+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'MountainCenter' Makes Notification Center for iOS React Like OS X Mountain Lion

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Notification Center is a popular part of iOS to change animations for. Tweaks like Flowtation, Zephyr, and WeeRoll all add their own animation settings that make Notification Center appear to
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default 'MountainCenter' Makes Notification Center for iOS React Like OS X Mountain Lion

Notification Center is a popular part of iOS to change animations for. Tweaks like Flowtation, Zephyr, and WeeRoll all add their own animation settings that make Notification Center appear to open differently than Apple wanted it to. Today, another jailbreak tweak is joining the race in Notification Center animations. Say, "hi" to MountainCenter by iOS developers Jonas Gessner and iKy1e.

MountainCenter is called what it is because it takes the animation from OS X Mountain Lion (Apple’s upcoming new Mac operating system) and adds the animation to the iOS version of Notification Center. To use it, you just place your finger on the right side of the screen and pull toward the left to reveal Notification Center. If you're worried about this conflicting with other things or causing issues with application functions, you can change some settings around from the MountainCenter preferences pane that makes its way into the Settings application after the install:

The first thing you see is a switch that enables and disables the tweak on demand. After this, you will find the ability to set how many fingers you want to use to reveal Notification Center. This is the feature that will keep you from accidentally launching Notification Center when you don’t want to. You can use anywhere from one to five fingers to perform the action.

Right under the finger settings, you can choose to use the left or the right side of the screen, which is good if you are more comfortable using one hand instead of another. You can also adjust the sensitivity to the gesture to be either low, medium, or high – changing this will make Notification Center either easier or harder to open, which can help keep you from accidentally opening Notification Center when you don't mean to. The keyboard disables switch will keep the gestures from being recognized when you have a keyboard opened up.

If you are using MountainCetner on an iPad (Yes! It's also iPad compatible!), you will also see the option to have full-screen banners. This feature will fill the screen with the banner notifications instead of just being a tiny, iPhone-sized banner on the large iPad display.

Mountain Center is very fluid in its animations and it includes a nice drop shadow that follows your finger as you pull Notification Center out from under the interface you are in. It works from applications and from the home screen. You can also pull in the reverse direction that you opened Notification Center from to close Notification Center and the animation will be existent there too.

MountainCenter is great aesthetic add-on for iOS, so if you like changing the way things act or look, it’s definitely a high-quality tweak to look into.

Name: MountainCenter
    Price: $2.99
    Version: 1.0
    Requirements: iOS 5
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer(s): Jonas Gessner and iKy1e
    Editor's Rating: / 4.5/5

Sources: Jonas Gessner and iKy1e

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

Freerunnering (06-22-2012)

Thanks

Isn't their already a free tweak that does this?

Edit:
    The tweak is called "mountain lion center for iPad"

It's only for iPad though(works on my iPad 3)
    Last edited by mmaboi21; 06-22-2012 at 07:40 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Mr. Russian's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mmaboi21 View Post
    Isn't their already a free tweak that does this?

Edit:
    The tweak is called "mountain lion center for iPad"

It's only for iPad though(works on my iPad 3)
    This one is better.
    CHECK OUT THIS AWESOME THEME
    Windows Vista
    Follow me on Twitter - Mr_Russ1an

Green Apple
    Thanks

Did these guys seriously just rip off the free MountainLionCenter, add the option to slide out from the left, and charge $3?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by weeslo View Post
    Did these guys seriously just rip off the free MountainLionCenter, add the option to slide out from the left, and charge $3?
    It seems that way only they integrated a more customizable tweak/interface. Which for 3 bucks... Isn't worth it for me. Mountainlioncenter works great

Thanks

I don't see the point in this,swipe left or swipe right when you can just swipe down to get the the notification centre,seems like one of them tweaks just to say "look what I can do" or am I missing something?.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

$2.99 for an animation (there's really not much else)? No thanks.

Green Apple
    Thanks

slide down from top is the best way there is...its throughout the ios system, even in landscape mode...and wont this tweak mess up widget like stock and weather?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

awesome!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Anyone try this on the iPad with IntelliscreenX installed? I originally downloaded the free Mountain Lion Center for iPad - and while I really liked it, it did not play to well with ISX. basically, ISX on the lock screen would be pushed all th way to the right, as if the NC was opened on the lock screen. Kinda hard to explain, regardless had to uninstall it. So back to my original question - does MontainCenter play nicely with ISX on the iPad? Thanks!

My iPhone is a Part of Me Mr. Russian's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by noraa View Post
    Anyone try this on the iPad with IntelliscreenX installed? I originally downloaded the free Mountain Lion Center for iPad - and while I really liked it, it did not play to well with ISX. basically, ISX on the lock screen would be pushed all th way to the right, as if the NC was opened on the lock screen. Kinda hard to explain, regardless had to uninstall it. So back to my original question - does MontainCenter play nicely with ISX on the iPad? Thanks!
    Yes, it says so in the description.
    CHECK OUT THIS AWESOME THEME
    Windows Vista
    Follow me on Twitter - Mr_Russ1an

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesey123 View Post
    I don't see the point in this,swipe left or swipe right when you can just swipe down to get the the notification centre,seems like one of them tweaks just to say "look what I can do" or am I missing something?.
    The whole point is to make it more like Mountain Lions's notification center. They did it the correct way in ML. Instead of the notification center coming out on top of the screen in comes in from underneath like its supposed to. That's why it has the linens background, they use linen background as a "behind the scenes look" so it doesn't make sense for the NC to come out on top.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Better if u spend that money on the new boss.ios them so far am enjoying my iPhone again it's like brand now

Banned
    Thanks

Its kinda laggy NC works and looks way better coming down from the top anyway i could only see this being useful for ipad, and most of the time when i tried to swipe to pull it up it would just turn my springboard pages

Thanks

I've tried both MountainLionCenter and MountainCenter on my iPad 3, and MountainCenter runs much smoother and at least it doesn't interfere with intelliscreenx.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by weeslo View Post
    No, I started working on it a week before the other one was released, and @_maxner_ started the project a few months before that.

Thanks

It seems to eat up a lot of my ram, I used to hover at about 260-280 before I installed this, now I'm at about 150-170, I like it however the memory drain sucks, it causes the animation to lag slightly, it's mostly because I have a lot of tweaks installed, but regardless, it's a big drain

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iGamers View Post
    It seems to eat up a lot of my ram, I used to hover at about 260-280 before I installed this, now I'm at about 150-170
    This week can not cause that sort of memory usage. It consists mostly of returns different numbers for system methods (such as its height or width). This does not use images or anything else that can cause a sizeable increase in memory used.

Thanks

I'm not blaming the tweak solely, I may have worded it wrong, I also said its mostly due to the other tweaks I have installed, maybe it's just multiple tweaks that all affect notification center that causes the ram loss