Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: If You Miss LiveClock, 'Clockify' Will Bring You Déjà Vu and More!

Default If You Miss LiveClock, 'Clockify' Will Bring You Déjà Vu and More!

Unfortunately LiveClock, the tweak that animated your Clock application to display the real time, never did see an update for iOS 5. However, with a new jailbreak tweak dubbed Clockify, by iOS developer Nikos Lykousas, you can get this functionality back on iOS 5 with much more than LiveClock ever did offer.

Clockify brings the same wonderful animated clock effect right to your home screen, by making your Clock application display the same time that you see in your status bar. The second hand, minute hand, and hour hand all move in real time to give you a realistic clock effect.

In addition to animating the stock iOS Clock application icon, Clockify also adds two great new widgets to the operating system. The first widget is on the lock screen, which is normally just a digital clock. Clockify replaces the digital clock with an analog clock that matches the style of the Clock application, but also displays the time digitally right next to the analog clock style. The second widget is the same as the first, but is optional to have in the Notification Center. You can see the widgets below:

After you launch the Settings application when you finish installing Clockify, you will find a preferences pane:

From the preferences pane, you can enable and disable the animated Clock application icon on demand, or change the style of the Clock application icon to any of the following styles:
    • Always Day
    • Always Night
    • No Background
    • Alternative

Additionally, you can enable and disable the lock screen clock widget on demand and you can choose to change it between any of the following modes:
    • Local Time
    • Local Time + World Clock
    • World Clock

Last but not least, you will find the option to change the Notification Center widget height from the default 92 pixel height to the stock Apple-sized height of 71 pixels. The 92 pixel height means that you will have a larger clock in the widget, but the 71 pixel height means that the widget will be the same height as the Stock and Weather widgets, giving it a more native feel. You can additionally change the Notification Center widget clock between any of the following modes:
    • Local Time
    • Local Time + World Clock
    • World Clock

Clockify works in full with Dashboard X and IntelliScreenX. If you were wondering, Clockify was made to run on the iPhone and iPod touch and will not work on the iPad. It does require iOS 5 to be installed – iOS 4 users can still use LiveClock as an alternative.

Having the live Clock application icon is a beautiful addition to iOS because it’s a small aesthetic feature that adds to the precise detailing that Apple is known for. For just a buck, you can’t really go wrong with this tweak. For all the wonderful new changes that Clockify brings to your iOS device, it is certainly worth the download. Additionally, you can enable only your favorite features of the tweak and disable the ones that you don’t like as much. Thanks to the flexibility of the preferences pane, there are a lot of different options to make many different users happy.

Name: Clockify
    Price: $1
    Version: 1.0.0
    Requirements: iOS 5, iPhone or iPod touch
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Nikos Lykousas
    Editor's Rating:  5/5

Sources: Nikos Lykousas
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 06-15-2012 at 02:48 PM.

The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

I assume the lockscreen widget won't play well with forecast?

secret moderator... Please hit that THANKS button over there if I helped you in any single way

Quote Originally Posted by iPod View Post
    I assume the lockscreen widget won't play well with forecast?
    I doubt it, but you can disable the lock screen widget from preferences and not have a problem.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,757 Times in 894 Posts

Yay. Who be first to theme it....?

Just purchased!!! Very happy!!
    A 24h mode is needed
    Localized.strings are needed
    And how can we mod it? Lol

Great tweak!!!
    Thank you so much!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,757 Times in 894 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zooropalg View Post
    Just purchased!!! Very happy!!
    A 24h mode is needed
    Localized.strings are needed
    And how can we mod it? Lol

Great tweak!!!
    Thank you so much!!!
    Looking forward to some mods on it from you and Pierre.

Instant buy for me. One of the missed features of iOS 4 but now better than ever.

My thoughts of improvements.

- Local Time show display the Time Zone like the others.
    - Day and Night theme needs adjusting. It turns night at 7PM and it does not start getting dark until around 8:30PM
    - Somehow incorporate both the Lockscreen Clock and Forecast.

Works great and can finally count seconds again.

Does not work well with infinidock.. Or might be cascade, now that i think of it.. Other then that, great job!!

Yep cascade is the culprit..
    Last edited by Ryaninfg; 06-15-2012 at 09:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryaninfg View Post
    Does not work well with infinidock.. Or might be cascade, now that i think of it.. Other then that, great job!!

Yep cascade is the culprit..
    I have infidock and it works fine! Although I would like option for digital clock on the app icon

Quote Originally Posted by scroogelives View Post
    I have infidock and it works fine! Although I would like option for digital clock on the app icon
    It was cause I hade cascade installed with infinidock. I second the digital option!!! That'd be sweet!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KraXik View Post
    Yay. Who be first to theme it....?
    Thats done on se7en thread
    Instagram: zplit
    Twitter: zplit

My iPhone is a Part of Me tsatryan's Avatar
    Thanks

Looking for the themers to update with a skin for it!

cool app but if your a theme person like myself, it throws off the look you have on your iPhone.

Well worth 69p of any ones money, especially as the current custodian of LiveClock keeps tweeting that he is going to update it, but never does.

Had a quick look at theming but the day and night clocks from the springboard are not straightforward to theme

seems like it uses quite a bit of memory. before installing, if I purged all processes, i'd have over 200mb free (4S with lots of tweaks). Now I only have around 140 free after purging.

Not that this really bothers me, but that seems like it might be important to some people.

Hi
    Great app. i've been waiting for this to appear
    only one problem (well two) when i run either icleaner or ifile they crash and the phone reboots to safe mode.
    any advice would be greatly received
    Rob

How does this do with battery life?

This mod works great - it was pretty easy to theme, too

Default battery life
    Quote Originally Posted by sekazi View Post
    Instant buy for me. One of the missed features of iOS 4 but now better than ever.

My thoughts of improvements.

- Local Time show display the Time Zone like the others.
    - Day and Night theme needs adjusting. It turns night at 7PM and it does not start getting dark until around 8:30PM
    - Somehow incorporate both the Lockscreen Clock and Forecast.

Works great and can finally count seconds again.
    Do you have intelliscreen x installed?

I really liked Clockify BUT after much freezing and safe mode - usually after using the messages+ part of Intelliscreen x - I removed clockify and have since had no problems. This is of course a pity. I wonder if there is anything I can do to make these work together?

Quote Originally Posted by kimberly_ View Post
    How does this do with battery life?
    It's my experience that after removing Clockify (as it seemed to clash with intelliscreen x) my battery life improved noticeably!
    Last edited by toperic02; 07-07-2012 at 08:44 AM.

I have never had an issue with having clockify and intelliscreenx installed.. That's strange.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast