Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Google Launches Chrome Web Browser for iOS

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by robert a petersen View Post
    uh, those iphones are on different networks there buddy. You're not doing "safari vs. Chrome", you're doing "at&t vs. T-mobile".
    wifi!

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

I wish they knew they could make a better one for ios that isn't limited

..that's fishy if they are using two different phones. Also notice how one is jailbroken and unlocked compared to a phone that may not be jailbroken.

Also if they are by te same creator why would he use two different phones? And if it's not the same creator the wifi speeds could be different
    Last edited by Mrteacup; 06-28-2012 at 07:41 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Robert A Petersen View Post
    Uh, those iPhones are on different networks there buddy. You're not doing "Safari Vs. Chrome", you're doing "AT&T Vs. T-Mobile".
    Uh, you tried to be condescending and failed miserably there buddy.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Really... Speed Test's need to be conducted from the same type of phone. This is rubbish.

Chrome is definitely nice but im sticking with Skyfire (built-in flash video player)

Thanks

Wow..just downloaded for iOS 6. Got the new tag on it love that haha! Gonna give it a go and let you know. Ok ok i tried it..i like the animation but its a bit sluggish. I use Chrome on my MBP for work but use Safari on IOS and it will probably stay that way until this one speeds up :]

How does it compare to Atomic?

Chrome is kinda slow, and theres no homepage by default. I'll stick to safari, I think. I now have high hopes for iOS Firefox.

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    "Find on page" makes up for any shortcomings of the browser. Not being able to easily and intuitively search for text on a page in Safari a mere five years after its release is absurd.
    I know it took them forever to add it, but find in page has been a part of iOS since iOS 4. Type your search into the google search area then scroll down in the suggestions box and you will see an option to search the web page.

Quote Originally Posted by ziim View Post
    Really... Speed Test's need to be conducted from the same type of phone. This is rubbish.
    I don't have video proof, but chrome appears to be slower to load pages than safari in some cases. BUT, I believe it uses some tricks like preloading the top suggestion before you hit go, and preloading your most accessed pages when idle. Sometimes I can get pages to l literally load instantly.
    Last edited by ddonuts4; 06-28-2012 at 09:10 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me buggsy2's Avatar
    Thanks

What this finally proves to me is that browsers are ****** on iOS because of iOS, not because browser developers are idiots. Geez, why doesn't the DOJ pursue antitrust against apple.

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    "Find on page" makes up for any shortcomings of the browser. Not being able to easily and intuitively search for text on a page in Safari a mere five years after its release is absurd.
    You can. It is also pretty easy in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert A Petersen View Post
    Uh, those iPhones are on different networks there buddy. You're not doing "Safari Vs. Chrome", you're doing "AT&T Vs. T-Mobile".
    Not really, since they're both on the same Wi-Fi network the cellular provider has no leverage on the loading speed.

Quote Originally Posted by ddonuts4 View Post
    I don't have video proof, but chrome appears to be slower to load pages than safari in some cases. BUT, I believe it uses some tricks like preloading the top suggestion before you hit go, and preloading your most accessed pages when idle. Sometimes I can get pages to l literally load instantly.
    I think this too because when I first typed ModMyi.com in the address bar it showed the pop up for the ModMyi app without me pressing anything anything.
    Last edited by max53389; 06-29-2012 at 12:25 AM.

wow it even shows what tabs are open on PC or mac.amazing.

Alternative is good but is there really need of another browser when Safari is so good by itself? Is it 'grass is always greener on the other side' or something else

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm enjoying the new browser, I like a lot of the features. I don't find it sluggish at all. Switching tabs is very simple.

iPhone? More like MyPhone MaStA819's Avatar
    Thanks

The app as a whole to me is much more responsive than Safari. Can't wait to get rid of my iPhone and get an Android or Windows Phone!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12