Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Chrome for iOS Already the No. 1 Downloaded Free App in the App Store

I have been using skyfire as my go to browser. Im gonna give chrome a shot and see how it is.

HOLY FAST!
    Chrome is fast...
    Last edited by floyd27; 06-30-2012 at 04:24 PM.

The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by purplemonkeyspank View Post
    Downloaded chrome for the iPhone yesterday and really like it! Don't plan on using it much until I can either jailbreak and tweak something to set as default browser or apple at some point allow third party browsers to be set as default. Whichever comes 1st...
    Also check out Browser Chooser and BrowserChanger

secret moderator... Please hit that THANKS button over there if I helped you in any single way

Anyone else having trouble getting to modmyi from chrome? Every time I try to come here on my ipad it warns me the site is not safe. When I click proceed anyway it takes me to amazon.com. Weird. But besides that I love chrome

I'm just wondering why MMI is acting like browserchooser is the ONLY JB Tweak for making Chrome your default iOS browser?

There are 2 others and one of them has existed for a while also supporting msny more 3rd party browsers.

lol never had any problems with iphones safari. its better then most phone browsers just simple.

also reviews mean nothing this early haha. just look at facebook it has 2 star review just cause people are too demanding.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ruthless Killa8 View Post
    Anyone else having trouble getting to modmyi from chrome? Every time I try to come here on my ipad it warns me the site is not safe. When I click proceed anyway it takes me to amazon.com. Weird. But besides that I love chrome
    Mine does the same thing and I know a couple more that does it

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Oh yeah mine does that too. It either routes me to amazon or it gives me a warning page

Quote Originally Posted by bimmercub View Post
    I do not like that there is no way to opt out of automatically sending usage stats to google.
    I do not like that there is no way to opt out of automatically sending usage stats to Apple with every app.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kyphur View Post
    I'm just wondering why MMI is acting like browserchooser is the ONLY JB Tweak for making Chrome your default iOS browser?

There are 2 others and one of them has existed for a while also supporting msny more 3rd party browsers.
    These two others supported chrome first? Because this one was ULTRA fast. Like less than 24 hours fast. Usually first means you get the credit. It's how things go.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Thanks

... its missing a super basic feature....

refresh

Thanks
    Thanked 10,200 Times in 6,210 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by purplemonkeyspank View Post
    Downloaded chrome for the iPhone yesterday and really like it! Don't plan on using it much until I can either jailbreak and tweak something to set as default browser or apple at some point allow third party browsers to be set as default. Whichever comes 1st...
    BrowserChooser in Cydia, free app on Ryan Petrich repo. I find this to work best.
    rpetrich/repo/

Quote Originally Posted by Zeal View Post

refresh
    Menu button, then top right.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Still can't git it to load with mmi app gonna keep messing with it.

My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bimmercub View Post
    I do not like that there is no way to opt out of automatically sending usage stats to google.
    Huh? Im pretty positive it asked me if I WANTED to send usage data to Google to help improve the app. To opt out of this......It was as simple as......not checking the check box that that clearly asks you that exact question..
    El Zurdo

Thanks
    Thanked 15,551 Times in 7,110 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iLoveWindows&iPhone View Post
    Huh? Im pretty positive it asked me if I WANTED to send usage data to Google to help improve the app. To opt out of this......It was as simple as......not checking the check box that that clearly asks you that exact question..
    Ya, saw same thing. I'd assume it's just a do not agree type of thing If you don't want to do it. Personally I don't see the harm in sending data. Will "hopefully" allow it to get better.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeal View Post

refresh
    you actually can do that. next to the adress bar there is a menu button which looks like 3 horizontal lines. press that and it has a "add to bookmarks" and "stop/refrsh" button, plus other settings
    "

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    These two others supported chrome first? Because this one was ULTRA fast. Like less than 24 hours fast. Usually first means you get the credit. It's how things go.
    Browser Changer existed before the other 2 and supported Chrome less than 24 hrs after Chrome was in the appstore. It also supports just about every 3rd party browser for iOS...

Have you tried Safari Download Enabler? Works just as well, and has been IOS 5 compatible for awhile.

My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

I wonder if Apple is getting jealous that the JB scene is starting to put more focus on, and finally showing its hidden love for Google!.......Having the JB scene to help improve, tweak, fix, secure, create, and integrate for iOS and all of its Apps is, and always has been, one of Apples best and most important assets....

Now it looks like us Jailbreakers are flirting a lil bit, lil bit, with our secret love, Google. Well.....Chrome, actually.

Chrome is that sexy girl you have always wanted, and have had a huge crush on. Problem was, you could only see her when your wife (your iPhone) wasn't around...Your wife did not like Chrome, and for obvious reasons! Chrome did....things....lots of things, that, well......your wife just couldn't, or wouldn't do.

And now, to your surprise....That girl, the girl of your dreams, has moved into the neighborhood! Unfortunately, your wife.....has done something horrible.

Fearing she could quickly, and easily steal you away with her..."abilities", looks, and "ease of use"...Your wife decided she needed to at least slow her down. So, she got out an ax, and brutally chopped Chrome's legs off...

Yet your wife underestimated Chrome, and your love for her. She may be slower now...(since she has no legs because your wife chopped them off with an axe and won't give them back!)....But she is stll just as beautiful, and can still do all of your favorite....tricks, just...a bit slower!
    El Zurdo

Well duh google is awesome

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast