Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: California Court Grants Apple Ban On Sale of Galaxy Nexus

Default California Court Grants Apple Ban On Sale of Galaxy Nexus

A California court granted Apple a preliminary injunction against Samsung’s Galaxy Nexus phone today, piling on an earlier decision to ban the sale of the Galaxy Tab 10.1.

After a week filled with news surrounding Google’s I/O conference this injunction is a damper on an otherwise buzz-worthy week for Google, and their production partner Samsung. Judge Lucy Koh granted Apple’s request of a preliminary injunction against the Galaxy Nexus with the sales ban going into effect immediately after Apple pays the $96 million bond.

Judge Koh cited U.S. Patent No. 8,086,604 which covers Siri voice commands and a unified search functionality. Other patents cited in the case include U.S. patents:

• 8,086,604- “universal interface for retrieval of information in a computer system”
    • 8,074,172- “method, system and graphical user interface for providing word recommendations”
    • 8,046,721- The famous slide to unlock patent
    • 5,946,647- “system and method for performing an action on a structure in computer generated data.” This was previously used successfully against HTC in a case levied before the International Trade Commission.

With Google’s flagship Android device off the shelves for the time being, it’ll be interesting how the Galaxy S III and other Android device sales are influenced by the devices absence as well as the iPhone. While the preliminary injunction is by no means a final verdict, it is possible Apple could see some sort of restitution in addition to the injunction as the trial advances.

Source: AppleInsider

Apple is out of control. I'm sorry, but this is just ludicrous to think that Apple can control what is bought and sold. This week I happen to have a good friend who works for customs tell me they had to search and go through pallets of HTC products due to them not being allowed in the country because of Apple's patent war. One V's and EVO Design's were what they were digging through. It's out of control.

This is so ***! Gosh apple grow some balls. Stop trying to kill the competition and actually innovate once in a while. They are just money hungry bullies. Which is why I can't wait for the Windows 8 phones and the Windows Surface Tablet and computers.

http://www.vicrosdesigns.net/imgs/DNsigv3.png

Thats one reason why I don't buy iPhone's anymore. Apple people are the theives.

Stryker

Quote Originally Posted by Slimz View Post
    Apple is out of control. I'm sorry, but this is just ludicrous to think that Apple can control what is bought and sold. This week I happen to have a good friend who works for customs tell me they had to search and go through pallets of HTC products due to them not being allowed in the country because of Apple's patent war. One V's and EVO Design's were what they were digging through. It's out of control.
    agreed. talk about monopoly.

apple is pathetic but samsung is too throwing as many products as they can in the market and believe me they havent tested half of them. the only ones worthwile are the galaxy tabs.

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,757 Times in 753 Posts

Any of you remember the mid 90's what MS did to Apple that caused Apple to lose Millions of $$$$$$$$$$$$$. Yes i know that Apple got the software from Xerox and all of that. Sorry but if someone took my improved idea of the GUI OS? I'd be protecting any future products too. Apple learned that playing nice with other companies only leads to betrayal. So???? No more Mr. nice guy! LMAO :P

My iPhone is a Part of Me delusion950's Avatar
    Thanks

Now we need petition or some kind of movement for people to stop buying Apple products for a week, maybe they'll allow competition then. Only consumers can teach Apple a lesson.

And is here any other god damn court besides California?

I need to get my Galaxy S III before apple bans that too.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Hrmmm I was thinking about picking up one of these. They're $349 unlocked straight from Google, guess I better hurry.

I do like Android devices but I think windows is a more future proof way to go. However the SGS3 is awesome.

http://www.vicrosdesigns.net/imgs/DNsigv3.png

This is ridiculous. Looks like Apple is trying to become a monopoly. Even though they 'steal' everything from others, they are trying to force others not to do any business. Share holders need to re-think of investing in such a company.

At the end of the day if there are legit copyright infringements then apple did nothing wrong! Why wouldn't they pursue stopping them. That's why they had stuff patented. These other guys are well aware of what those things are so if they choose to implement those protected features this is the price they pay. If apples accusations had no Merritt it would be thrown out.
    Last edited by Pinoy; 06-29-2012 at 10:19 PM.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pinoy For This Useful Post:

Carvensno (06-29-2012), eZStaR (06-29-2012)

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,757 Times in 753 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pinoy View Post
    At the end of the day if there are legit copyright infringements then apple did nothing wrong! Why wouldn't they pursue stopping them. That's why they had stuff patented. These other guys are well aware of what those things are so if they choose to implement those protected features this is the price they pay. If apples accusations had no Merritt it would be thrown out.
    +1 thanks

Exactly.

-Win7 Ultimate Retail Dualboot with Mac OSX 10.5.8 On PC, Core 2 Duo, 4GBRam, 300GB Drive, 500GB External, Nvidia Geforce 8400GS

This is a sad day for consumers.

iPhone? More like MyPhone MaStA819's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by delusion950 View Post
    Now we need petition or some kind of movement for people to stop buying Apple products for a week, maybe they'll allow competition then. Only consumers can teach Apple a lesson.

And is here any other god damn court besides California?
    I've already decided that I will never buy another Apple product because of their ridiculous lawsuits and because they want too much power over what people do on their own devices.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by redapex View Post
    Hrmmm I was thinking about picking up one of these. They're $349 unlocked straight from Google, guess I better hurry.
    Just got mine at 12:35am order confirmed. Satisfied. WIN! Suck it!

Much agreed, +1

This is too much. Its really too much. Someone from the govt. needs to find out who is Apple bribing to.... Seriously, this is not possible without high level contacts, lobbying, influence and above all BRIBE....

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast