Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'Just Type' Is A Drop-Dead Gorgeous Notes App for iOS

Default 'Just Type' Is A Drop-Dead Gorgeous Notes App for iOS

Alrighty folks, are you ready for a new Notes application that puts Apple’s stock Notes application to shame? Check out Just Type by Shubham Kedia. Not only is the application drop-dead gorgeous, but it is completely free in the iOS App Store! Everything about the application screams, "made with love" as the application icon, interface, and even the controls are all made to look great.

The application features everything Apple’s stock Notes application has (and more), but it offers a lot more than just an eye-candy interface. It turns out that under all of that great design is some really important functionality that Apple skimped us all out of. The application includes features such as several different fonts, changing the font size, bolding your text, color-coating the notes, and so much more.

There is also an action button at the bottom of the application interface that allows you to do any of the following with whatever you type into the application:
    • E-mail as text
    • E-mail as attachment
    • Message (SMS)
    • Print text
    • Copy text to clipboard

Along with the text formatting options, share options, and color options, there is also a delete button just as you would expect in a Notes application such as this one.

From the main part of the application where you find all of the notes you have created, you will see many similarities in the design to the Sparrow E-mail application, which has become so popular due to its beautiful interface. It is similar because of the slide-sideways design. From this interface you can easily delete notes by swiping to the left on them. Additionally, you see three buttons at the top – one for normal view, one for showing only starred notes, and one for separating notes by color. The interface also includes a search field so you can find the note you need even faster.

You can add to existing notes with the Plus button from within a note, or you can make a brand new note with the Plus button from the interface shown just above. When you are done editing a note, a check button will appear in the top right, which you should tap to save your changes. As a bonus, Just Type includes iCloud syncing so your notes will be spread between all of your devices with Just Type installed on them.

The application is worth the download – an easy five out of five Apples  5/5. It's even free. You can get it from this link.

Thanks to Orby, one of our very own Moderators, for the tip!
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 06-22-2012 at 12:15 AM.

iCloud syncing?

Quote Originally Posted by curly420 View Post
    iCloud syncing?
    From App description: "Since it is designed for iCloud, your notes are always synced between all your devices automatically."

So yes.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Cmds187's Avatar
    Thanks

Do it sync pictures to ICloud

Quote Originally Posted by Cmds187 View Post
    Do it sync pictures to ICloud
    It's a notes app. Why would it sync pictures to iCloud?

Thanks

Lmao
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide

Thanks

Example . So I can write pin , then take a Pic of back and front of credit card so I won't have too...... Waist time writing it all down ? I do put pic's with my notes

Quote Originally Posted by celeron View Post
    Lmao
    Lmao with you
    Last edited by Cmds187; 06-22-2012 at 12:57 AM.

Thanks

Example . So I can write pin , then take a Pic of back and front of credit card so I won't have too...... Waist time writing it all down
    As far as I can tell, the app does not support importing or copying pictures and placing them into a note at this time. Sorry.

Thanks

Thanks Orby

One problem - when you're in the process of typing in a new note, and decide you wish to change the font or colour or use any of the features at the bottom of the page, you need to exit out your keyboard (as you were already in the process of typing) by going BACK to the Notes list and then returning to your original note itself.

Is there not any way to just make the keyboard go away after typing??

It sounds like a really cool app. I've already replaced my stock notes app with Evernote so I think i'll stick with that. I am gonna download this and try it out though.

Example . So I can write pin , then take a Pic of back and front of credit card so I won't have too...... Waist time writing it all down ? I do put pic's with my notes
    Evernote.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by parellax View Post
    One problem - when you're in the process of typing in a new note, and decide you wish to change the font or colour or use any of the features at the bottom of the page, you need to exit out your keyboard (as you were already in the process of typing) by going BACK to the Notes list and then returning to your original note itself.

Is there not any way to just make the keyboard go away after typing??
    Pull to Dismiss in Cydia

That sounds like the worst idea ever.
    Theres enough credit card fraud and identity theft going around without actually saving a picture of your credit card, along with the number, your name and PIN to cloud based storage!

Good luck with explaining that to your credit card company when your account gets emptied!

Quote Originally Posted by curly420 View Post
    iCloud syncing?
    It does sync with iCloud b/w different iOS devices, but not with the Notes part of Mail of OS X. This is kind of a deal breaker for me, as I definitely like having my notes on ALL of my devices, not just my iOS devices. Not sure if there is a technical limitation not allowing "Just Type" to sync with the already built in iCloud Notes syncing or if it's just something the developer didn't put in. A very simple "fix" would be to simply create an OS X counterpart of "Just Type". Until then, the stock Notes app it is for me!

Waist time writing it all down ?
    Are you saying this has something to do with exercise?

Waist / waste big difference.
    Hmm...

The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by exNavy View Post

Hahahahaha his fingers aren't in great enough shape to write it down

secret moderator... Please hit that THANKS button over there if I helped you in any single way

Quote Originally Posted by exNavy View Post

Yep. Too bad they don't have "vocabulary check".

What is the name of the add-on that shows the moon phase?

Quote Originally Posted by gabesir View Post
    What is the name of the add-on that shows the moon phase?
    It's part of iOS 6 – Do Not Disturb feature.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast