Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Best Tweaks of the Week 6/10 - 6/17

Default Best Tweaks of the Week 6/10 - 6/17

Here are the best jailbreak creations for the week of June 10th until June 17th as per the opinion of our staff. This is a weekly recap.

1. TetherStatus - FREE

TetherStatus, by iOS developers moeseth and satropuk, allows you to have a better tethering status bar that is less obtrusive. It is smaller, looks better, and even gives you the same amount of information as Apple’s design does. A circled number status bar icon displays how many devices are actively using your tethering service, while the status bar also strobes between the current time and “HotSpot: On” so that you know the device is currently spreading data to other devices. If you tether a lot and hate how Apple’s large tethering status bar squishes content and causes all sorts of havoc, then be sure to try TetherStatus.

2. Clockify - $1.00

Clockify is a new jailbreak tweak by Nikos Lykousas that allows you to have all the functionality of the beloved LiveClock (unfortunately was never updated for iOS 5) and even have widgets throughout iOS that also show you the live time using an analog clock. It animates the home screen’s clock icon to show the real time – the second hand will tick for every second that goes by and the minute and hour hands will follow in real time. The two widgets that come with the tweak compliment the lock screen and Notification Center beautifully. You can enable or disable any of the three effects of the tweak on demand, so you can use Clockify for the effects that you like best. Clockify is recommended to everyone that pays attention to every aesthetic detail of iOS and likes the great experience that a small animation can make.

3. AppCent - FREE

AppCent is a new free jailbreak tweak by iOS developer Rudolf Lichtner that allows you to have a percentage indicator appear under an application that starts downloading from the App Store. The percentage indicator tells you how much of the application has been downloaded up until it finishes. The indicator is clean, and will disappear as soon as the application finishes downloading so that the name of the application can appear afterwards. The percentage indicator is a good addition because it offers you a numeric view of how complete the download is instead of a blue bar that only gives you a guess.

4. iDelete-MSG - FREE

iDelete-MSG is a new jailbreak tweak by iOS developer iMokhles that adds a simple, but elegant, ‘Delete All’ button to your Messages application. This button is handy because it will delete all of your Messages application conversations in one tap instead of having to remove each one individually. It works with text messages as well as iMessages. The button looks native because of its design and it works wonderfully. Since it deletes the messages, it is more secure than simply hiding them from other people since they cannot be recovered. iDelete-MSG is recommended to anyone that needs to keep their special conversations a secret from someone.

5. BT Brevis - $1.99

BT Brevis is a new jailbreak tweak for all of you Bluetooth keyboard users out there, by iOS developer Itay Brenner. BT Brevis allows you to use the Bluetooth keyboard similarly to how you would use your personal computer keyboard – offering a lineup of new keyboard shortcuts while using the Mobile Safari Web browser. It includes navigational shortcuts, quick-bookmark shortcuts, and even a shortcut to launch Mobile Safari from anywhere. BT Brevis works on all iOS devices and is recommended to anyone using a Bluetooth keyboard because it adds some useful functionality that iOS didn’t have before.

Stay tuned for next week's best tweaks - only on ModMyi!

The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

App cent and clockify are my favorites

secret moderator... Please hit that THANKS button over there if I helped you in any single way

Thanks

Same here, specially AppCent. I downloaded it, pretty cool.

I even downloaded a useless app just to test
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide

Does AppCent work if icon labels are disabled through Springtomize?

Thanks

Nope, it doesn't show if you disable icon labels
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide

I still can't find Idelete in Cydia. And I am not the only one ( see reactions iDelete-MSG Adds A Delightful 'Delete All' Button to Messages App ). How come ?

Quote Originally Posted by iPod View Post
    App cent and clockify are my favorites
    I was disappointed with clockify. The clock icon doesn't look the same as if you were using LiveClock or just using the regular icon.

iDelete-MSG is no longer in the BigBoss Repo?? Wtf?

Quote Originally Posted by bradmullins007 View Post
    iDelete-MSG is no longer in the BigBoss Repo?? Wtf?
    It appears to have been pulled due to some complications.

does BT Brevis actually make your phone that long too? hahah

Quote Originally Posted by control635 View Post
    does BT Brevis actually make your phone that long too? hahah
    Oh sure, sure.