+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Best Tweaks of the Week 6/25 - 7/1

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Here are the best jailbreak creations for the week of June 25th until today, July 1st as per the opinion of our staff. This is a weekly recap. 1. Safari
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Best Tweaks of the Week 6/25 - 7/1

Here are the best jailbreak creations for the week of June 25th until today, July 1st as per the opinion of our staff. This is a weekly recap.

1. Safari Download Manager - $5.00

Safari Download Manager by iOS developer Dustin Howett isn't exactly what we would call "new," however it was finally updated with iOS 5 (and 6) support this week. It breaks the week's best tweak because it offers extremely handy functionality: the ability to download files to your file system using Mobile Safari. The update has been long looked forward to by many owners of the tweak and people waiting to buy it. It works best with a file browser like iFile so you can view and manage the files that you download to your device. It includes some handy options and has a gorgeous appearance that we would expect from Apple themselves if they every implemented something like this.

2. BrowserChooser - FREE

BrowserChooser by iOS developer Ryan Petrich allows you to pick a default Web browser for iOS. It includes support for Google Chrome, however it works with countless other popular iOS Web browsers such as Opera and Mercury. After you enable this tweak, all links you open from any application will open in the Web browser that you choose to be your default. This tweak is your free, one-way ticket to getting away from Mobile Safari for good.

3. VoiceSearch - FREE

VoiceSearch is a new free jailbreak tweak by iOS developer Guillermo Moran that allows the user to Google from anywhere using their voice. The tweak, once installed, will use Activator. Invoking the action you choose will open an interface where you can speak and then tap on the 'done' button to perform a Google search query with your default Web browser. The web browser will load up with the question you spoke in the Google search bar and the results will yield to whatever you asked. It's handy for when you should be hands-free and don't have Siri or Siri Dictation installed.

4. ChromeCustomize - FREE

ChromeCustomize by iOS developer Ryan Petrich allows you to change around the animation of Google Chrome when you switch between tabs – you can choose between the detailed iPhone animation or the simple iPad animation. Additionally, you can change the function of the "Read Later" button from the Google Chrome menu so that it will perform a Javascript function of your choice – simply copy and paste the Javascript function into the preferences pane to perform it when you tap on the "Read Later" button. This is great for stuff like the Instapaper bookmarklet.

Stay tuned for next week's best tweaks - only on ModMyi!

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 4,203 Posts

I got em all

iPhone? More like MyPhone ccoltmanm's Avatar
    Thanks

Haha, it seems like you add last minute tweaks just to populate these posts.

Thanks

I got sdm, great tweak. Took forever for an update though.

Thanks

Very good tweaks this week
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide

Green Apple
    Thanks

You guys need to get off Petrich's **** and give some other people some credit sometimes... browser changer has been around longer and also allows the set default browser to open google maps and youtube as well.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HotBlack View Post
    You guys need to get off Petrich's **** and give some other people some credit sometimes... browser changer has been around longer and also allows the set default browser to open google maps and youtube as well.
    maybe if you list a few that are up to date for iOS 5.1.1, some people would check them out! But there's no **** riding on NEW tweaks and beside that GoogleChrome just came out, what tweaks would you recommend that Petrich didn't create?

Thanks

Nothing against Ryan but Browser Changer has more options and was updated to support Chrome the same day. Sticking with what I am used to.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

i downloaded voicesearch but haven't figured out how to activate the darn thing. do i shake my phone or something?

Green Apple
    Thanks

I really like the voicesearch... so convenient for arguements with my friends hahaha

My iPhone is a Part of Me thevmax's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hank197857 View Post
    i downloaded voicesearch but haven't figured out how to activate the darn thing. do i shake my phone or something?
    You need to use activator. Pick a way to activate voice search and use it.
    I use long hold on home button.
    Hope this helps...

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

thanks, max