Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple's Attempt to Block Sales of Galaxy S III at US Launch Denied

Thanks

Default Apple's Attempt to Block Sales of Galaxy S III at US Launch Denied

U.S. District Judge Lucy Koh in San Jose, California ruled that Apple’s push to block sales of the Galaxy S III in just over a week wouldn’t fit on her calendar, according to Reuters. The Cupertino California company hoped to win a quick ruling that would push back the launch of Samsung’s new flagship Android-based smartphone.

Koh’s ruling came a few days after Apple suffered another setback in court, when U.S. Circuit Court Judge Richard Posner in Chicago, Illinois deemed that Apple had not shown enough to prove injury. The case was originally set to begin this week but Posner’s ruling canceled the trial. In contrast, Apple’s setback against Samsung in attempting to block the launch of the Galaxy S III is not an indication that Apple would lose an eventual court ruling. The scheduling of the court just wouldn’t allow a ruling to be made in the next week; therefore the launch is set to occur as planned.

Last week, Apple showed interest in pursuing a restraining order against the Galaxy S III in order to block sales of the device before it reached U.S. shores. Apple’s attorney, Josh Krevitt told the court that the harm would be “irreparable” once sales of the Android smartphone began. Samsung reportedly saw more than 9 million preorders of the Galaxy S III with its carrier partners before its launch. It has already had its European debut in May and is now available in 28 countries. The Korean electronics company is expecting to have the Galaxy S III available in 145 countries on 296 wireless operators by the end of July. The phone was first unveiled a month ago sporting a 4.8-inch HD Super AMOLED screen, a 1.4-gigahertz processor, one GB of RAM, and available capacities of 16, 32, and 64 GBs.

Apple argued that the Galaxy S III should be included as part of another preliminary injunction along with the Galaxy Nexus since Apple sees Samsung’s latest smartphone as a successor to the handset. Samsung responded in a formal opposition stating that Apple’s motion “should not be done on two days” notice, without due process, and no factual record whatsoever.”

The two companies continue to engage in a legal battle against one another with no end in sight. The whole ordeal started more than a year ago and there seems to be no end in sight. We’ll have to wait and see what comes of the situation going forward.

Source: Reuters

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

So Apple are crying because they think the Samsung Galaxy III is a successor to the Nexus, which is a Google phone & not a Samsung one they will try anything to block devices that outshine theirs.

next it will be TV lol when they release an Apple TV, any company that makes TV will be sued.

Better grab my s3 before they ban it.

Wow that's really messed up of apple. Why does apple have anything to worry about?

when is the s3 launching in the us

Wow as someone that owns a phone and tablet from both Apple and Samsung this makes me laugh. Apple makes more profit than anyone why are they so scared? people still buy Iphones just off name alone even when there are better options. Maybe they feel that people will start to look for other options because people are becoming more tech informed. All of these manufacturers just look stupid to me spending resources on lawyers instead of making products better. To me it looks like Apple starts it with most company's but I could be wrong. Will anyone stop with the lawyers? Shame shame shame Samsung and Apple shame.

Livin the iPhone Life littlelisa63's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,543 Times in 926 Posts

Sometimes I think apple should grow a pair and ******* grow up

Apple has every right to be nervous about the competition. They are failing to impress me anymore. They need to do something big or else people like me are going to drop apple for a more complete phone.

Rocky hit it right on the head. This is not the successor to the Galaxy Nexus but the Galaxy S2. Completely different phones.

Why do people say they are scared? They are just protecting their patents, which Samsung happened to infringe. It's like saying you made a new laptop, and some one completely ripped that off, and bystanders would just say "why are you so scared?"
    Just because they stuff all the hardware they can into the phone doesn't mean it's superior. Ironically people claim Apple is not scared, and cannot be harmed by this, same time they say S3 will take most of their market. Contradict much O_o?

-Win7 Ultimate Retail Dualboot with Mac OSX 10.5.8 On PC, Core 2 Duo, 4GBRam, 300GB Drive, 500GB External, Nvidia Geforce 8400GS

Apple needs to get off their brains, take their heads out their asses, and release new iPhones earlier, it's not other companies faults that apple will lose $$ due to ppl buying other phones because of apples' slow assness in releasing a new iPhone.
    People would like a new iPhone as early as possible in the year (march/april), so it can be used for the summer, not have to wait till the following summer to use it.
    I'm pro iPhone, just sick of apples' "slow assness", and their b*tching about other companies because of it.
    Release iPhones earlier yuh friggn idiots.
    Last edited by LudaChris; 06-14-2012 at 11:04 AM.

I better get my s3 as soon as it launches

Thanks
    Thanked 2,753 Times in 2,643 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Murbina86 View Post
    when is the s3 launching in the us
    I think is on the 23th of June. The super amoled Hd screen is amazing.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rocky5 View Post
    So Apple are crying because they think the Samsung Galaxy III is a successor to the Nexus, which is a Google phone & not a Samsung one they will try anything to block devices that outshine theirs.

next it will be TV lol when they release an Apple TV, any company that makes TV will be sued.
    The Nexusnis made by Samsung, all Nexus are Samsung.

Quote Originally Posted by LudaChris View Post
    People would like a new iPhone as early as possible in the year (march/april), so it can be used for the summer, not have to wait till the following summer to use it.
    Huh? People need to spend less time on their stupid phones and more time outside doing "real" stuff. And no, social media doesn't count.

Quote Originally Posted by iPhonePutz View Post
    Huh? People need to spend less time on their stupid phones and more time outside doing "real" stuff. And no, social media doesn't count.
    +1. I miss being a kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Spazmonic View Post
    that doesnt mean all samsung are nexus...

Quote Originally Posted by Spazmonic View Post
    So in that thinking iPads & iPhones are Samsung's? since they make the screens & other components.

Get real, Samsung may have made components for the phone it doesn't make it Samsung's, the Nexus was Google's phone & the Galaxy is Samsung's phone.
    Apple are Control freaks we need to stop them before they take over the world!!

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rayzeur22 View Post
    that doesnt mean all samsung are nexus...
    No I know that, but I can see where Apple is going with it. I could care less. I love my GSII.

the galaxy nexus is a google-samsung combo.

but apple is childish..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast