Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Turn Off Your iOS Devices Faster With 'QuickPowerDown'

  1. #1
    Default Turn Off Your iOS Devices Faster With 'QuickPowerDown'


    Some people enjoy the safeguard of the ‘slide to power down’ that keeps you from making a mistake and accidentally turning off your iOS device, however if you would rather make things easier and skip the ‘slide to power down’ prompt so that the device easily turns off as soon as you hold the power button for about 3 seconds, then a new free jailbreak tweak dubbed QuickPowerDown by iOS developer ravirajm is for you.



    Basically, the tweak just skips the step of showing the ‘slide to power off’ slider. This way you don’t have to spend your time sliding the slider after you have purposely sat there and held down the power button for 3 seconds. As soon as you have done so, you should see the powering down spin loader on the screen until your device screen goes black.

    The tweak comes with its obvious pros and cons. On the positive side, the tweak does speed up your shut down time by allowing you to throw the device into your pocket without waiting for the slider. You can even turn the device off right from your pocket without needing to pull the device out of your pocket to look at the screen and power it off.

    Of course, the obvious cons of the tweak include accidental shutdowns. For most iOS devices, accidental shut downs should be rather rare with this tweak installed since the buttons on every iOS device are very sturdy and require a fair deal of constant pressure and time to toggle.



    QuickPowerDown also comes with a simple preferences pane allowing you to enable and disable the tweak on demand. You can also have the action of holding down the power button yield different actions besides powering off. You can choose between any of the following:
    • Power off
    • Reboot
    • Respring
    • Safe mode


    For a free tweak, I would consider it to be pretty decent. It works on any iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad running iOS 5. If you like the tweak, be sure to give it a try!

    Name: QuickPowerDown
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0
    Requirements: iOS 5
    Repo: ModMyi
    Developer: ravirajm
    Editor's Rating:  4/5

    Sources: ravirajm

  2. #2
    iPhoneaholic Norb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Mountain View, California
    Posts
    407
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked 51 Times in 31 Posts

    Sweet, because I want my phone off when I pull it out of my pocket.

  3. #3
    thanks for giving 4 out of 5!

  4. #4
    would really like to know whether he just hooked the method that is responsible for the sleepbutton being held or whether he made the device shutdown when the Slider would appear.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by rud0lf77 View Post
    would really like to know whether he just hooked the method that is responsible for the sleepbutton being held or whether he made the device shutdown when the Slider would appear.
    shutdown when the slider would appear.

  6. #6
    Starbucks Artist mmaboi21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Bakersfield CA.
    Posts
    2,406
    Thanks
    164
    Thanked 207 Times in 160 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Norb View Post
    Sweet, because I want my phone off when I pull it out of my pocket.
    Lol this was hilarious bro.

    On a more serious note I don't see a big difference waiting an extra couple seconds for your phone to turn off. Kudos to the developer because these are only baby tweaks that will lead to even better tweaks. So instead of insulting them, let's encourage them to push the boundaries.

  7. #7
    Settings>Activator>Anywhere>Sleep button: Short Hold>Power Down

    Yes, this tweak serves its purpose, but why bother installing it when activator can do exactly the same thing?
    Last edited by ddonuts4; 06-18-2012 at 03:56 PM.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by ddonuts4 View Post
    Settings>Activator>Anywhere>Sleep button: Short Hold>Power Down

    Yes, this tweak serves its purpose, but why bother installing it when activator can do exactly the same thing?
    Because not all devices have Activator on them? It's not like Activator ships stock with all jailbroken devices.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Norb View Post
    Sweet, because I want my phone off when I pull it out of my pocket.
    haha I had this app for all of 30 minutes but I kinda of liked having my phone already being powered on when i needed to use it

  10. #10
    iPhone? More like MyPhone mbeezy81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    244
    Thanks
    24
    Thanked 14 Times in 12 Posts

    Wow, is it really that much more work to just wait a second longer to slide the slider...but wouldn't want to overwork your thumb I guess...to each is own I guess!!

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Norb View Post
    Sweet, because I want my phone off when I pull it out of my pocket.
    What kind of idiot presses the power button for 3 seconds while trying to take the phone out of their pocket?

  12. #12
    My iPhone is a Part of Me thevmax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    West Milwaukee
    Posts
    591
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 36 Times in 28 Posts

    Default Auto OFF
    Quote Originally Posted by Norb View Post
    Sweet, because I want my phone off when I pull it out of my pocket.
    ME TOO! Nothing better than knowing my phone is off and nobody can get in touch with me!

    AND: Built in blame for the DEV...hey man, it's not my fault! It's like butt calling....it happens!

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by av911 View Post
    What kind of idiot presses the power button for 3 seconds while trying to take the phone out of their pocket?
    You don't always have to press the botton sometimes other things in your pocket can press the button.

  14. #14
    Just get NCSetting which is way better... Just saying. Kinda lame tweak useless for me, I can't speak for everyone though.
    "You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not"

  15. #15
    It's simply awesome to have another tweak for just the right reason and just the right person. I like having options when setting phones up for customers, and free tweaks are a nice addition. Some people like simple things to do simple things. Even though jailbreaks are quite intricate, people who aren't tech Savvy still have them.... And for them, tweaks like this are a nice option. One tweak isn't intended to cover every scenario --- that's what makes going through cydia fun each day.... When the refresh pops up and there's like 10 things....some look for the drill, some for the ringtone... Some for a simple tweak that does what they wanted to do because activator somehow isn't on their phone. Its like having different options for bread, and different options even for just white bread. Kudos Dev for just giving options.

  16. #16
    nice, but i would miss my personalized text and slider. i customize for a reason.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Norb View Post
    Sweet, because I want my phone off when I pull it out of my pocket.
    Ok, here's something to everyone who thinks their device will go OFF when it's in the pocket. Try this, Disable or remove this tweak, put your phone in the pocket, take it out after 60 minutes, DO YOU SEE THE "slide to power off" screen? NO. That rarely happens. Yes I'm the tweak Dev. Don't ***** about things you can't make.

    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    It's simply awesome to have another tweak for just the right reason and just the right person. I like having options when setting phones up for customers, and free tweaks are a nice addition. Some people like simple things to do simple things. Even though jailbreaks are quite intricate, people who aren't tech Savvy still have them.... And for them, tweaks like this are a nice option. One tweak isn't intended to cover every scenario --- that's what makes going through cydia fun each day.... When the refresh pops up and there's like 10 things....some look for the drill, some for the ringtone... Some for a simple tweak that does what they wanted to do because activator somehow isn't on their phone. Its like having different options for bread, and different options even for just white bread. Kudos Dev for just giving options.
    Thanks :-)

  18. #18
    This way you don’t have to spend your time sliding the slider after you have purposely sat there and held down the power button for 3 seconds.
    Jesus Christ are you really that effing lazy?

  19. #19
    Starbucks Artist mmaboi21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Bakersfield CA.
    Posts
    2,406
    Thanks
    164
    Thanked 207 Times in 160 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by rvirajm View Post
    Ok, here's something to everyone who thinks their device will go OFF when it's in the pocket. Try this, Disable or remove this tweak, put your phone in the pocket, take it out after 60 minutes, DO YOU SEE THE "slide to power off" screen? NO. That rarely happens. Yes I'm the tweak Dev. Don't ***** about things you can't make.


    Thanks :-)
    Lol get emm! Ha I like when people are put in their place

  20. #20
    What's Jailbreak? skrApy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Bruchsal, Germany
    Posts
    11
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    dont works for me...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •