+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'LockSpring' Will Let You Respring Easily From the Lock Screen

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
There is one feature on jailbroken iOS devices that is crucial to have. This is respringing the device. It’s better than rebooting because it’s faster (it doesn’t replace a reboot
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default 'LockSpring' Will Let You Respring Easily From the Lock Screen

There is one feature on jailbroken iOS devices that is crucial to have. This is respringing the device. It’s better than rebooting because it’s faster (it doesn’t replace a reboot in every circumstance) and it can sometimes solve a lot of issues. Unfortunately, not everyone uses clunky toggle applications and minimalists need a way to respring easily without installing such applications.

A new free jailbreak tweak dubbed LockSpring by iOS developer Smartvipere75 brings a respring button to the lock screen so that you can easily respring when you need to. Judging the appearance, it does look a little bit silly on the lock screen since the lock screen is designed to have a glassy appearance and the button brings an opaque figure to that glassy appearance. Functionally, however, the button works as advertised.

This switch in the Settings application will enable and disable the respring button and the lock screen switch so you don’t accidentally touch them when you don’t need to respring. When you disable the button and switch, they will not appear on the lock screen. Turning it on will display them again.

If you need an easy respring method, LockSpring works just fine. It’s free, so you can try it out and judge it for yourself!

Name: LockSpring
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0.2
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Smartvipere75
    Editor's Rating:  3/5

Sources: Smartvipere75
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 06-22-2012 at 04:23 PM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I'm sorry, but it just looks stupid and always in the way.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

This is a good thing to have, but on the very first try to use this it caused the phone to crash.
    Then I found out the on/off button only turn off the re-spring button that 1 time, the it pops back on the next time you access the phone.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

It looks pretty horrible. It's as if the devs kinda rushed it and didn't really think the placement through.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

awesome! just what i've been hoping for! i really need this, and it doesn't interfere with my other lockscreen stuff. thanks a lot, viper!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Thanks ModMyi for making a blog about my tweak LockSpring! hank197857 no problems man! I submitted update , make sure to update it