+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Rumor: Battery Troubles Persist With 6th Gen iPhone

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
All is not a cake-walk for Apple when it comes to the production of the 6th generation iPhone. According to a new report from the far east that comes from
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,475 Times in 562 Posts

Default Rumor: Battery Troubles Persist With 6th Gen iPhone

All is not a cake-walk for Apple when it comes to the production of the 6th generation iPhone. According to a new report from the far east that comes from chatter within Apple's supply chain, the 6th generation iPhone has encountered no shortage of battery-related troubles during the early part of the production process.

Chinese tech news site Sina.com was the first to report the alleged problems, and word quickly spread across the blogosphere once Topeka Capital Markets analyst Brian White picked up the story and relayed it to investors.

It is important to note. however, that the true nature of the problem isn't known. We've only heard - but haven't been able to independently verify - that only one in three of the new batteries produced meets Apple's rigorous standards. For now, the battery vendor involved in the mess isn't known.

By all accounts, this problem isn't expected to impact the fall release of the next-gen device."If there is a battery challenge, we trust that Apple will be able to figure it out in time for a September launch," White says. White's projection counters the estimation of most analysts who believe October is more likely to bring the next-gen iPhone than September.

Source: Apple Insider

Banned
    Thanks

Well what a surprise, thank god my upgrade isnt til next march

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xhazex9x View Post
    Well what a surprise, thank god my upgrade isnt til next march
    I think they'll be able to fix it before they release it in 3 months

Green Apple
    Thanks

They'll sort it in time so I'm not bothered. And if it's not ready then Apple won't release anyway.
    I still want one :-D

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JollyRogger View Post
    They'll sort it in time so I'm not bothered. And if it's not ready then Apple won't release anyway.
    I still want one :-D
    I used to believe that until apple released the 4s with all the battery problems it had but i guess well find out soon enough

My iPhone is a Part of Me fanboyfanboy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xhazex9x View Post
    I used to believe that until apple released the 4s with all the battery problems it had but i guess well find out soon enough
    Honestly I have never found battery problems on the 4S, I got a 4S early December on Verizon and I've not ha a problem with battery, I can easily go a full day on a charge and I dot turn the brightness down and I use it a lot, it is jailbroken on 5.1.1 and also had it jb I 5.0.1 and both times haven't had an issue and if anything being jb should hurt my battery

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

The phone isn't even out yet and rumors are spreading that they're having battery problems?? This is ridiculous, nothing to see here......carry on with your daily life.

iPhone? More like MyPhone The Guz's Avatar
    Thanks

Eh it's just a rumor. The engineers will figure it out.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fanboyfanboy View Post
    Honestly I have never found battery problems on the 4S, I got a 4S early December on Verizon and I've not ha a problem with battery, I can easily go a full day on a charge and I dot turn the brightness down and I use it a lot, it is jailbroken on 5.1.1 and also had it jb I 5.0.1 and both times haven't had an issue and if anything being jb should hurt my battery
    The thing is even though you may not have the problem, obviously quite a few people who does.
    Just like Antennagate, proximity issues on iPhone 4's Apple addressed with a stupid phone bumper that goes bad in a couple of month. I had both of these issues which makes me thing twice about buying Apple products.

Apple's quality is going down the crapper, better fix this or else more will follow my lead.

My iPhone is a Part of Me vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

It's hilarious to read comments like "oh they'll figure it out or they'll fix it in 3 months". Did they ever fix the Antennagate? Not until the next generation iPhone came out. Took them more than a year to figure that out and changed the band positioning on the 4S.

I'm thinking they'll release the phone anyway coz people will buy it anyway coz battery issues or not, it's gonna be awesome.

I do own a 3G, 4, 4S, iPad 3 and iPod Touch 4G.

My iPhone is a Part of Me fanboyfanboy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by unison999 View Post
    The thing is even though you may not have the problem, obviously quite a few people who does.
    Just like Antennagate, proximity issues on iPhone 4's Apple addressed with a stupid phone bumper that goes bad in a couple of month. I had both of these issues which makes me thing twice about buying Apple products.

Apple's quality is going down the crapper, better fix this or else more will follow my lead.
    Yeah I understand that, I mean I hear a lot about the problem, guess I'm just fortunate to not have that problem, I've read online some people do and others don't, it's sort of just a hit and miss

Thanks
    I think any heavy smartphone user with a 4g phone knows that if it's a battery life issue, it's not that shocking. I was actually thinking that the rumored larger screen is so they can put a huge battery in the phone.

My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

Apple will release it...even if it does have problems. Look at the iphone 4s screen issue. A lot of you might not know about this...but it's real. Apple covered it up, and called it "a acceptable variance"...Modmyi never even wrote about it, most likely due to the fact that the writers are human, love Apple, and at the end of the day are quite biased (nothing wrong with that) and will follow Apples lead.

But the fact is, it had problems, BIG problems. I went through 3 yellowish screens before finally getting a acceptable one. I have looked at all of my friends 4s screens, putting them all side by side. And with about 30 people looking at 6 different iPhone 4s screens side by side, not one single person could say they all looked the same...

My point is...it will have problems, and Apple, along with Apple diehards, will ignore it, and say "it's normal".

I also wouldn't be surprised if the iPhone 5 (yea...iPhone 5 retards) comes out even later then October. Perhaps November, who knows, maybe even........next yearrr!! Why the rush? We all know we will buy it...whether its sept, oct, nov, or next year...I know I will!
    El Zurdo

iPhone? More like MyPhone Tperry's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by firetwuck View Post
    I think any heavy smartphone user with a 4g phone knows that if it's a battery life issue, it's not that shocking. I was actually thinking that the rumored larger screen is so they can put a huge battery in the phone.
    The iPhone has suddenly become a 4G device? Funny, here I thought it was a 3G device with a 4 series naming convention.
    Not a waterboy for Android OR Apple.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tperry View Post
    The iPhone has suddenly become a 4G device? Funny, here I thought it was a 3G device with a 4 series naming convention.

Doesn't the 4S show 4G on the statusbar when connected to a suitable network (not LTE)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Technically it shows 4G, but I believe it is not LTE. It's HSPA+ which they are considering as "4G" speeds.

Thanks

Yep 4G LTE can get as fast as 12 or 14 Mbps of download speed afaik
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide

iPhone? More like MyPhone Tperry's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by celeron View Post
    Yep 4G LTE can get as fast as 12 or 14 Mbps of download speed afaik
    Recently got 28 Mbps down and 14 up on a speed test shortly after our LTE towers started coming online.
    Not a waterboy for Android OR Apple.

Green Apple
    Thanks

how about the battery by iphone 5?

Thanks

They fixed it!
    Rumor: Battery Troubles Persist With 6th Gen iPhone-old-mobile-phone.jpg
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.