Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Make Google Chrome Your Default iOS Browser With 'BrowserChooser'

Green Apple
    Thanks
    All my bookmarks synced from my laptop to my iphone. Just sign in to your google account on both devices. Really enjoying the browser so far

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

See I figure you can sync to the laptop and vice versa, but I have bookmarks saved in mobile safari that I don't have on my laptop (I do most of my MMi mobile). I think it's easier just to copy/paste the bookmarks, but I'm sure there's a way to export the bookmarks from safari and import them into Chrome. But that'd require some SSH or iFile work, not even sure if what I'm imagining exists lol.

Quote Originally Posted by morbidpete View Post
    its called "browser changer" it was updated this morning to support chrome. It better then this tweek because it allows springboard bookmarks to open in chrome also. This tweek still opened them in safari
    Yep, installed Browser Changer lastnight and e-mailed the developer about Chrome support. Look how responsive he is, updated with support for Chrome and a few others today!

Browser Changer supports many (maybe all) 3rd party iOS Browsers!

Needs an SB settings toggle, so until then I'll wait for BrowserChanger to be updated...

Quote Originally Posted by Lohand View Post
    Needs an SB settings toggle, so until then I'll wait for BrowserChanger to be updated...
    -------
    Updated as i was typing. Cool...
    Last edited by Lohand; 06-29-2012 at 02:09 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Left the Mac book at the house and kicking myself doing it so have to wait to git home. But it will give me something to do when bored

Thanks
    Thanked 1,757 Times in 894 Posts

Anyone worked out how to refresh in Chrome? I know you can g to the address bar and do it that way but it's too many steps!

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

This is another example of functionality I would be willing to pay for. It seems the things that I am willing to pay for are free. The things that I am NOT willing to pay for not only cost money, but I find them to be way overpriced, LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by didithu View Post
    Long time ago, dud!

Bzzt. Wrong. Firefox Home is a utility to sync bookmarks only, it is not a web browser. It passes along all web surfing duties to your default installed browser.

There probably won't be Firefox on iOS for a long while, if ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Mozilla/Firefox Wiki
    We have no plans to release the full Firefox browser for iOS. The iOS SDK agreement requires apps to use Apple's own JavaScript engine (or none at all, like Opera Mini which downloads pre-rendered pages from Opera's servers and cannot run JavaScript code in the client). Because of this, we have no supported way to distribute Firefox's rendering and JavaScript engine to iPhone users.
    However, you can download Firefox Home for iPhone, an iOS app that uses Firefox Sync to deliver Firefox bookmarks, browsing history, and tabs to your iPhone or iPod Touch.
    https://wiki.mozilla.org/Mobile/Platforms

Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    See I figure you can sync to the laptop and vice versa, but I have bookmarks saved in mobile safari that I don't have on my laptop (I do most of my MMi mobile). I think it's easier just to copy/paste the bookmarks, but I'm sure there's a way to export the bookmarks from safari and import them into Chrome. But that'd require some SSH or iFile work, not even sure if what I'm imagining exists lol.
    On the computer you can export bookmarks from Safari and import them into Chrome. The Chrome will sync to iOS.
    Last edited by Fofer; 06-29-2012 at 03:03 PM.

Thanks

I have the bookmarks on mobile safari not safari on my laptop. What a handful to have to take them from my phone then put it on my laptop then move it to chrome then sync to my phone.

Quote Originally Posted by KraXik View Post
    Anyone worked out how to refresh in Chrome? I know you can g to the address bar and do it that way but it's too many steps!
    You press the menu button (next to the tabs button) and hit the refresh button at the top of the menu.

iPhone? More like MyPhone evolution83's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    This is another example of functionality I would be willing to pay for. It seems the things that I am willing to pay for are free. The things that I am NOT willing to pay for not only cost money, but I find them to be way overpriced, LOL!
    Refresh is under the menu with the three lines in it, next to the tab button

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

Doesn't work when opening links from homepage still opens safari

Thanks
    Thanked 1,757 Times in 894 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post
    You press the menu button (next to the tabs button) and hit the refresh button at the top of the menu.
    Thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BenderRodriguez View Post
    What doesn't work. You on mobile
    App and opening like that ya talkin about?

I have the bookmarks on mobile safari not safari on my laptop. What a handful to have to take them from my phone then put it on my laptop then move it to chrome then sync to my phone.
    Handful? just turn on iCloud, it syncs them automatically. And if your bookmarks are that important, then you should be doing this anyway, if only for a backup!

Quote Originally Posted by BenderRodriguez View Post
    Use Browser Changer instead of BrowserChooser. That one makes springboard shortcuts open in the default browser you select.

Thanks

I have 5 bookmarks I already just made new ones in chrome lol. Thanks anyway.

Chrome doesn't support flash. Puffin does. Therefore this app should have support for Puffin as well. But Chrome is still better than Safari

Thanks

I have 5 bookmarks I already just made new ones in chrome lol. Thanks anyway.
    Must be nice to just have five lol

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by evolution83 View Post
    Refresh is under the menu with the three lines in it, next to the tab button
    Errr... thanks?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Quote Originally Posted by Serge96 View Post
    Chrome doesn't support flash. Puffin does. Therefore this app should have support for Puffin as well. But Chrome is still better than Safari
    It now supports Puffin as well.

BrowserChoose has been updated to version 0.9 – live on Ryan Petrich's repository. The update brings support for more Web browsers. Check the article (edited) to see the new Web browser support.
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 06-29-2012 at 04:55 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast