Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Sparrow for iPhone On Sale!

Default Sparrow for iPhone On Sale!

Sparrow, the popular iOS e-mail client alternative to Apple’s stock Mail application, is currently on sale in the App Store. For Tuesday and Wednesday, the $2.99 e-mail client can be bought for only 99˘. On Thursday, Sparrow can be purchased for an increased $1.99. By Friday, the application will be jacked back up to its original $2.99 price tag.

Just yesterday, the Sparrow team announced POP support for Sparrow for iOS, allowing Hotmail and other popular POP e-mail services to finally join in on the previously IMAP-only fun. Unfortunately, push notifications were still not a part of the announcement due to complications between Sparrow and Apple in trying to implement them. According to the Sparrow team, they will probably be added as a paid subscription service in the future.

Even without push notifications, 99˘ for the e-mail client is a good price. The interface is great looking and zippy. Additionally, you are buying a product with a ton of support by the developers and a lot of future updates on the way. It would be a good idea to lock in your copy for just 99˘ if you have ever wanted to give it a try to see what all the buzz is about, or so that you will at least have it in your application arsenal when Sparrow releases a feature that you might like.

Unfortunately, even though the price has been reduced, if you paid $2.99 for the e-mail client in the past, there is no way to get your extra two dollars back. Let us know if you will be taking advantage of this deal today.

Sources: Sparrow – App Store

Thanks

Might get it now...I see a lot of people talk about how great sparrow is and some good reviews but I've never tried it.
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Wish it had push I would use it again

Thanks
    Thanked 2,300 Times in 1,018 Posts

I, too, am interested as to why this is SOOO much better than the stock Mail.app.

Anyone w/ experience please let us know the benefits...

Quote Originally Posted by 2k1 View Post
    Wish it had push I would use it again
    I thought Cydia had a tweak to enable Push for Sparrow?

Thanks

It works but not all the time.

iPhone? More like MyPhone evolution83's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    I, too, am interested as to why this is SOOO much better than the stock Mail.app.

I've used it but don't see what all the fuss is about. It's just a mail app with a nice UI that resembles Facebook. Messages seem to take a while to load the times that I've used it, and having to pay for push in the future is ridiculous. Your best bet is to use Boxcar or Sparrow push, but even that never worked for me.

Quote Originally Posted by celeron View Post
    Might get it now...I see a lot of people talk about how great sparrow is and some good reviews but I've never tried it.
    I've never tried it either...I'll probably read some more reviews then I'll probably get it since it's only a dawlah.

Quote Originally Posted by rayzeur22 View Post
    I've never tried it either...I'll probably read some more reviews then I'll probably get it since it's only a dawlah.
    i agree.. sparrow is cool i like the interface, but what would make a lot more sense is to have a global login that stores your accounts.. As it is right now you have to reset up all your accounts..lol..

i personally don't see what sucks about the native mail app? maybe thats just cause I'm a simpleton

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by subywrex View Post
    i agree.. sparrow is cool i like the interface, but what would make a lot more sense is to have a global login that stores your accounts.. As it is right now you have to reset up all your accounts..lol..

i personally don't see what sucks about the native mail app? maybe thats just cause I'm a simpleton
    +1

Thanks

I paid $2.99 & NOW...they decide to REDUCE...the price....WTF!!! Bogus!

I used it for about 2 months both on my iPhone and on my MBA. I am now back to the stock apps on both.

On Lion you can't have the conversation thread automatically expanded, if you are searching for a particular email amongst 30 replies you have to click open each individual reply to find it, damn stupid and there is no way to enable this function or auto expand the entire message. I emailed the developer and they said it is not available.....

The iOS app is ok but little things piss you off, like swipe to delete is backwards from the stock app and when you swipe down to see the rest of a email it will roll thru to the next email below, push even when jailbroken is random, no POP3 either

Whilst it was nice to have a new UI, the functionality lets it down. Will wait for 6 months and see if it gets any better

Thanks

Good to know! I'll pass then...

Thanks

Ya agree still needs alot of work. It's nice and different. But like before theres more on the app store like this with more working features.

Dammit, I literally just bought this app about 24 hours ago at full price.

I actually just bought it not too long ago so I could see. I don't see anything that's not in the default mail app. Maybe the nicer interface, but that's all I see so far.

I thought Cydia had a tweak to enable Push for Sparrow?
    I tried installing this but I can't get it to work.

Sparrow is a great replacement mail app and using Sparrow+, push works perfectly and you get notifications as well if you want

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gonkowonko View Post
    Sparrow is a great replacement mail app and using Sparrow+, push works perfectly and you get notifications as well if you want
    It's still buggy don't git them all the time I tried it out again yesterday

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Its beginning to get some poor reviews in app store...

For a long time, basically since it was released I wondered whats so superior about it over stock mail app (that actually works, simple but works)?

I don't like how its reflected as popular "alternative" to iOS mail client in this thread and every other one created by modmyi staff. Its not no where near a replacement. When it can support all feature that native app can and push than maybe but as it stands its actually useless. This is of course unless you just like apps for UI aesthetics alone.
    Hit the thanks button if I helped in any way

I have a problem setting up my iCloud account with sparrow