05-2012, 01:38 AM #18
Last edited by Agent929; 07-05-2012 at 01:43 AM.War is my mission. Killing is my ambition.
07-05-2012, 07:25 AM #19
I guess, people have to turn on their browser for the most part while Android users live with just the apps? Besides, most android users browse the net in Desktop mode. This modifies the "name" of the browser into PC instead of android phone so that they can view the whole PC experience. There is very little credibility to "browser" usage and it's effect in Market share. Still, way to go iOS! Woot!