+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'PictureFrameCenter' Adds A Beautiful Slideshow Widget to Notification Center

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Notification Center is already gorgeous as it sits, however there are ways to improve it even more. One great way to do so is with a new free jailbreak widget
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,054 Times in 772 Posts

Default 'PictureFrameCenter' Adds A Beautiful Slideshow Widget to Notification Center

Notification Center is already gorgeous as it sits, however there are ways to improve it even more. One great way to do so is with a new free jailbreak widget dubbed PictureFrameCenter by iOS developer CoolStar. The new widget will display a slideshow of your photographs from your Camera Roll right in Notification Center to accompany your other widgets and add some extra beauty to the interface.

PictureFrameCenter doesn’t just sit there and look pretty – the widget also has a secret menu interface that pops up when you tap on it. From the menu interface, you can move forward or backward through your slideshow of Camera Roll photographs and you can also play or pause the slideshow. The menu interface is illustrated below:

The widget is controlled via your slideshow settings from the Settings application. You will find these settings from the preferences pane labeled “Photos” with the picture of the Photos application on it. From here, you can adjust how long a picture will display before it moves to the next picture, or even have it shuffle your pictures instead of going in chronological order through your Camera Roll.

The widget is easily enabled and disabled at any time by adding or removing it from Notification Center from the Settings application in the Notifications preferences pane. Besides that and adjusting your slideshow settings, PictureFrameCenter has no other options to confuse you with and it adds a simple and elegant widget to your Notification Center so you can always be reminded of the memories that you take photographs of in your daily life.

PictureFrameCenter requires iOS 5 because it relies on Notification Center to be used. If you cherish your photographs, you should look into this widget. Being that it's free, we have no complaints about it!

Name: PictureFrameCenter
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0.0
    Requirements: iOS 5
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: CoolStar
    Editor's Rating:  4/5

Sources: Cydia
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 06-19-2012 at 12:12 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Liked the sound of this so installed but a lot of the pictures are stretched to fill the window instead of showing original aspect ratio

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

i really like this. unfortunately, on my phone, pfc pulls photos from the library - not the camera roll. the interface also doesn't work - no pausing of the slideshow. i probably have too many tweaks installed on my phone. there are bound to be minor conflicts. but i like it, and i'm keeping it. i certainly can't argue about the price. thanks coolstar!

Green Apple
    Thanks

I think you need to relook at how you rank tweaks. 4/5 for an application that doesn't allow you to choose you own settings, and where the menu interface doesn't even work? Also, nowhere is it mentioned that the picture frame is also applied to the lockscreen. Very unattractive IMO.

t's worth every penny!
    Erm, it's free. It's worth zero pennies.

The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

Seems like it would cause a ton of lag in the nc...but it might work well with dashboard x

secret moderator... Please hit that THANKS button over there if I helped you in any single way

Thanks
    Thanked 2,080 Times in 936 Posts

It's be cool if someone came out w/ a slideshow that replaced the NC Background image... not just a widget.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Love it ! The PictureFrameCenter,it gorgeous ,you have to set it up befor you use it !!! Thanks !

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,054 Times in 772 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Johnathan Daly View Post
    Erm, it's free. It's worth zero pennies.
    I'm glad you caught onto the humor...

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

mmaboi21 (06-20-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iPod View Post
    Seems like it would cause a ton of lag in the nc...but it might work well with dashboard x
    That's my main concern because sbsettings lags that badboy enough already. So in going to try it since its free and report back

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mmaboi21 View Post
    That's my main concern because sbsettings lags that badboy enough already. So in going to try it since its free and report back
    Alrightey cool

secret moderator... Please hit that THANKS button over there if I helped you in any single way

12. The Following User Says Thank You to iPod For This Useful Post:

mmaboi21 (06-20-2012)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    I'm glad you caught onto the humor...
    Saying somethings worth every penny when it's already free sounds like you're saying it's crap. Sounds like you're saying it's worth nothing.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Johnathan Daly View Post
    Saying somethings worth every penny when it's already free sounds like you're saying it's crap. Sounds like you're saying it's worth nothing.
    Relax and stop criticizing. It was a joke. Goodness

Thanks

Weird
    Last edited by mmaboi21; 06-20-2012 at 02:15 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mmaboi21 View Post
    That's my main concern because sbsettings lags that badboy enough already
    NCSettings FTW!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fofer View Post
    NCSettings FTW!
    Even NCSettings causes a some lag

Thanks

If it does, it's imperceptible on my iPhone 4 and iPad 3.

Thanks

I'll check it out.
    This tweak is not that bad as far as lag goes. (same as sbsettings) nothing significant though, however it does cause some issues with DBX. For ex. When you enable the widget in your springboard you cannot delete it otherwise it will continue to crash until you uninstall it via safe mode.

Thanks

Was good but saw update and deleted with the quickness! Aspect ratio should have been fixed instead of adding buttons to get twitter/facebook props. Sayin...