Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Three KickStarter Projects You Should Kick Start

Default Three KickStarter Projects You Should Kick Start

Tablift
    Pledge Goal: $78,000

Amount Raised: $37,931
    Days To Go: 11

Lying down and holding your iPad just plain sucks. In no way is it comfortable, and there are far too few solutions to alleviate the issue and prevent your arms from going numb. The Tablift aims to cure the problem, but if can only do so if it gets funded. Early birds can pledge $60 or more and secure a Tablift of their own, which is $30 cheaper than the planned retail price (which is way too expensive).

idoStand
    Pledge Goal: $20,000
    Amount Raised: $4,916
    Days To Go: 27

While there are a number of stand solutions, and even stand-case solutions already out there in iPhone accessory land, but few look as good as idoStand. The case allows users to prop up their iPhone in landscape or portrait all with a minimalistic bumper design. Best part, these things aren’t that expensive. A pledge of $15 or more gets you an idoStand and a pledge of $28 or more gets you a two-pack. These things will retails for $40 once in the wild and the expensive stealth version pictured above will retail for $60 (made out of aircraft grade aluminum).

Momentum Precision Aluminum Case for iPhone
    Pledge Goal: $8,000
    Amount Raise: $660

Now, this is an IndieGoGo campaign, which is almost exactly like KickStarter, except that the project doesn’t need to reach its funding goal to get the money pledged. If they raise $300, the project receives that much minus IndieGoGo’s cut.

Anyway, the Momentum PRecision Aluminum Case is an aluminum bumper case with a slight twist, it doesn’t require screws to secure the case around the phone. Using a securing system dubbed “Fast Loc” the Momentum case can put on and taken off in seconds instead of minutes without fear of losing tiny, tiny screws. Pledges start at $40 and that secures you a case, and $50 snags you a custom two-color variant.

No offense but these all seem really pointless. I mean, if you want a stand for a tablet just go preorder the windows surface. If you want a kickstand, just make one out of a paper clip. And the last one is just completely pointless. No reason for it at all.

No reason for the last one at all? Have you ever tried to put on some of these aluminum cases like TikTok's offering or their iPod nano watch encasings? Screws, screws and more screws. Once your phone is in the case there's no taking it out unless you have immediate access to a screw driver.

Quote Originally Posted by PokemonDesigner View Post
    No offense but these all seem really pointless. I mean, if you want a stand for a tablet just go preorder the windows surface. If you want a kickstand, just make one out of a paper clip. And the last one is just completely pointless. No reason for it at all.
    I totally agree. All pointless.
    Some Kickstarter projects are fantastic but these are just. Nah.,
    apple has just about broken even with the amount of iDevices i've bricked...

Quote Originally Posted by Spoooner View Post
    I totally agree. All pointless.
    Some Kickstarter projects are fantastic but these are just. Nah.,
    But, that's the point of crowd funded projects is it not? The people decide if the idea is worthy, and if it is the project will eventually be funded, if it isn't it falls into entrepreneurial oblivions.

I mean, if you want a stand for a tablet just go preorder the windows surface.
    So if I want a stand for my iPad you suggest buying a Surface? Lol!
    MacBook Pro i7
    Dell XPS

One way to "alleviate the issue and prevent your arms from going numb," lift some weights you panzies.

I like the last case but really am not looking to spend any more money on my iPhone when a new one will be out in a few months with (hopefully) a new design...I'll wait until then

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip Swanson View Post
    But, that's the point of crowd funded projects is it not? The people decide if the idea is worthy, and if it is the project will eventually be funded, if it isn't it falls into entrepreneurial oblivions.
    I agree entirely. That's what it's for, but none of these projects get my stamp of approval hence i'm not supporting it
    apple has just about broken even with the amount of iDevices i've bricked...

My iPhone is a Part of Me buggsy2's Avatar
    Thanks

Quit trolling. Someone wants a stand for their iPad, just order a windows tablet?!? A paper clip kickstand, you must have seen that on a "You Know You're a Redneck When…" site. And the last one makes sense if, for instance, you have to use a dock station in a car or elsewhere that is for the opposite way your iPhone is cased.

I mean, if you want a stand for a tablet just go preorder the windows surface.
    Absolutely a good point here Windows Fan boy. I will switch to a inferior software operating user experience for the sole reasoning that Microsoft spent more attention with their hardware contractors than they did with their software contractors.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

If you want a stand go order a surface? REALLY?!?!?! Why am I wasting my time on your completely ignorant comment anyway?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Thanks

I like my pad naked

Guys if you want a Stand for you iPad go buy another tablet don't worry there's an app on the surface so that it will act as a stand for the iPad. That's probably as much damage it will do to te iPad users:P.

These kick starters are lame!!

i only clicked on this article to see if there were more pics of the girl, how wrong was i

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

speaking from experience with aluminum bumpers they all just obliterate your signal reception..

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jn1rz1 View Post
    speaking from experience with aluminum bumpers they all just obliterate your signal reception..
    cep't the new lunatik aluminum case which is also being kickstarted. you only lose half a bar. not too bad

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jn1rz1 View Post
    Hi! I'm Mark Donohoe, the creator of The Momentum. I know exactly what you mean about those signal bars which is precisely why I designed this case with the diagonal slots in the side as to not block the signal the way a standard case would. Additionally, the phone itself is held cushioned in rubber bumpers on the inside so the aluminum frame doesn't actually touch the sides as it does in most other cases. Signal reception was one of the biggest hurdles to overcome. For me with an iPhone 4 (not even the 4S), I lose on average about a half bar, and this from the phone that could lose two just by holding it different!

Quote Originally Posted by trevorrawson View Post
    I like the last case but really am not looking to spend any more money on my iPhone when a new one will be out in a few months with (hopefully) a new design...I'll wait until then
    Funny you should say that. This is Mark Donohoe, the creator of The Momentum. I've actually been considering an offer for all backers of The Momentum to get $20 off our iPhone 5 version of The Momentum when it comes out. That way, even if you sell your case for $30 on eBay, you'd still be up ten. And even so, at $40 to start when most simple plastic shells are at $30 and heck... stickers are at $20, it really is a steal.

Plus, one drop from your phone not protected will cost you more than my iPhone 4/4S *and* my iPhone 5 version (and a few other things too!)

Feel free to write me directly at Mark [a](t) InertialDesign{dot}com if you have any questions.

Quote Originally Posted by mmaboi21 View Post
    I like my pad naked
    mmaboi21, stay tuned! We're about to release something specifically for people like you. After all, I feel exactly the same way! Keep checking InertialDesign.com as well as Kickstarter. It should be released by next week, if not sooner.
    Last edited by MarqueIV; 07-02-2012 at 08:53 PM.

i really like the idostand... it looks like a relatively secure case and i like the idea of how it opens and closes

iPhone? More like MyPhone Beastly L92's Avatar
    Thanks

First one is alright. I'm yet to see ANY aluminum case that wasn't a signal murderer, not to mention the cheap looking anodized finish will be scratched to sh*t in a month.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast