Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Ten Handy iPhone Functions You May Not Have Known About

I just did #6, I didn't think it would work either but it loooked like it did, my home button usually doesnt respond well. Maybe I'm just nuts, I'll give it a couple days or weeks before I notice it crapping out on me again...Good stuff though!

Quote Originally Posted by kickerman65 View Post
    Under settings/notifications you can set it to use the old popup style alerts instead of the new banners. No tweaks needed for that.
    I like the banners.

The tapping the status bar to go to the top of a page annoys me. Which has nothing to do with the banners

The banner dismiss is actually just notification center being pulled down a bit because the banner works like the tab that appears if there's no status bar.

10/10. And I read #6 has been debunked by none other than idb. I've tested it. No go.

When I saw the articles title, I Didn't expect much from it, but I was wrong! Didn't know about the banners, but am wondering if it's compatible with tweaks that affect the banners... I'll find out soon enough! I'll be giving the home button thing a go to, although my hopes aren't high for th one. I'll report back if I get any results!

Quote Originally Posted by iPod View Post
    How long has the banner dismissing been a feature? what was the need for banner dismissal tweaks then?
    for all of us that didn't know this was a built in feature i suppose haha

#6 on the list you speak of to calibrate the home button is false. All that does is manually kill the app. You cant calibrate the home button. Its just an electrical switch that that creates an open in the circuit. Its either open or closed and thats it. But dont get me wrong, iphones have been known to have home button issues. And especially the iphone 4. I replace them all the time.
    I have indeed looked into this and have corrected the button combination feature in function #6.
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 06-21-2012 at 07:03 PM.

Regardless of #6 being treated as a "placebo". That trick has my home button responding ridiculously good. It was not like that prior. ...whatever.

I didn't know about 2 and 8 and I've been using my iPhone since 2010 haha

The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by teej1410 View Post
    I like the banners.

The tapping the status bar to go to the top of a page annoys me. Which has nothing to do with the banners
    I think you can use activator. Under tap status bar or whatever just select do nothing and then select your new task

secret moderator... Please hit that THANKS button over there if I helped you in any single way

I swear that touching the status bar to scroll to the top has been a feature since iOS 2?!?! If you didn't know that then you should be shot for being an inadequate human...

Thanks

i thought i would know all these but i learned about force quitting and dismissing banners never knew these

i didn't know about the swipe to camera roll. neat!

#6 on the list you speak of to calibrate the home button is false. All that does is manually kill the app. You cant calibrate the home button. Its just an electrical switch that that creates an open in the circuit. Its either open or closed and thats it. But dont get me wrong, iphones have been known to have home button issues. And especially the iphone 4. I replace them all the time.
    But that switch still needs to communicate with software and calibrate the software to react when that switch is opened or closed.

Thanks

Knew everything but #2...
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide

The only one I didn't know about was the Swipe to Dismiss. !

Quote Originally Posted by relkorama View Post
    Dang...9 outta 10. I didn't know about #2
    Same here

The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

Btw Anthony, thanks for the great article!

secret moderator... Please hit that THANKS button over there if I helped you in any single way

19. The Following User Says Thank You to iPod For This Useful Post:

Anthony Bouchard (06-21-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,252 Times in 1,383 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iPod View Post
    Btw Anthony, thanks for the great article!
    +1 Good job, man! Who'd of known this article would be such a hit!!!

21. The Following User Says Thank You to thazsar For This Useful Post:

Anthony Bouchard (06-21-2012)

But don't know this a bug or what on IOS 5, please test your left speaker have sound or not when your iPhone playing music, because I testing iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S, the left speaker was mute. (test it: closed your right speaker with your thumb)
    Last edited by romeo_herman; 06-21-2012 at 09:37 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast