Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: TechCrunch: Manufacturers Confirm Apple Will Adopt Smaller 19-Pin Connector

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

@ At those complaining about not being able to dock it and use the earphones.

You won't be able to dock it even if the ear phone port is on the top. Your current dock won't work.
    When you buy your new dock to fit the new port, all will be fine.

My iPhone is a Part of Me buggsy2's Avatar
    Thanks

Someone(s) will make adaptors to convert between dock connectors. This is just another 1st-world problem.

Quote Originally Posted by feidhlim1986 View Post
    @ At those complaining about not being able to dock it and use the earphones.

You won't be able to dock it even if the ear phone port is on the top. Your current dock won't work.
    When you buy your new dock to fit the new port, all will be fine.
    That's a big assumption. The very fact that iPod Touches are screwed in all docks is a big indication that Apple doesn't intend for us to dock and listen via headphones simultaneously. I don't see them changing this just because iPhone owners complain about it after ignoring iPod Touch owners for years already.

is this inconvenient or am I the only one who has millions of the regular iPod/iPhone connectors

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 14u2nv View Post
    some of you are saying it won't fit in your current dock with the jack on bottom,,, did you completely miss that the plug will be different?? Your dock won't work anyway.
    hahahahah, I am glad I am not the only one noticing that.

I can't us a 19 pin dock on my bose...will apple be handing out adapters for customers with 30 pin dock?!?!

yeah right!

This will not be a good change for me. My car uses a headphone jack to connect via aux. currently my phone sits upright whip using the jack. With this design the phone will be upside down while listening to music. This will suck if I need to access other features like gps and phone. I hope ios6 allows for full 180 degree spin for all apps and springboard.

lol at no micro-usb port... junk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123